brackpool13

NVC Processing and Next Steps

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone,

We received approval for our petition for a K1 visa on 02/02/19, and have subsequently waited 30 days before contacting the NVC to ask about whether the case has been shipped to London and what the case number is.

My fiance (petitioner) called the NVC last night with no luck, after being on hold for 45 minutes she put the the phone down to try again today.

However, she's worrying that she has to complete some actions at this stage, and has sent me the following link...

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process.html

I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply for a K1 visa, and she just needs to get through to speak to someone to get the case number. I'm just checking that I am correct and we don't need to do anything else at this stage?

Thanks,

James

1 hour ago, brackpool13 said:

Hello everyone,

We received approval for our petition for a K1 visa on 02/02/19, and have subsequently waited 30 days before contacting the NVC to ask about whether the case has been shipped to London and what the case number is.

My fiance (petitioner) called the NVC last night with no luck, after being on hold for 45 minutes she put the the phone down to try again today.

However, she's worrying that she has to complete some actions at this stage, and has sent me the following link...

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process.html

I'm pretty sure this doesn't apply for a K1 visa, and she just needs to get through to speak to someone to get the case number. I'm just checking that I am correct and we don't need to do anything else at this stage?

Thanks,

James

Hey James,

There's nothing to do once your petition is approved. The NVC will send a letter containing your case number (you should receive this at some point), your fianceé can indeed call back to get a case number if one is assigned. We eventually called (NOA2 29th Nov) on the 8th Jan and they provided us the case number and coincidentally was the same day the case shipped to the embassy. 

Back to a slightly smaller waiting game and then it's all go go go again! 

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Timeline

Thanks Luke, most helpful as you always seem to be! She tried on the immigrant line - 603 334 0700 - assuming that is the right way to go.

I'm sure i'll be back with another daft question at some point!

Edited by brackpool13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
3 hours ago, brackpool13 said:

^^

That link from her is the processing a spouse visa goes through at NVC. A fiancé just passes through, picking up a new case number, then off to the embassy. 

The instructions for London are found here. Scroll down and read the Step 1-Step 4. Then read all the links at the top. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

What you should be doing in preparation is getting your police certificate, shot record and shots, and health care summary print out from your GP.

She should be preparing her I-134 and snail  mailing to you.

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

^^

That link from her is the processing a spouse visa goes through at NVC. A fiancé just passes through, picking up a new case number, then off to the embassy. 

The instructions for London are found here. Scroll down and read the Step 1-Step 4. Then read all the links at the top. https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

What you should be doing in preparation is getting your police certificate, shot record and shots, and health care summary print out from your GP.

She should be preparing her I-134 and snail  mailing to you.

Thanks Wuozopo. I've got my end sorted for the medical, and she's coming over in April so she can bring the I-134 over. Although it's my understanding she could just scan it and send it if necessary. 

We're just deciding what documents would be best to accompany the I-134.

Timeline
44 minutes ago, brackpool13 said:

We're just deciding what documents would be best to accompany the I-134.

London is not too fussy about I-134. They often don't even mention it, if it looks sufficient. They have often approved on just an employer letter or just a tax return with W2. You don't need to prove it five different ways like the K1 (worldwide) forums say. Choose those two if you're nervous about only having one thing, or sub in pay stubs if one of those isn't easily available. Skip bank letter or assets if the salary is sufficient. 

Later when you adjust status, the affidavit of support (I-864) will be much more specific and stricter. There's often RFEs on those because people don't read the (long) instructions and submit the correct combo of evidence. For now, London is quite flexible in how you prove income and have no "must have" list as long as you show sufficient income.

5 hours ago, brackpool13 said:

Thanks Luke, most helpful as you always seem to be! She tried on the immigrant line - 603 334 0700 - assuming that is the right way to go.

I'm sure i'll be back with another daft question at some point!

There's no such thing as a daft question, only the answers you'll receive :P  

That's the number my fianceé called and was back on the phone to me within 30 mins or so. Give them a week or so and try again. 

I came back on to mention starting to get all of your information compiled for the medical/interview, but you seem to be pretty much there regarding all of that. 

Unfortunately I'm still awaiting the supporting evidence for the I-134 to arrive (posted 10+ days ago now). I have the I-134 but not the supporting evidence but we will see there's still another 2 postal days left.

Summary:

Filed I129f: 06/09/2018

NOA2 dated: 11/29/2018

NVC Case #: Fianceé (USC) Called and received it: 01/08/2019

Case Shipped: 01/08/2019

Case Received: 01/15/2019

Medical: 02/08/2019

Interview: 03/11/2019 - Approved

Visa In Hand: 03/15/2019

US Entry: 05/11/2019 - DTW

Marriage: 06/22/2019

Filed AOS/EAD/AP: 08/02/2019

NOA1: 08/09/2019

RFE: 09/29/2019

Biometrics: 09/30/2019

Interview Letter Received: 11/02/2019

Interview Date: 12/09/2019

AOS Approval Date: 01/04/2020 (Assuming - that's the valid date on my card)

Green Card Received: 01/08/2020

Timeline

Well i hope it arrives for you! Just out of curiosity, is scanning documents over an option for you guys? I did think that the embassy didn't require "wet ink" anymore, but perhaps i'm wrong? My planned sequence of events would be: Medical > DS 160 > Interview > Visa. Fingers crossed it works out.

Timeline
1 hour ago, brackpool13 said:

Well i hope it arrives for you! Just out of curiosity, is scanning documents over an option for you guys? I did think that the embassy didn't require "wet ink" anymore, but perhaps i'm wrong? My planned sequence of events would be: Medical > DS 160 > Interview > Visa. Fingers crossed it works out.

I always suggest wet ink signatures on forms as proper, but London has allowed many variations. They are pretty chill. Evidence like tax returns, or pay stubs, or financial statements (if needed) have always been allowed as photocopies or scans. 

Timeline

Speaking of medical records...

I just received online access to mine online, but it's slightly different from the online portal I've seen others talk about.

I can access my full medical history, and a Summary Patient Record as opposed to a 'Summary Care Record'. My Summary Patient Record basically covers current and past medication.

Will that do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.