bf__

Visit between NOA1 and NOA2.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So, I'm planning the next visit over to the US. I went over for Christmas in between the two NOA's, no problem.

This time however, if I'm asked what reason I have to come back home, I don't really have one. By the time of travel I will have most likely quit my job because we are due our NOA2 any moment now.

I'm also planning to take some of my clothes and belongings along this trip, and then the rest when I fly with the visa.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
22 minutes ago, brandonflude1 said:

This time however, if I'm asked what reason I have to come back home, I don't really have one. By the time of travel I will have most likely quit my job because we are due our NOA2 any moment now.

Don't quit your job would be my suggestion for a number of reasons. 

Were you asked about a reason to return home last time you visited? This time your reason might be "I have an interview at the US embassy on [date]".

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Just now, Wuozopo said:

Don't quit your job would be my suggestion for a number of reasons. 

Were you asked about a reason to return home last time you visited? This time your reason might be "I have an interview at the US embassy on [date]".

I say quitting my job, it's more "my hours will be reduced gradually", but I totally understand your point.

I don't remember being asked last time, but that was over Christmas so I kinda assume they think I'm going home after that anyways.

I probably won't have an interview date, but is a copy of the NOA2 or NOA1 something that could help?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, brandonflude1 said:

I say quitting my job, it's more "my hours will be reduced gradually", but I totally understand your point.

I don't remember being asked last time, but that was over Christmas so I kinda assume they think I'm going home after that anyways.

I probably won't have an interview date, but is a copy of the NOA2 or NOA1 something that could help?

I visited so many times including after NOA2 and was never asked for anything other than "What is the purpose of your trip? (I'm on holiday). Once the bloke said "you come here a lot" and my reply was "yeah I like it here and always have fun." 

You probably don't seem too suspicious or they would have already asked. Just be casual and confident and answer any questions. Take proof of your visa process if you are worried. 

Should your bags be chosen for searching, having things inappropriate for a short holiday or not of the season, would be more suspicious. Remember the entry is as a tourist, not a person moving in. 

Edited by Wuozopo

Don't quit your job before you actually move here. Before my hubby moved here and he was just visiting he got a hard time from the CBP agent and pulled into secondary because he was unemployed for a short period during one of his visits. The CBP officer came out to talk to me giving me a hard time. And I said listen we plan to do it the correct way no sense doing it the wrong way and being paranoid. He was taken aback a bit but smiled and said thats the right answer he will be right down.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.