DA91450

Interview today- RFE requested, need advice ASAP

3 posts in this topic

Hey everyone! Need some serious advice.  We went to our AOS interview on 3/15.  The officer was not very nice to my husband. She didn't want me in the interview at all and asked me to wait in the living room. She took my husband for 20 mins. She was very non approachable from the beginning. She started to go through his I485 form detail by detail. She asked him if he was working which he wasn't bc he hasn't gotten the EAD yet. We got the AOS interview sooner than the EAD/AP. We had listed the current employer or recent on the form and she was questioning if he was working but the employer address was listed in our home country.... she also corrected him as we listed "0" for "have you been married before?" so we listed 0 instead of 1 which she corrected. She also saw we marked "yes" on the question RE: Have you ever been denied a US visa before? She verified this as well which he explained that he applied for tourism before which was denied.  S he went into details on all the pictures. She stated at the end that the interview was complete. She went through the I693 and opened it up and asked him RE: the date of the signature as it was missing. She stated that our relationship was valid in the end and gave us a form that stated that "our case will be continued to be reviewed" . She told him that USCIS doesn't need anymore information and gave us this notice and said that you can now walk away and that we are waiting for the system to validate some things. We were confused when we left.

We got a case update 8 hours later on USCIS website that we have been RFE. She didn't mention this on the interview. I spoke with this lawyer who mentioned maybe she pushed the wrong button and that she would need to send a letter to the Indianapolis office to fix it. 

I don't know what other evidence they would require. We sent I485, I693, affidavit, lease of apartment, duke energy bills, marriage certificate, pictures of travel to CA, TN. I dont know what else is going on and we plan to travel for our honeymoon non 4/24. The officer also was aware of this and she stated that we should see online in 2 weeks and request info pass for I551 stamp if approved.

Any advice is needed! What a mess. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate thread removed~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
3 hours ago, DA91450 said:

Hey everyone! Need some serious advice.  We went to our AOS interview on 3/15.  The officer was not very nice to my husband. She didn't want me in the interview at all and asked me to wait in the living room. She took my husband for 20 mins. She was very non approachable from the beginning. She started to go through his I485 form detail by detail. She asked him if he was working which he wasn't bc he hasn't gotten the EAD yet. We got the AOS interview sooner than the EAD/AP. We had listed the current employer or recent on the form and she was questioning if he was working but the employer address was listed in our home country.... she also corrected him as we listed "0" for "have you been married before?" so we listed 0 instead of 1 which she corrected. She also saw we marked "yes" on the question RE: Have you ever been denied a US visa before? She verified this as well which he explained that he applied for tourism before which was denied.  S he went into details on all the pictures. She stated at the end that the interview was complete. She went through the I693 and opened it up and asked him RE: the date of the signature as it was missing. She stated that our relationship was valid in the end and gave us a form that stated that "our case will be continued to be reviewed" . She told him that USCIS doesn't need anymore information and gave us this notice and said that you can now walk away and that we are waiting for the system to validate some things. We were confused when we left.

We got a case update 8 hours later on USCIS website that we have been RFE. She didn't mention this on the interview. I spoke with this lawyer who mentioned maybe she pushed the wrong button and that she would need to send a letter to the Indianapolis office to fix it. 

I don't know what other evidence they would require. We sent I485, I693, affidavit, lease of apartment, duke energy bills, marriage certificate, pictures of travel to CA, TN. I dont know what else is going on and we plan to travel for our honeymoon non 4/24. The officer also was aware of this and she stated that we should see online in 2 weeks and request info pass for I551 stamp if approved.

Any advice is needed! What a mess. 

Could be the fact that the I693 didn't have a signature date, since it's only valid for I believe 60 days. Could also be something else the officer didn't see right away.

Not all officers (aka, almost none of them) are allowed to approve/deny AOS, supervisor has to go over it. It's possible that the supervisor saw something they need before approval or, like your lawyer said, they pushed a wrong button.

Wait for about 1-2 weeks to get the RFE. If you status doesn't change and you don't get the RFE you can call USCIS. Before that time they'll prob tell you to wait for the RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.