ckibs

Travel history/proof

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

I'm starting to prepare my N-400 application so it's ready to go once I receive my 10 year GC, hopefully this Summer! *fingers crossed*

I have a question in regards to the travel history; I have had 2 trips outside of the U.S. since marrying my U.S. spouse, these lasting a combined 32 days. Do I need to document this even though it was less than 6 months and how can I document it? Unfortunately this is the only part of the application I was unaware of, otherwise I would have saved my plane tickets.

I went to the I-94 site and no travel history would come up for me even though I have used my passport (combined with GC) going through the airports. I have entry stamps from the U.S. in my passport for my return on both occasions however there's no entry/exit stamps from my home country since I only traveled there with a passport from said country, so that's really only a one-sided piece of proof. Should I still submit it? What have you seen others do?

Thank you for the help in advance!

Edited by ckibs

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

08/17/2015 - I-129F petition/packet sent off
12/17/2015 - Visa Interview in Sweden. We're APPROVED!!!
01/14/2016 - P.O.E. @ Newark International Airport
03/21/2016 - Got married @ town hall
03/22/2016 - AOS, EAD, AP packet sent off
08/03/2016 - Became a Conditional Permanent Resident
05/07/2018 - ROC packet sent off

06/12/2019 - ROC approved (no RFE, no transfer, no interview)

Timeline
15 hours ago, love_my_wife said:

Yes, you need to mention any travel of 1 day or more outside the US in your application. You don't need to submit any documentation for it though.  If you can't find the info on I-94 website, call or email them (Your port of entry I-94 department at the airport where you exited and entered).

Thank you for your reply. You're saying I don't have to submit documentation? I'm of course mentioning my trips in the application itself.

I checked the I94 website and NO information for me is coming up within the past 5 years. It's also saying that people with GC won't show up? I guess I can call the airport, I just remember the hassle years ago when I arrived and needed to retrieve my I94. Would the i94 show me leaving the country though? Because that's essentially the information I'm in need of. I checked my email and I only have plan ticket confirmation for my most recent trip 🙄

Our Visa Journey (L) (See our Immigration timeline for a very detailed K-1 and AOS process)

14 minutes ago, ckibs said:

Thank you for your reply. You're saying I don't have to submit documentation? I'm of course mentioning my trips in the application itself.

I checked the I94 website and NO information for me is coming up within the past 5 years. It's also saying that people with GC won't show up? I guess I can call the airport, I just remember the hassle years ago when I arrived and needed to retrieve my I94. Would the i94 show me leaving the country though? Because that's essentially the information I'm in need of. I checked my email and I only have plan ticket confirmation for my most recent trip 🙄

It's also saying that people with GC won't show up?

That is not true , I'm green card holder and I just printed my travel history using https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home#section , under 'Need A history of Your Arrivals & Departures' then I entered my information including the passport number.

1 hour ago, torres10 said:

That is not true , I'm green card holder and I just printed my travel history using https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home#section , under 'Need A history of Your Arrivals & Departures' then I entered my information including the passport number

This is true, i have the same information when i retrieved and printed my I-94 in preparation for my upcoming interview, all of my in and out of the US were recorded on my I-94 accurately.

VERMONT SERVICE CENTER - I-751 ROC

05/11/17: Date of I-751
05/12/17: VSC received our package

05/12/17: NOA Date
05/14/17: NOA Arrived in the mail & check cashed

06/22/17: Biometrics Appointment at ASC Manhattan

04/09/18: Online changed to case transferred to local office but no actual letter

06/13/18: Card Being Produced - NO RFE/NO INTERVIEW

06/16/18: Approval Letter arrived in the mail with 06/13/18 approval date

06/18/18: Card was picked up by USPS

06/20/18: Received 10 years Green Card from the mail - END OF I-751 JOURNEY!

E-FILING (IOE) N-400 APPLICATION FOR NATURALIZATION

06/21/18: Submitted Online
06/22/18: Received NOA Online

06/23/18: Online account updated to Biometrics scheduled on 07/12/18

06/25/18: NOA letter arrived in the mail

06/28/18: Biometrics appointment letter arrived in the mail

07/12/18: Biometrics appointment at ASC Manhattan

02/28/19: In Line for Interview

03/01/19: Interview Date is on 04/08/19

04/08/19: Interview Day: Approved on the spot

04/09/19: We Scheduled your Oath Ceremony 

04/12/19: Oath Letter arrived in the mail

05/02/19: Oath Ceremony - OFFICIALLY U.S. CITIZEN AND END OF IMMIGRATION JOURNEY!

DS-11 - APPLICATION FOR US PASSPORT BOOK AND CARD

05/02/19: Submitted application thru USPS - Expedited
05/06/19: Received email, passport application is now traceable online thru Travel.State.gov website (https://passportstatus.state.gov/Search)

05/08/19: Received email, passport has been printed and it's on final processing
05/09/19: Received email, passport application has been finished processing with USPS tracking number and expected delivery is on 05/14/2019

05/10/19: Receive email from USPS informed Delivery - Expected Passport delivery is on 05/11/2019

05/11/19: Passport book received thru USPS Priority Mail

05/13/19: Passport card received

05/14/19: Naturalization Certificate back - END OF PASSPORT APPLICATION!

Filed: Timeline
18 hours ago, ckibs said:

I'm starting to prepare my N-400 application so it's ready to go once I receive my 10 year GC, hopefully this Summer! *fingers crossed*

I have a question in regards to the travel history; I have had 2 trips outside of the U.S. since marrying my U.S. spouse, these lasting a combined 32 days. Do I need to document this even though it was less than 6 months and how can I document it? Unfortunately this is the only part of the application I was unaware of, otherwise I would have saved my plane tickets.

I went to the I-94 site and no travel history would come up for me even though I have used my passport (combined with GC) going through the airports. I have entry stamps from the U.S. in my passport for my return on both occasions however there's no entry/exit stamps from my home country since I only traveled there with a passport from said country, so that's really only a one-sided piece of proof. Should I still submit it? What have you seen others do?

Thank you for the help in advance!

I have the same problem.  I know it used to work in the past because I was able to retrieve it.  Today it says I have no history.  I hope someone who has experience with this problem sees your post and is able to offer help.  Thanks for posting.

iagree.gif

Hello guys,

I am confused, too. My I-94 shows my record accurately. But I do not know what info I need to write. I came to US almost five years ago as a tourist, for just one day. Months later, I returned as a fiancee and became a resident, I just left US, by land, for a couple of hours (as a resident) so I think that is why that trip does not appear.

But, the form ask for "leaving US date and returning date" I never "left US"  I "arrived" as a tourist and then I "returned" to my country.

Has anyone having this issue?

Thank you!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Luciann said:

Hello guys,

I am confused, too. My I-94 shows my record accurately. But I do not know what info I need to write. I came to US almost five years ago as a tourist, for just one day. Months later, I returned as a fiancee and became a resident, I just left US, by land, for a couple of hours (as a resident) so I think that is why that trip does not appear.

But, the form ask for "leaving US date and returning date" I never "left US"  I "arrived" as a tourist and then I "returned" to my country.

Has anyone having this issue?

Thank you!

They want to know how many trips outside the US (lasting 24 hours or more) you've been on since getting married 

Timeline
On 3/14/2019 at 4:37 PM, Krikit said:

I have the same problem.  I know it used to work in the past because I was able to retrieve it.  Today it says I have no history.  I hope someone who has experience with this problem sees your post and is able to offer help.  Thanks for posting.

Yea same here, I was able to retrieve the I94 from when I arrived on my K1 visa however only after speaking to an officer at the airport because they had noted my birth year wrong 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Timeline
On 3/14/2019 at 2:37 PM, love_my_wife said:

I had emailed the I-94 department at my local airport once and they also said that info for green card holders won't show up. However, my spouse is a greencard holder and it shows history for her as she had an non-immigrant status here earlier.

But if you used your passport going through wouldn't it show up? I'm so confused how I'm going to show proof of my two trips without the I94... I really wish I had known about this requirement from the start 

Timeline

This is from the USCIS website, their document checklist for the N-400 application... So I don't need to submit proof if my trip was less than 6 months? Other than of course note the dates within the form itself.

20190315_231542.jpg

Timeline
9 minutes ago, love_my_wife said:

As I already said, no proof is needed to be submitted for travel history but you still need to mention the dates. The screenshot above is a completely different thing....

How's that a completely different thing? This screenshot is in relation to the travel question on the application. I'm just making sure that I don't need to provide proof... and I know I need to mention the dates lol I've stated that of course they've been added, my question is not whether to add the information but whether I need to submit proof

15 hours ago, ckibs said:

They want to know how many trips outside the US (lasting 24 hours or more) you've been on since getting married 

Thank you very much for your help, ckibs 🙂

Then my answer will be "no".

13 hours ago, ckibs said:

How's that a completely different thing? This screenshot is in relation to the travel question on the application. I'm just making sure that I don't need to provide proof... and I know I need to mention the dates lol I've stated that of course they've been added, my question is not whether to add the information but whether I need to submit proof

I think you need to mention the dates of course, but the proof you need to submit will be your transcripts or stub payments as the checklist states.

I have read that some people are showing the I-94 record but just during the interview.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Luciann said:

I think you need to mention the dates of course, but the proof you need to submit will be your transcripts or stub payments as the checklist states.

I have read that some people are showing the I-94 record but just during the interview.

But that's what I mean; some are saying you need to submit proof even if you were out of the country less than 6 months and others are saying you only have to submit proof if it was more than 6 months. To me it looks like - from the screenshot I shared from USCIS document checklist - that you only have to submit proof if you've been out of the country for 6 months or more.

I might be able to retrieve information from the I94 website after speaking to an officer but other than that I really have no proof. I can show that I finished school 5 days prior to my first trip and the stamp in my passport from when I arrived back in the US. For the second trip I can provide pay stubs, my email confirming purchase of tickets and stamp in my passport from when I arrived back in the US. But that's all I have to show...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.