20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Good day all My name is Rashid from Ghana , I have an email from NVC that they sending my package to the consulate here in Ghana which will take several weeks but  for almost 2 months now i havent heard from the embassy. Does anyone has an idea or how to help me .

Also I want to ask the affidavit of support from my fiancee do i need the original copy sent via mail or can i just print out the scanned support and present at the interview ?

Your help will be much appreciate.

Rashid

If you’re doing the K1 visa process, then that’s normal. You need to keep waiting until you get an email from the embassy saying they’re ready for you to schedule your appointment. It’s called “packet 3”. My friend sent me hers to see what it looks like and I can forward it to you if you want so you can start gathering the required documents. 

Timeline
9 hours ago, rashidk said:

Good day all My name is Rashid from Ghana , I have an email from NVC that they sending my package to the consulate here in Ghana which will take several weeks but  for almost 2 months now i havent heard from the embassy. Does anyone has an idea or how to help me .

Also I want to ask the affidavit of support from my fiancee do i need the original copy sent via mail or can i just print out the scanned support and present at the interview ?

Your help will be much appreciate.

Rashid

Hey Rashid...I've also been waiting to hear from the Embassy for 2 months (going on 3) I hear your frustrations!!!!

NVC said they have it in there notes that the Embassy reached out but when I call the Embassy they tell me to keep waiting. They also havent responded to my emails :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait till the embassy contacts you. You can check your status here to see if it's indeed at the embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Timeline
8 hours ago, MissAsante said:

Hey Rashid...I've also been waiting to hear from the Embassy for 2 months (going on 3) I hear your frustrations!!!!

NVC said they have it in there notes that the Embassy reached out but when I call the Embassy they tell me to keep waiting. They also havent responded to my emails :(

I just got off phone with them aswell and they only created a profile for me over the phone and said i should be checking my email they will send me an email for my packet.

14 hours ago, Gwendo said:

If you’re doing the K1 visa process, then that’s normal. You need to keep waiting until you get an email from the embassy saying they’re ready for you to schedule your appointment. It’s called “packet 3”. My friend sent me hers to see what it looks like and I can forward it to you if you want so you can start gathering the required documents. 

Yes i think that will be appreciate in other to have an idea of how it looks like.

Timeline
3 hours ago, nastra30 said:

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait till the embassy contacts you. You can check your status here to see if it's indeed at the embassy:

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

thank you for your help but when i tracked my case here was my respond can i still have idea ?

Edited by Unlockable
Post had personal information

Timeline
1 hour ago, rashidk said:

thank you for your help but when i tracked my case here was my respond can i still have idea ?

So it means you are case is ready to be scheduled for an interview or is ready to be interviewed (if you've already been scheduled). So in your case, your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview but you'll have to wait till the embassy sends you the interview appointment letter and instructions. At least, you have an idea that your case is indeed sitting at the Accra embassy waiting to be scheduled for interview.

Sidenote: Please redact (cover up) your case number and any other sensitive information anytime you post on here.  Contact a moderator to help remove your case number from the post.

Edited by Unlockable
Quote of post with personal information

Timeline
20 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

So it means you are case is ready to be scheduled for an interview or is ready to be interviewed (if you've already been scheduled). So in your case, your case is ready to be scheduled for an interview but you'll have to wait till the embassy sends you the interview appointment letter and instructions. At least, you have an idea that your case is indeed sitting at the Accra embassy waiting to be scheduled for interview.

Sidenote: Please redact (cover up) your case number and any other sensitive information anytime you post on here.  Contact a moderator to help remove your case number from the post.

Thank you for your respond ,So should i go on and schedule an appointment or wait until they contact me ?

Timeline
39 minutes ago, rashidk said:

I just got off phone with them aswell and they only created a profile for me over the phone and said i should be checking my email they will send me an email for my packet.

Yes i think that will be appreciate in other to have an idea of how it looks like.

Would they give you an estimated time to wait for the email?! Its sooo frustrating. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, MissAsante said:

Would they give you an estimated time to wait for the email?! Its sooo frustrating. 

Nope they said i should just keep checking my email even though they created a profile for me over the phone . so i guess i need to fold my arms and wait until they contact me

Timeline
32 minutes ago, nastra30 said:

thank you i am trying to do that. I guess i need to wait for an email from them before they schedule for an interview i guess cause thats what they told me over the phone.

{Mod Action}

***Two post edited to remove personal information ***

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
2 hours ago, rashidk said:

thank you i am trying to do that. I guess i need to wait for an email from them before they schedule for an interview i guess cause thats what they told me over the phone.

Yeah, I think you'll just have to keep waiting until you get an email. The process sucks so I understand your frustration but that's just the nature of US immigration. Don't worry; you'll hear from them soon.

Timeline

Dont schedule an appt untill you hear from them. But in the mean time you can do a police report. Also the affidavit of support has to be original dont send a scanned copy. Have it mailed or have someone bring it to you. We waited for about 9 weeks so its Normal processing for Ghana. If you go before they email you they will send you back home lol

Timeline
8 hours ago, rashidk said:

Nope they said i should just keep checking my email even though they created a profile for me over the phone . so i guess i need to fold my arms and wait until they contact me

I'm right there with you!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.