ceriserose

The Canuck Clearinghouse Thread

94 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This is the new Canuck Clearinghouse thread, taking up where the former forum left off. The archived thread can be found here:

Old Forum Canuck Clearinghouse Thread

Any continued discussion should be in this thread.

Long live Tim's! :lol:

Electricity is really just organized lightning.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well great job cerise.

Canadians Rule

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

TY ceriserose.

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks so much Cerise...Peggy is right...Canadians Rule!!!!!

(I may be american, but I*AM*CANADIAN in my heart)

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Timeline

Awesome work Cerise, I have been sick sick sick these last couple of days, so haven't seen what has happened until now......how long will this old thread stay though? Will we have to cut and paste it later?

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline
Awesome work Cerise, I have been sick sick sick these last couple of days, so haven't seen what has happened until now......how long will this old thread stay though? Will we have to cut and paste it later?

I'd wondered where you'd been...mentioned to CAPS just yesterday that you hadn't been around and I was gonna have to send out the dog sled team to find ya. ;) Sorry you've been sick. :((F)

The server crashing issues we had Thursday night/Friday were due to something in the posts/threads but after looking, Ewok couldn't determine exactly what about them was the problem, so was hesitant to move them lest it happen here (threads were disappearing!).

I understand that the "old" forums are to remain as an archive, always able to be read, just not posted on. I don't know what the plan is beyond that...at some point Capt. may want to try to troubleshoot the old forums and bring them over, or he may want to just leave them there. That's still kind of up in the air at this point. Putting the link up like I did was the 'best bandaid' solution so people wouldn't be too lost. ;)

In any case, even if we wanted to add the links to this thread here (which isn't entirely unreasonable), I suggest we wait a bit until everything's stable...Capt. was still fixing bugs and fine tuning the features last I checked.

I did leave him a PM that this and the EI thread would need pinning, when he was able.

Hope you feel better soon! :)

Timeline

thanks guys, I hate being sick. :( I have to be really careful because I am susceptible to bronchitis, and this has threatened to go down that road, so I have been resting lots. And I come back and all heck has broken loose on here LOL. I am glad that we can still access the old stuff -- maybe we'll start ClearingHouse Part Deux to contain threads started here on the new forums. :)

PS. Karen -- I realized I haven't written ya in a dog's age -- I promise to get right on that. :)

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

Timeline

Cassie, I just looked at your craft blog.

Very good work :D I love washing the dishes with those homemade dish clothes. I took some here with me when i moved. I love knitting myself, and painting. Not the painting like Jay Jay's........lol. But love doing the nice paint by numbers. :whistle: I just finished one not long ago since I came here. Its really beautiful. It GOD's praying hands with the clouds and sun shining behind them. I really must admit I did a great job. :yes: Cant find a frame big enough for it, so have to make one. Wish I could show it to you. I must take a picture of it and let you see it. You cant tell that it's paint by numbers at all. I used to knit my two sons sweaters all the time when they were little. Now I am making a throw for our couch. Bye for now :D

PEGGY & ROGER

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Timeline

Yay, visitors to my craft blog! LOL I need to update that sucker..... :whistle:

I really think the knitted dishcloths are a Nova Scotia thing, for sure! You wouldn't believe how many I got at my wedding shower hehe. My mom loves loves loves those kind of dishcloths, and they have to match her kitchen (oi vey LOL) -- I figure it makes her happy, and they are easy-peasy to make. If you ever run out, let me know and I'll make you some :)

And definitely share pictures of stuff you make -- me and Cerise love that stuff!

Timeline

I just checked out Cerise's blog too. Her work is awesome. :yes:

PEGGY & ROGER

Timeline
I just checked out Cerise's blog too. Her work is awesome. :yes:

Awww, thanks! That's very sweet of you.

As for the dishcloths, my Mom made those as well. I've been hoarding the few I have left until I can figure out how to make them myself. ;)

Timeline

knitted dishcloths! Is that a Canadian thing? My stepmom made me a bunch! They're great!

Heading Home!

Naturalization

Feb 28/2011 - sent paperwork

Mar 3/11 - received text & email notification - they have it!

Mar 15/11 - text, email, and notice sent - biometrics booked

April 12/11 - biometrics done - I start studying

May - get the letter

June 27 - Interview and oath ceremony - same day

Lifting Conditions

Feb 5/08 - Sent paperwork by USPS - priority

Feb 14/08 - NOA issued

Feb 28/08 - Biometrics letter received for The Bronx Office - have to reschedule

Mar 22/08 - Biometrics rescheduled - LOVE the Saturday appointment!

Feb ?/09 - done!

I'M HIGHLY OPINIONATED WHEN I WANT TO BE, BUT I NEVER SAID I WAS RIGHT

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Knitted dishcloths (and kitchen towels) are the best thing since sliced bread. They're quite popular in Newfoundland so maybe they're a Atlantic or Maritime thing :yes: ........they're at every craftsale!! I plan on stocking up before I leave (maybe I'll learn to knit :P ) They are great!

I keep trying to post about Montreal medicals (whether anybody has gotten a medical a few days before their Interview.......I did call the Montreal consulate where I live so far about from getting my medical done in Newfoundland {500 miles) and they suggested getting it done the same week as my Interview date).....but either it disappears or goes to another thread. I tried 4 times.........in the Canada and the K1 threads. Anybody out there with any info? :help: And I can't say it enough ....I LOVE VJ :luv: Hope everybody is doing well............{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

“For it was not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart. It was not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” JMAC

June 25, 2004 - Bruce & I met through mutual friends in my hometown in Newfoundland the night before he was going back to Maine

July 1 - First email between us

July 3 - I called him to wish him a Happy Independance Day

Daily phone calls and emails from there on in

October 20 - Bruce drove back to Newfoundland. He planned on staying a week but it ended up being 3 weeks. We knew for a fact we were in love!

March 19/05 - Bruce back in Newfoundland

April 8 - Bruce picked me up in North Sydney, NS and we drove to Maine. I stayed for a week due to work

July 26 - Bruce back to Newfoundland for another 3 weeks. I can't bear to see him leave.

August 10 - He asked me to marry him.........I had already asked him anyway just to make sure*_*

September 30 - I flew to Boston to meet Bruce there and then we drove back to Maine for 2 weeks

November 18 - We filed I-129F

December 1 - NOA Receipt #

December 28 - Received Packet 3

January 6/06 - Received my Police Certificate of Conduct

January 11 - Sent DS-230 Part 1 back to Montreal Consulate

February 3 - Sent off my check list to Montreal Consulate

March 24 - Medical

April 5 - Interview Date.....APPROVED......Yahoo

April 17 - Moving to Maine

May 16 - Bruce & I became Mr. & Mrs. in Las Vegas (Oh HAPPY DAY)

Timeline

I am serious guys, if any of you need new knitted dishcloths, holler at me, and I will make them. Or, if you want to do them yourselves, I can mail you a copy of my pattern, just PM me!. I got it during my first knitting lesson, so once you master the knit stitch, increasing, decreasing and yarn over to make a hole, you're good to go -- I know that sounds overwhelming, but most of the people in the class had it figured out by the end of the two hours. :)

Marie, are you looking for info on getting your medical done in Montreal? I am a wee bit confused about what you are looking for :) My only concern is it took me a week to get my sealed envelope of results from the medical I had in Halifax -- the doctor had to wait for the reports from the blood work and such from the hospital before he could send them to me. So I am not sure what to tell you. :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.