AmyOlivia

NVC Impossible to Pin Down?

13 posts in this topic

Hiya everybody, still getting to grips with the forum and have been astounded by the support and helpful steps that everybody has provided so far! I've filled out my timeline, so you guys can have a gander and see where I'm at.

I'm the beneficiary and living in the UK. On Tuesday, my fiance received an email from the NVC after 4 weeks of processing on their end to state that we were entering the stage of the Embassy receiving my info, etc. They notified us that we can log onto CEAC and track our process from there, only there's a notable problem with that...

The login requires the IIN, which the NVC haven't provided for us.

Am I missing something here? We have our case number, which was issued on Tuesday, the USCIS receipt number from the petition... but no number being dubbed as the IIN.

Both my fiance and I have been trying to get in contact with the NVC in order to clarify this so we can keep things moving/ keep a check on things, to no avail. Their phone lines have recently changed to be open 9am till 9pm EST, but regardless of when we call the number that they provided us, we can never get through. We just get a pre-recorded message to call back later... which is fine if the call isn't costing insane amounts every time, like it is with my British SIM card every time I attempt to call.

I emailed them today to ask about the IIN and a few other things specifically. Does anybody know how quick their email turn-arounds are?

Or, alternatively, is there some other number magically hidden within the email that they sent my fiance which neither of us have picked up on? And trust me, we've scoured the whole thing.

We're both getting very nervous about the deadline approaching, since our petition was approved approaching 2 months ago. Do things actually speed up from here, because at the moment it's feeling particularly sluggish all over again; like waiting for the petition approval.

Thank you all in advance!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Use your new case number starting with LND (for London)

LNDXXXXXXXXX 

Come read and post in the U.K. Forum of this website. Each consulate has different methods of how to proceed. It should be your main place to read from now until you move. 

UK FORUM https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/99-united-kingdom/

Skip the pinned threads. They are way out of date.

another tip-- Always choose Immigrant when using CEAC because the Immigrant Visa Unit is processing your file and doing your interview, even though your visa is nonimmigrant.

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Your case number is all you need. I believe IIN is for the CR-1 visa.

You can now use your case number to sign up to the CEAC website and complete your Ds-160. You will need to  print the confirmation page and take it with you to your interview which you need to schedule after undergoing your medical. 

https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/

Thank you both so much!

I'll use the London Embassy sub-forum from now on for further enquiries etc.

Regarding the DS-160, I've already actually applied for that and received confirmation which is printed and ready to go! In that case, am I all set on the CEAC?

Regardless, I'll get to work on checking everything with the CEAC using my LND case number!

Edited by AmyOlivia

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, AmyOlivia said:

Thank you both so much!

I'll use the London Embassy sub-forum from now on for further enquiries etc.

Regarding the DS-160, I've already actually applied for that and received confirmation which is printed and ready to go! In that case, am I all set on the CEAC?

Regardless, I'll get to work on checking everything with the CEAC using my LND case number!

Yes, the next step for you would be preparing for your medical. 

The medical itself is a breeze! Just be sure to go prepared.

The website tells you what you will need to take with you and what to expect 

http://www.visamedicals.co.uk

Thank you very much for the confirmation!

I have everything in hand ready for the medical, I'm just waiting on my GP to compare and confirm my vaccinations because the online portal records seemed to be incomplete.

As soon as my Visa status hits READY on CEAC, I have no doubt that I'll be prepared to book the medical! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, AmyOlivia said:

Thank you very much for the confirmation!

I have everything in hand ready for the medical, I'm just waiting on my GP to compare and confirm my vaccinations because the online portal records seemed to be incomplete.

As soon as my Visa status hits READY on CEAC, I have no doubt that I'll be prepared to book the medical! 

Do you know which shots are required. There's only four for adults, two of which could be waived.

Varicella waived if you had chickenpox

Flu Shot waived if you book the medical after March 31.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Do you know which shots are required. There's only four for adults, two of which could be waived.

I've been wondering if I'll have to get the flu shot or not (I'm expecting my interview in May hopefully) so this is good then. Have my tetanus booster booked but don't know what to do about Varicella as I had chickenpox as a child (even have a pox scar on my chest) but doctor has no record of it as I wasn't taken to the doctor, just treated at home. Guess I'll just find out when it comes time to have my medical.

Timeline
32 minutes ago, sherydenise said:

I've been wondering if I'll have to get the flu shot or not (I'm expecting my interview in May hopefully) so this is good then. Have my tetanus booster booked but don't know what to do about Varicella as I had chickenpox as a child (even have a pox scar on my chest) but doctor has no record of it as I wasn't taken to the doctor, just treated at home. Guess I'll just find out when it comes time to have my medical.

The technical instructions for both panel physicians (abroad) and civil surgeons (US) say no written evidence of chickenpox is required. The doctors are supposed to take your word for having chickenpox.  I am only familiar with the visa medical clinic for the UK which easily accepts that patients have had chickenpox. It's probably because the UK does not immunize with Varicella and most adults had the disease as a kid. Just tell the doctor at your medical and your sheet should be marked "Varicella History".

The sheet also has a waiver to mark "Not flu season", however being from NZ, your actual flu seasonal shots may not match up with US immigration defined flu season which is Oct 1-Mar 31. I don't know how doctors there mark the sheets. Maybe you will hit the timing just right where it's not flu season anywhere.😄

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The technical instructions for both panel physicians (abroad) and civil surgeons (US) say no written evidence of chickenpox is required. The doctors are supposed to take your word for having chickenpox.  I am only familiar with the visa medical clinic for the UK which easily accepts that patients have had chickenpox. It's probably because the UK does not immunize with Varicella and most adults had the disease as a kid. Just tell the doctor at your medical and your sheet should be marked "Varicella History".

The sheet also has a waiver to mark "Not flu season", however being from NZ, your actual flu seasonal shots may not match up with US immigration defined flu season which is Oct 1-Mar 31. I don't know how doctors there mark the sheets. Maybe you will hit the timing just right where it's not flu season anywhere.😄

Hopefully they'll take my word for it then. I think they've only just recently started immunizing with Varicella recently in NZ. The flu shot becomes available here in April, but I'm figuring my interview will be May - so could be in that in between stage of not having to get it. I guess time will tell :D

6 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

Yes, I was speaking to my practise nurse on the phone today and she checked off my vaccinations against the required shots for the US!

I'm booked to have the Meningitis vaccination next week (which I know isn't required at all for the US), but then I'll have all vaccinations that I'm supposed to have up to date. I also had chickenpox as a child, so Varicella won't apply for me.

Would the Meningitis jab count towards the Flu Shot requirement? I'm looking on track to be able to book the medical relatively soon; this month if at all possible.

Timeline
47 minutes ago, AmyOlivia said:

Yes, I was speaking to my practise nurse on the phone today and she checked off my vaccinations against the required shots for the US!

I'm booked to have the Meningitis vaccination next week (which I know isn't required at all for the US), but then I'll have all vaccinations that I'm supposed to have up to date. I also had chickenpox as a child, so Varicella won't apply for me.

Would the Meningitis jab count towards the Flu Shot requirement? I'm looking on track to be able to book the medical relatively soon; this month if at all possible.

You might want to read up on Meningitis vaccines and appropriateness for adults. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/mening/public/index.html#should

A flu shot is for the current strain of influenza and has nothing to do with meningitis. You may have to get that elsewhere because UK standard is for children and elderly. Some have been refused flu jabs by their GP. Or make your appointment for April 1 or later.

12 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

You might want to read up on Meningitis vaccines and appropriateness for adults. https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd/mening/public/index.html#should

A flu shot is for the current strain of influenza and has nothing to do with meningitis. You may have to get that elsewhere because UK standard is for children and elderly. Some have been refused flu jabs by their GP. Or make your appointment for April 1 or later.

The practise nurse assured me that I fit the criteria for a Meningitis vaccine as I am yet to turn 25 and it is on my record.

As for the flu jab, I doubt very much that I'll be able to get that; as you said. From what I've read around, the doctor in Knightsbridge can administer vaccines on the day and the like. I know it will be a matter of paying for it, but I would rather do that than have my medical/ vaccines refused because I cannot get one for free from my GP.

I'll ask if I can get a flu shot as well as the Meningitis vaccine I'm to receive on Wednesday, because it's definitely worth a go! Thank you again for the assistance and insight. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.