DonneKD

Help with DS-261

6 posts in this topic

Thanks in advance for your time.

Filed I-130 in April 2018, approved and now case is in NVC stage. I would like to be the agent instead of my family member whom I'm sponsoring. I have already paid AOS & IV fee. I am NOT seeing and option to choose Agent. How do I go about filing DS-261 in CEAC? Or what is the process to change Agent? Been trying to reach agent at NVC by calling (603) 334-0700, no luck call just disconnects. After google search, I think I have come to right place for help. Please help!

THANK YOU!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country:
Timeline
9 hours ago, DonneKD said:

Filed I-130 in April 2018, approved and now case is in NVC stage. I would like to be the agent instead of my family member whom I'm sponsoring. I have already paid AOS & IV fee. I am NOT seeing and option to choose Agent. How do I go about filing DS-261 in CEAC? Or what is the process to change Agent? Been trying to reach agent at NVC by calling (603) 334-0700, no luck call just disconnects. After google search, I think I have come to right place for help. Please help!

THANK YOU!

I wasn’t requested to choose an agent at CEAC. I’ve paid, filled, submitted forms, and got case complete. Continue with the process. 

(I’m the petitioner and the applicant is my mom)

Filed: IR-5 Timeline
On 3/25/2019 at 8:54 PM, DonneKD said:

THANK YOU!

DS-261 and the whole agent thing is done away with and not required now if you are submitting your docs on CEAC. So just move ahead with what you see on CEAC. Also, the whole process is pretty much without any postal mail (from you or the NVC/Dept. of State) - so that is a non-issue.

Edited by willcrack

• 2 weeks later...

NVC finally replied to my inquiry. As others stated above DS-261 is no longer required.

"We are now collecting and reviewing documents electronically through the Department of State's Consular Electronic Application Center (CEAC) at https://ceac.state.gov/iv. The previous Agent of Choice Form DS-261 is no longer required.

You will need to log onto CEAC to choose who you want to receive notifications about your case by updating the email address."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.