mmn95

What should I expect for request for initial evidence?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

In 7-10 days you will receive via mail the actual RFE and it will explain exactly what you need to do. Just do everything the notice says, and follow the instructions exactly, and you will be fine. It could be for a number of things such as forgetting to check a box, or forgetting to sign somewhere, it could be anything really. Respond with what they need as soon as you can, and it shouldn't effect your processing time very much. The faster you respond, the faster they will process the RFE. Try to think positively, at least you know your case is on someones desk and being looked at.

If you look at the bottom of your timeline it says the RFE may extend your time by up to 30 days.

Edited by Loren Y

Here on a K1? Need married and a Certificate in hand within a few hours? I'm here to help. Come to Vegas and I'll marry you Vegas style!!   Visa Journey members are always FREE for my services. I know the costs involved in this whole game of immigration, and if I can save you some money I will!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
34 minutes ago, mmn95 said:

NOA1 was 10/30/18 and this morning I received a request for initial evidence email. Does this mean I may have forgotten something on my application? Also how does this affect processing times? I heard potomac has been processing everything relatively quickly 

Yes, apparently you forgot to send something, they lost it or they just didn't use their eyes.

I got one 2 weeks after filing (K1 --> AOS, you posted in that forum but you're doing I-130 right? Anyway, I forgot to send the W2 with the tax return, oops), send the requested document back 2 days after I got the RFIE and 1 week later my case was ready to be scheduled for interview. 

Usually RFE/RFIE's go on a pile, once they get the documents it goes back at the normal pile and will be processed. If you send the documents asap you won't really have a delay in processing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.