ahqs90

Married Sponsors income - self employed

7 posts in this topic

Hi, 

My father is my joint sponsor for my wife to petition and were at the NVC stage and there has been a lot of back and forth with documents. 

• One issue is that the total income for him since he filed a 1040 married and for his tax transcript there was my total parents income and that's what I included. my mother's income is slightly over 3,000 for that year. 
  • I believe they now want to know what was the additional income, which is her income. how do I present that do I have to now add an additional person joint sponsor? 
  • and they want current employment for my father. he owns his own business and I provided his prior tax returns/transcripts. what would be proof of his current employment if he owns the business? 

thank you for all your help its been pretty frustrating and I understand might have been my fault for not clarifying my father's tax info. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You cannot add an additional joint sponsor.  If your Father combining his income with your mother is not sufficient, find somebody else instead.

The latest tax return IS  the evidence of current income for a self employed person.

Us the number from line 22 of those tax returns in the tax sections for both Dad's I-864 and Mom's I-864a.  Mom is Dad's "household member" not an additional joint sponsor.

NOW, carefully STUDY those I-864 instructions ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 3/19/2019 at 8:49 PM, pushbrk said:

You cannot add an additional joint sponsor.  If your Father combining his income with your mother is not sufficient, find somebody else instead.

The latest tax return IS  the evidence of current income for a self employed person.

Us the number from line 22 of those tax returns in the tax sections for both Dad's I-864 and Mom's I-864a.  Mom is Dad's "household member" not an additional joint sponsor.

NOW, carefully STUDY those I-864 instructions ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

Ok, so I don't have a 864a for my mom, can I add one at this stage? the thing is her income was a little over 3k and his is 60+k 

Also I added his tax returns and tax transcripts but they told me I need "proof of current income". 

Can I call them and get clarification? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
53 minutes ago, ahqs90 said:

Ok, so I don't have a 864a for my mom, can I add one at this stage? the thing is her income was a little over 3k and his is 60+k 

Also I added his tax returns and tax transcripts but they told me I need "proof of current income". 

Question: Do you and your parent's live in the same household? or separately? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ahqs90 said:

Same 

Okay, I was in the same boat as you... live in the same household as my parents, they are self-employed, they filed married jointly, etc. 

I had both of my parents fill out separate i-864A forms.

Since they filed jointly, I just put their respective incomes from their tax returns on the form. Like @pushbrk mentioned, I used the number from Line 22, on the latest tax return, for current income. It was accepted by NVC

I am hoping this information is helpful! @pushbrk please correct me if anything is wrong. Thank you in advance, sir! 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, ahqs90 said:

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.