ufc_cat

Administrative processing??? whats up with this

8 posts in this topic

Hello, We applied for an interview on 5/3 via the webiste, got no response, so i contacted tokyo 3 more times each time..they promised me that they would call me and let me know when the interview date would be.I called them today and they called me back saying our case on under administrative processing????

is it normal for this to happen if you are trying to schedule an interview??? From what i understand there is no way to find out how long it will take them to complete this......

I imagine this is because my wife is CHINESE.(i heard that China has a high fraud rate) I thought we would have a solid case since we have lived together for 4 years now.We will have been married 3 years this AUG.She has lived in Japan for 10 years(1st as a student and then working in japan)I have visited China with her and she has come to visit the US with me.We have visas and stamps to prove this.

Does anyone have any advice for me ??? We were playing to leave this june.What else can i do??

Thanks in advance

Edited by k-in-osaka

sorry to hear that....it can be a month or more just hang in there .........I hope it will end soon for you too :thumbs:

"Daca voi nu ma vreti, io va vreau"

DCF Frankfurt Germany

01/12/2007 I-130 filed in person at the Consulate in Frankfurt

01/17/2007 Faxed the checklist to the Immigrant Visa Unit in Frankfurt

03/29/2007 Got letter from USCIS to provide evidence that our marriage is bona fide

04/02/2007 Sent to USCIS lots of evidence

05/03/2007 I have an unofficial "PETITION APPROVED" ...waiting for confirmation from Consulate

05/07/2007 Received email from USCIS ROME confirming that our petition was approved (why Rome? because we complained to the District Office Rome about the Sub-Office Frankfurt..it took too long for our petition to be approved)...now waiting for the interview letter from the Consulate

05/18/2007 E-mail from IV Frankfurt, our interview was scheduled for May 29th

05/19/2007 Packet 4 in the mail: ja ja ja interview letter

05/29/2007 Interview at 7.30 a.m. APPROVED Thank you, God!

06/01/2007 Visa arrived !

06/03/2007 Mayday on the plane POE Cincinnati

Living in Maryland

06/21/2007 Welcome Notice from USCIS

06/29/2007 Applied for SSN at the local Office

07/07/2007 Green Card arrived

07/09/2007 Another 2 Welcome Letters from USCIS...God, they really love me! :D

07/20/2007 Social Security Card arrived

Living@working in Maryland :)

01/18/2009 PCS-ing to Stuttgart Germany

Feb 2009 Received letter from VSC to start removing conditions.

Getting ready the packet for Removing Conditions I-751

03/12/2009 Mailed the I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

is anyone else who has been approved I-130, got a case number, received a packet with the ds-230 from the embassy, sent the ds-230 to the embassy,applied for an interview ...and then been put in AP?????

what gives with this ??? Why would Tokyo do this after all the other steps have been completed??

Anyone in the position, like me....who was waiting to get an interview date and been told you are now in AP???

HELP!!!

Edited by k-in-osaka

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
is anyone else who has been approved I-130, got a case number, received a packet with the ds-230 from the embassy, sent the ds-230 to the embassy,applied for an interview ...and then been put in AP?????

what gives with this ??? Why would Tokyo do this after all the other steps have been completed??

Anyone in the position, like me....who was waiting to get an interview date and been told you are now in AP???

HELP!!!

i dunno abt this one but it makes me really sad to hear an ap case

i hope yours gets over soon

is the beneficiary u or your wife ?

if your wife is petitioner it doesnt matter if she is chinese

somebody pls do correct me if i m wrong ?

india.gifusa.gif

NVC:

03/14/2007-NVC ASSIGNS CASE NUMBER

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL AND DS-3032 GENERATED

03/29/2007-AOS FEE BILL FEES MAILED AND DS-3032 MAILED

04/03/2007-NVC ACKNOWLEDGES CHOICE OF AGENT

04/10/2007-I.V FEE BILL GENERATED

04/18/2007-I-864 GENERATED

04/20/2007-I.V. BILL RECEIVED & MAILED TO N.V.C

04/23/2007-I-864 SENT TO NVC

04/26/2007-I.V. FEE BILL & I-864 ENTERED INTO THE NVC SYSTEM

04/30/2007-NVC BARCODE & INSTRUCTIONS FOR DS-230

05/09/2007-DS-230 SENT

05/23/2007-CASE COMPLETED

VISA APPROVED .

05/XX/2007-FLIGHT To JFK POE

another step of I-751 coming near :)

p.s. My opinion is only what i read research and get advices from experienced people.I aint any

lawyer .

.png

Namastey !

(is the beneficiary u or your wife ?)i am the petitioner and my wife is chinese the beneficiary.

We have been living together for 4 years, been to each others country together and have the visas and stamps to prove it, and married about 2years and 10 months.I dont understand why we would be put in AP.We were given a case number from tokyo and we told would be going for an IR-1.We were going to try and do DCF.It sucks because ive been charged $60 dollars(4 phonecalls) and i never talk to someone who directly knows about my case.They wont tell us anything.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
Hello, We applied for an interview on 5/3 via the webiste, got no response, so i contacted tokyo 3 more times each time..they promised me that they would call me and let me know when the interview date would be.I called them today and they called me back saying our case on under administrative processing????

is it normal for this to happen if you are trying to schedule an interview??? From what i understand there is no way to find out how long it will take them to complete this......

I imagine this is because my wife is CHINESE.(i heard that China has a high fraud rate) I thought we would have a solid case since we have lived together for 4 years now.We will have been married 3 years this AUG.She has lived in Japan for 10 years(1st as a student and then working in japan)I have visited China with her and she has come to visit the US with me.We have visas and stamps to prove this.

Does anyone have any advice for me ??? We were playing to leave this june.What else can i do??

Thanks in advance

There is probably not a lot you can do. A congressman can't help a lawyer can't help. There is no way to get any information and no timelines about how long it can last. I got mine at the NVC level and it has now passed the 4 month mark. Many get it at the embassy level. For many it is a few weeks or a few months. For others it may be much longer. One of our fellow members has been waiting 5 years. The record I have heard of is 8 years. Yes it does happen more with China, Russia and the Muslim countries.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Well...im 34 and my wife is 31.My wife is fluent in Chinese and Japanese and is a good English speaker.We talk in English every day.She came to Japan orginally on a students visa and has worked in Japan since graduating.(10 years in total.)I have been in Japan for 5 yrs and we have know each other for 4.7 years.We have been living since March 03,Married AUG-04.We have no prior weddings or divorces.I dont see why this would happen with the evidence we provided(including an apartment lease and we have worked at the same company..since thats where we met.)

Im just shocked because tokyo sent us a packet and told use to send back the ds-230 and schedule an interview from the website like we did and we get told we are now in AP....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.