Eric The Wait

Never received Extension Letter

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

I-751 received by USCIS on Jan 14, 2019.

We received BioMechanics Letter and already went to the appointment. The site superviser where they took fingerprints demanded to see the Extension Letter. We said it was never received and were told it is impossible to receive the BioMechanics Appointment letter without receiving the NOA Extension Letter and sort of blamed us for losing it. We didn't lose it. They never sent it.

There is no way for me to schedule an InfoPass as there is no office in my area which schedules them. 

How can we possibly get the NOA Extension Letter? I already tried that online system for requesting something that wasn't delivered. I did that weeks ago and it's already beyond the time they were supposed to respond. USCIS just ignored that request. I called USCIS and they said to check the online status and just print that out. Online status just says they: " received I-751 Application and there is nothing that needs to be done." That is not a reasonable equivalent of the Extension Letter.

This is nuts. No one to talk to. No way to schedule an InfoPass. Apparently no way to obtain the 18 Month extension letter. I am ready to call my Senators and Congressman and ask them to intervene, but before I do that I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks

i-751 Sent 1/7/19
i-751 Received 1/9/19
Check Cashed 1/14/19
(G-1145 Email Receipt of case #: Never Received)
1/15/19: Called USCIS and given EAC Case Number

Wow...you are dealing with some truly incompetent people. Sorry to hear that.

First, if you read through the other threads, plenty of people have completed their Biometrics without receiving the NOA1 (Extension) letter.

Let's say you do get your letter in a while (call USCIS and tell them to send you another one), but then your Biometrics Appointment date will have passed - did that person tell you that you can go back there and do your Biometrics?

If the above doesn't work in about a month, raise some noise with both your Senators and Congressmen. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.