Dami1025

N400 interview done but RFE (request for evidence)

61 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Dami1025 said:

Yeah beside the insurance policy i think we have everything. His driver license is suspended idk if it even worth it to add him on. We still have the joint savings but joint checking was closed in 2017 since he owed them money again. But i will go to the bank and see if they can retrieve those statements. Will submit all the things i have since we got married just to make sure it’s enough 

It says in our letter at least submitting everything is strongly recommended. But we don't have joint checking. Hopefully that doesn't weaken our case too much.

I'm thinking of uploading more stuff in the Unsolicited Evidence area of myuscis page. It says they aren't required to look at it. It's up to the IO to look at that. I wonder if it's worth it.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

1 minute ago, corvusheart said:

It says in our letter at least submitting everything is strongly recommended. But we don't have joint checking. Hopefully that doesn't weaken our case too much.

I'm thinking of uploading more stuff in the Unsolicited Evidence area of myuscis page. It says they aren't required to look at it. It's up to the IO to look at that. I wonder if it's worth it.

Don’t worry too much you will be fine, if u have everything in your letter besides the bank that’s enough. Did u guy have any kid? We don’t so i think they may suspect the case but who knows what in their head!

4 hours ago, Dami1025 said:

Don’t worry too much you will be fine, if u have everything in your letter besides the bank that’s enough. Did u guy have any kid? We don’t so i think they may suspect the case but who knows what in their head!

No kids here.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

On 3/22/2019 at 2:46 PM, Dami1025 said:

Hello everyone I’m new to the forum, And I have some question about request for evidence form after my N 400 interview on 19 March. So my story was that I marry an US citizen back in 08/2014 but we did not file for green car until 2015, and I receive my 10 year permanent green card in May 2018 and I start to apply for my citizenship application in August 2018. My interview was scheduled for March 19  and I attended the interview by myself my spouse did not come with me.  The thing is that our accountant just finished filing 2018 tax return a day before my interview date and for this year we actually owe tax to the government. During the interview, after the civic test, the officer said that he saw my tax return for 2018 when I was opening my folfer and asked to see it. when he found out that I did not pay for the tax return He said that he will have to send me an RFE notification to ask that I  submit additional document proving that we have paid tax. Right before we submit the application in August we move to the new address and we have been living in the old address (in laws house) for 4 years and because of that when I create this application we did not have any document pointing to this new address.  The officer then asked to see the lease or insurance bill document about the new place but unfortunately I did not prepare enough and I didn’t bring it so again he said to send additional document with the tax 2018 to show that I have been living with my spouse for the past three year he said to mail all the evidence to the office (Philadelphia). At night I checked my online account I saw the rfe form under documents tab, and found out you can actually submit all these documents online. We don’t have a lot of document related to the new house since we only move here for like 8 months we have the lease, bank document, our credit card saying that he is on he’s an authorized  user, some utility bill and tax return. The RFE said to submit W2 for 16, 17, 18 and I’m worried because for this tax year  my W-2 was sent to the new address while his is still at the old house. Even though since 2014, all our w2 were coming to the old house.  I already created a cover letter listing all the docs we will be submitting, and i think i will include some from 2014-15 too just to show that we live together for a long time and since we don’t have many docs for new address.  I lost the folder that had many documents for the removal of conditions so now the joint bank acc we had is already closed. He is very bad with financials so his credit score is bad and he has to be under my account. Do you think these document that I listed are sufficient  for the RFP and also if you have received an RFP for your application do you know how long it would take for them to reopen the case and give me a decision? Thank you all for sharing I really appreciate it, sorry for the lengthy post!

Here's what's listed on M-477 known as documents list required for N-400 and about tax. Technically the amount that you owed to the IRS is not yet overdue since its for 2018. You have until April 15 to pay and it will be overdue after the said date. I believe the IO that conducted your interview is not aware of this, but hey that's what they are, they can ask what ever they want to ask, which is fine but us as an applicant should have rebuttals on each question they will ask if we think is not right. 

Bringing your 2018 tax filing on your interview is a good thing, but I would suggest to those who owed money to the IRS for the year 2018 because of the tax changed should bring payment arrangement like what they mentioned on the list below from the M-477. The IO won't pending your application if you have payment arrangement already prior to your interview, they just want an assurance that you're paying for your taxes, specially for the tax overdue and about to overdue. I would also suggest to bring a printed copy of M-477 to show to the IO just in case this things happen to you.

as for @Dami1025 I believe your best bet is to explain in writing about your case, as what VJ members always mentioned here, they cannot force you to give the evidences that they want from you if you don't have them, so explaining on writing would be your best bet.

Good luck!

If you have ever failed to file an income tax return since you became a Lawful Permanent Resident, send:

All correspondence with the IRS regarding your failure to file.

If you have any Federal, state or local taxes that are overdue, send:

A signed agreement from the IRS or state or local tax office showing that you have filed a tax return and arranged to pay thetaxes you owe; and

Documentation from the IRS or state or local tax office showing the current status of your repayment program.
NOTE: You may obtain copies of tax documents and tax information by contacting your local IRS offices, using the Blue

Pages of your telephone directory, or through its Web site at www.irs.gov.

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

37 minutes ago, Lemon23 said:

Here's what's listed on M-477 known as documents list required for N-400 and about tax. Technically the amount that you owed to the IRS is not yet overdue since its for 2018. You have until April 15 to pay and it will be overdue after the said date. I believe the IO that conducted your interview is not aware of this, but hey that's what they are, they can ask what ever they want to ask, which is fine but us as an applicant should have rebuttals on each question they will ask if we think is not right. 

Bringing your 2018 tax filing on your interview is a good thing, but I would suggest to those who owed money to the IRS for the year 2018 because of the tax changed should bring payment arrangement like what they mentioned on the list below from the M-477. The IO won't pending your application if you have payment arrangement already prior to your interview, they just want an assurance that you're paying for your taxes, specially for the tax overdue and about to overdue. I would also suggest to bring a printed copy of M-477 to show to the IO just in case this things happen to you.

as for @Dami1025 I believe your best bet is to explain in writing about your case, as what VJ members always mentioned here, they cannot force you to give the evidences that they want from you if you don't have them, so explaining on writing would be your best bet.

Good luck!

If you have ever failed to file an income tax return since you became a Lawful Permanent Resident, send:

All correspondence with the IRS regarding your failure to file.

If you have any Federal, state or local taxes that are overdue, send:

A signed agreement from the IRS or state or local tax office showing that you have filed a tax return and arranged to pay thetaxes you owe; and

Documentation from the IRS or state or local tax office showing the current status of your repayment program.
NOTE: You may obtain copies of tax documents and tax information by contacting your local IRS offices, using the Blue

Pages of your telephone directory, or through its Web site at www.irs.gov.

I think your paragraphs are aimed at the wrong people. Dami has the unpaid tax issue and I have the issue where I don't have all evidences listed in letter.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

29 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

I think your paragraphs are aimed at the wrong people. Dami has the unpaid tax issue and I have the issue where I don't have all evidences listed in letter.

that is why I quoted @Dami1025 post not you because OP have unpaid taxes that is not yet overdue. I'm trying to give advise for those who have unpaid taxes specially if they have upcoming N-400 interview.

Edited by Lemon23

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

3 hours ago, Lemon23 said:

that is why I quoted @Dami1025 post not you because OP have unpaid taxes that is not yet overdue. I'm trying to give advise for those who have unpaid taxes specially if they have upcoming N-400 interview.

Thank you so much lemon for your opinion. I have paid federal and city tax, only waiting for state tax as we have to fax our signatures before we can pay online. This is the docs the IO asked that we submitted, we have everything except for the insurance policy. His license is suspended so no car insurance, we didn’t think we need life insurance so none of that too. But both driver licenses are at same address. For health I quitted my job and is back to school so it’s not together. But I remember that I have a rollover IRA after I quitted my job and I listed him as the primary beneficiary so I’m going to submit that document. Again his financial is so bad that our joint checking was closed by the bank, but I will try to go there tomorrow just to see if they can pull up old statement cuz we have that since 2015-2017. Do you think in our cover letter we should explain why we don’t have insurance together? I just feel like the more we try to explain it’d look like we trying to cover up something. 

D9C4DA63-14BF-48B6-B80A-306D300901CF.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Dami1025 said:

@corvusheart hey did you guys have any joint insurance policies together at all? I’m a little freaked out cuz everyone here said that is one of the important stuff. Too bad I don’t have any, I wonder myself if i should explain why we don’t have it. This is driving me crazy :(

Just Health insurance. We don't have any of the other ones. Car insurance is only in my name since he doesn't drive. We also couldn't hunt down any past w2s. Just current ones. As for employer letter my bosses said I would have to contact my HR department. I sat on the phone waiting for 3 hours till I gave up. And as for my husband's job he was just laid off so he obviously won't be able to get a letter. We submitted everything else. So hopefully we don't get denied. But we can't submit what we don't have.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

49 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

Just Health insurance. We don't have any of the other ones. Car insurance is only in my name since he doesn't drive. We also couldn't hunt down any past w2s. Just current ones. As for employer letter my bosses said I would have to contact my HR department. I sat on the phone waiting for 3 hours till I gave up. And as for my husband's job he was just laid off so he obviously won't be able to get a letter. We submitted everything else. So hopefully we don't get denied. But we can't submit what we don't have.

Same scenario here too. I guess i will be happy with what i have. Rather than jumped out and start to buy life Insurance. I read having him as beneficiary for my retirement account is one strong point too. So whatever I’m prepared for the worst!

2 hours ago, corvusheart said:

Renter's or home insurance?

Are you beneficiaries on each other bank accounts?

Will? Living will?

3 minutes ago, Lemonslice said:

Renter's or home insurance?

Are you beneficiaries on each other bank accounts?

Will? Living will?

We don't have any of that. And it's too late at this point we submitted all our evidence on March 15th.

Edited by corvusheart

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

1 hour ago, Dami1025 said:

Same scenario here too. I guess i will be happy with what i have. Rather than jumped out and start to buy life Insurance. I read having him as beneficiary for my retirement account is one strong point too. So whatever I’m prepared for the worst!

The worst that can happen is Denial. And if that happens it's still not the end. If you get denied in the denial letter it says you are allowed to have a Hearing. And during that hearing they do a De Novo on your case "look at the case anew" and then the officer can change the decision from denied to approved if they feel that's what's appropriate.

I read this in the USCIS handbook because I'm preparing for the worst. And we have a lawyer who has been with us since we started our process with the k1 fiance visa who would accompany us to the hearing and fight for us.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

17 minutes ago, corvusheart said:

We don't have any of that. And it's too late at this point we submitted all our evidence on March 15th.

Useful things to have, even if not for citizenship. Bank account beneficiaries are free to add; if you have a retirement or pension plan at work, you can also add your husband. Will/Living will, look up the bar for your state, most have events with free services once or twice per year.  Renters insurance is also very reasonable. 

Best of luck. 

1 hour ago, Lemonslice said:

Useful things to have, even if not for citizenship. Bank account beneficiaries are free to add; if you have a retirement or pension plan at work, you can also add your husband. Will/Living will, look up the bar for your state, most have events with free services once or twice per year.  Renters insurance is also very reasonable. 

Best of luck. 

If we end up having to refile the N400 we will get all those things.

- I am the US Sponsor-

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.