Teacake

NVC Stage Questions, Help Please

7 posts in this topic

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but my USC fiancé and I got our NOA2 a month ago on the 21st of February and he hasn’t received any email or letter from NVC. He’s tried calling multiple times, even in the morning right after they open, and he can’t get through to anyone to ask about a case number.

① Is this within normal processing times? Should we be worried? They will be sending him something surely?

② I have a history of depression and am currently managing it with antidepressants. My mood has been really good lately, but I’m worried about my mental health hurting my chances of being approved. I’m planning on taking a medical certificate (outlining my prognosis, diagnosis and treatment) from my psychiatrist to my medical in the future. Will this be good enough?

③ Also, I know that I as the beneficiary need to have US-sized passport pictures taken for my future interview at the Sydney consulate, but does my fiancé need to send me passport photos along with the I-134 and pay stubs etc.?

Please and thank you!

It took 5 weeks from the NOA2 to our case "arriving", then two days to get a case number assigned, then a few more days to me shipped out.

Please don't worry. This process is slow and while it seems very arbitrary, it really isn't unless you are faking it. 

One thing that i really love about the US, is that they really need a legitimate reason to deny a K-1. 

Check the data base, and I am sure you will see few cases with Feb 21, have a case number. 

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

Also keep in mind that they seemed to have significantly speeded up in December and January, so we got NOA2, a month before we expected it, but then slowed down a lot in February and March. Thus the time from NOA2 to Case Number assigned had fallen to 3 weeks and bounced to 5 weeks in Feb.

Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

We got our Noa2 on Feb 21st also and are still waiting. I am going to send them a email saturday because that is our 30 day mark. I believe they are just slow like wxman22 said im sure we will hear something soon. Good luck with everything.

8 hours ago, Nick27 said:

We got our Noa2 on Feb 21st also and are still waiting. I am going to send them a email saturday because that is our 30 day mark. I believe they are just slow like wxman22 said im sure we will hear something soon. Good luck with everything.

Thank you! That probably is the case. Good luck to you, too!

19 hours ago, wxman22 said:

Please don't worry. This process is slow and while it seems very arbitrary, it really isn't unless you are faking it. 

One thing that i really love about the US, is that they really need a legitimate reason to deny a K-1. 

Good luck.

Thank you! We’ll just keep being patient and hope for the best. Good luck to you as well.

1) I would say. It is a outside of the normal processing times. I have seen people who had their cases processed in a week or less. Mine took about a month and coincidentally got approved when I got somebody on the line at NVC and told them how frustrated I was about how long my case was at NVC.

Case number is pretty important and once you learn how to decode it, it can actually let you know the latest that the embassy will get your case as the person I spoke with notified me that he has never seen it take longer than 4 weeks after the case number is assigned.

I had a lot of trouble getting through as well, also the 1st time I got through,  I was on hold for over an hour but he must be persistent also from my experience calling between 5-8PM is better.

2) I am definitely not an expert on this issue but it seems that what they are most interested in is your physical health the chance that you may have a communicable disease of some kind. I have not seen any mention of any mental health issues but as I said I could be wrong.

3)I am quite sure you don't need his photos just yours. I have seen posts to the contrary but you should definitely have him send you a  signed I-134 and all the evidence they require along with it.  

Hope that helps.

Goodluck!

52 minutes ago, Vasfi said:

2) I am definitely not an expert on this issue but it seems that what they are most interested in is your physical health the chance that you may have a communicable disease of some kind. I have not seen any mention of any mental health issues but as I said I could be wrong.

I did just read somewhere on this website that they also try to asses whether you are a danger to yourself or others. This may very well be true but I wouldn't think a regular physician is qualified to make this judgement but again I don't know. 

2 hours ago, Vasfi said:

I did just read somewhere on this website that they also try to asses whether you are a danger to yourself or others. This may very well be true but I wouldn't think a regular physician is qualified to make this judgement but again I don't know. 

Thank you for all of your information, it’s been very helpful! I’m definitely not a danger to myself or anyone else, so when I get the medical certificate from my psychiatrist, I’ll be sure to ask him to explicitly include his opinion on this (and I believe he would totally agree with me lol). Thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.