8 posts in this topic

Hi guys, 

I recently became an American Citizen and this group helped me a lot to conclude my case with USCIS. Now new journey is beginning since I decided apply for my parents GC. 

I am applying for my mom and dad, both are already in US and i am think just apply the employment for my dad to avoid any extra cost. 

Somebody who started this process recently could help me ? 

1) I would to check if these are ALL the forms needed : I-485, I-130, I-765, I-864

2) I can give the form I-693 just in the interview date or i need to send it all together ?

3) Do i need to pay the fee for I-131 even when i am paying all the others fees ? If i decided not apply for the I-131 now and I submit it during the process ? 

4) Can somebody help me calculate the amount of the check to send to USCIS ? 

Thank you very much for your help in advance. 

11 minutes ago, Husbandandwife said:

Hi guys, 

I recently became an American Citizen and this group helped me a lot to conclude my case with USCIS. Now new journey is beginning since I decided apply for my parents GC. 

I am applying for my mom and dad, both are already in US and i am think just apply the employment for my dad to avoid any extra cost. 

How did your parents enter the US? Do they have legal status?

Somebody who started this process recently could help me ? 

1) I would to check if these are ALL the forms needed : I-485, I-130, I-765, I-864

Plus I130a...unless you are applying for Advanced Parole now too (its free).

2) I can give the form I-693 just in the interview date or i need to send it all together ? Better to to it much later and bring to the interview as it will have an expiry of 2 years if you do it now. Likely they will have to wait much longer than that.

3) Do i need to pay the fee for I-131 even when i am paying all the others fees ? If i decided not apply for the I-131 now and I submit it during the process ?  I131 is free if you file concurrently with I485 or AFTER you file the I485.

4) Can somebody help me calculate the amount of the check to send to USCIS ? 

I130 $535

I485 FEE plus Biometrics $1225.

Thank you very much for your help in advance. 

Edited by K1visaHopeful

2 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Hi @K1visaHopeful

Thank you so much for your quick reply. 

How did your parents enter the US? Do they have legal status?  They got here before the holidays on tourist visa and then decided to stay. They do have legal status until June 2019, but i am planning to apply Asap for them. 

So applying for I-485 and paying the $ 1225 fee, then i can apply for I765 employment and I-131 travel without extra cost ? 

In this case i will apply for both I-485, I-130, I-765, I-864, I-131 now. Sending a check amount $1760 for each. Can I pay it with credit card? Form number ? 

And sending the I-693 in the day of interview. 

Could you please if my thoughts are correct ? 

6 minutes ago, Husbandandwife said:

Hi @K1visaHopeful

How did your parents enter the US? Do they have legal status?  They got here before the holidays on tourist visa and then decided to stay. They do have legal status until June 2019, but i am planning to apply Asap for them. 

Okay. Be careful with that. You may want to get a lawyer as they may be scrutinized for using a non immigrant Visa to immigrate. And you may not be entitled to apply the I130 concurrently with the I485 as you may need the I130 to be approved first. A lawyer will be able to tell you that.

So applying for I-485 and paying the $ 1225 fee, then i can apply for I765 employment and I-131 travel without extra cost ? 

Yes I131 and I765 are free with I485.

6 minutes ago, Husbandandwife said:

In this case i will apply for both I-485, I-130, I-765, I-864, I-131 now. Sending a check amount $1760 for each. Can I pay it with credit card? Form number ? 

Yes. G1450 is the credit card payment form.

Sorry I was wrong about the I130a. That's for alien spouses only. You wont need that.

3 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Yes I131 and I765 are free with I485.

Sorry I was wrong about the I130a. That's for alien spouses only. You wont need that.

Thank you very much for your help. 

I will get all this done and i case i have any other questions while filling it out I come back here to check it out. 

Thank you so much 🙏

You might want to read this. 

Unfortunately your parents will probably not be able to file for their I485 in until a Visa is available for them.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/when-i-130-can-be-filed-the-same-time-green-card-application.html

That's why I suggested a lawyer.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

1 hour ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Do you know if the parents GC is giving for 2 or 10 years ?

Hi @K1visaHopeful

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/11/2019 at 7:46 PM, K1visaHopeful said:

You might want to read this. 

Unfortunately your parents will probably not be able to file for their I485 in until a Visa is available for them.

https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/when-i-130-can-be-filed-the-same-time-green-card-application.html

That's why I suggested a lawyer.

From your link: "Other immediate relatives for whom there is no limit in the number of available green cards include parents and children (under 21 and unmarried) of U.S. citizens."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.