Visitor User

New Social Security Card?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
14 hours ago, Mike E said:

My wife is Burmese. I’m Canadian.  

And thus the best Burmese food in the Bay Area is in my house.  

Seriously though have just eaten at Burma Bistro in Santa Clara and Burma Ruby in Palo Alto.  Never heard of Mandalay restaurant. Looks good. It’s an effort to go to SF. Will try it when she gets homesick.  

Technically when you convert from green card to USC, you are supposed to notify the SSA and get a new card.  That’s what they told us at the oath ceremony.  So that is what I did.  

My first SS card was issued when when I was on an I-20, and it never had any restrictions listed on it (those came on SS cards a few years later).  So I never replaced it after getting my first green card. And in those days one went from married directly to permanent residency without EAD.  

Burma Bistro is pretty good but Mandalay is legendary in San Francisco. Give it a try. 

I just became a PR this week.

I had the SSC that was given to me when I entered on a B2 Visa with ‘NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT’. 

I applied for a replacement SSC after I got my EAD.

Now, that I am a PR, I want the unrestricted SSC.

Timeline

I had the SSC that was given to me when I entered on a B2 Visa with ‘NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT’. 

I applied for a replacement SSC after I got my EAD.

Timeline

I had the SSC that was given to me when I entered on a B2 Visa with ‘NOT VALID FOR EMPLOYMENT’. 

I applied for a replacement SSC after I got my EAD.

1 minute ago, Visitor User said:

Anyone?

You can take the ss card and your green card to the ss office and remove the restrictions 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Ann&James said:

You can take the ss card and your green card to the ss office and remove the restrictions 

Thanks because I did not see any instructions on this process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.