Ash0942

Canada - CEAC says "READY" but the Montreal consulate has does not have my case

5 posts in this topic

Hello everyone!

My CEAC has said ready (that I can book an interview at the US Consulate in Montreal) since March 8th. We had previously called NVC and they told me that they had shipped my petition February 26th. I had read on the forums that many people send their Packet 3 in once their CEAC says ready, but I got an email today that reads:

"Hello, thank you for your inquiry. According to our records, your case might still be at the NVC or in mail transit to Montreal"

I was under the assumption that my CEAC wouldn't say ready unless they do in fact have my case and have reviewed it. My CEAC Ready date was updated today as well. Has anyone experienced this? I'm not entirely sure whats going on and if I should patiently wait for my Packet 3.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ash0942 said:

Hello everyone!

My CEAC has said ready (that I can book an interview at the US Consulate in Montreal) since March 8th. We had previously called NVC and they told me that they had shipped my petition February 26th. I had read on the forums that many people send their Packet 3 in once their CEAC says ready, but I got an email today that reads:

"Hello, thank you for your inquiry. According to our records, your case might still be at the NVC or in mail transit to Montreal"

I was under the assumption that my CEAC wouldn't say ready unless they do in fact have my case and have reviewed it. My CEAC Ready date was updated today as well. Has anyone experienced this? I'm not entirely sure whats going on and if I should patiently wait for my Packet 3.

Our case was shipped to Moscow on 2/19. DHL delivery said arrival 2/26. CEAC has said “Ready.”  Moscow still says they haven’t received. We are hoping to hear something different soon 😳

21 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

Our case was shipped to Moscow on 2/19. DHL delivery said arrival 2/26. CEAC has said “Ready.”  Moscow still says they haven’t received. We are hoping to hear something different soon 😳

Just curious, how did you track your petition to the consulate via DHL? Maybe that would give me some peace of mind that its on its way 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ash0942 said:

Just curious, how did you track your petition to the consulate via DHL? Maybe that would give me some peace of mind that its on its way 😊

Take a look at the first post in new topics, such as “JanuaryNOA2 to NVC”. Greenbaum gives you a primer on what expect.  About mid-way through the post it gives you the DHL “hack” that allows you to see when NVC shipments go out to various embassies.  It is general, in that you don’t have a tracking number for your specific case, but you can see when and where the regular shipments go out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ash0942 said:

Hello everyone!

For Montreal, it takes longer.  You have to wait until you receive the Packet 3 from them to take the next step.  Your package didn't actually leave the NVC until last Tuesday March 5th.  You should get it sometime next week or the week after.  Canada is sloooowww.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.