bestluck

Oath Ceremony Notice Was Mailed

77 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, mitefa said:

It says after interview, have you been …. (all about if you've been a good boy or not) question, which make sense. Hopefully my answers are no no no no....so far as of right now. Well my answers will be no no no no … til april 10th (oath ceremony date) and always will be, unless I would have a traffic ticket in the future, that's about it. Mennn!!! so happy about that day! long journey! proud of myself!! 

Thank you buddies!! Good luck for all of us!!

Congrats!!!! In just 3 weeks, that's great! Do you plan to apply for a passport soon after? In my case I had scheduled for an afternoon appt with the USPS right after taking the oath.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

That's right, right after the oath ceremony, I will go to the post office to get my US passport done and then after a couple of weeks, I will update at the SS administration office my naturalization status with my passport in hands! they recommend to give a couple of days to go to SS ADM to update to status so I just wait to get my passport in hands to go there.

Edited by mitefa

1 hour ago, mitefa said:

That's right, right after the oath ceremony, I will go to the post office to get my US passport done and then after a couple of weeks, I will update at the SS administration office my naturalization status with my passport in hands! they recommend to give a couple of days to go to SS ADM to update to status so I just wait to get my passport in hands to go there.

Yup, get it over with. I can tell you this last step will feel like the longest but you'll be there soon!

Timeline
43 minutes ago, xyz12345 said:

Yup, get it over with. I can tell you this last step will feel like the longest but you'll be there soon!

very long wait but deserve it! thanks and good luck!

2 hours ago, mitefa said:

very long wait but deserve it! thanks and good luck!

I am still waiting so the party is still waiting for me lol

3 hours ago, xyz12345 said:

first thing after oath get us passport after that get driver licences and SSO ?  

Timeline
18 minutes ago, bestluck said:

no idea what you are talking about!! DL is irrelevant on this case explain me better what it is consist of? if you don't mind 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, mitefa said:

no idea what you are talking about!! DL is irrelevant on this case explain me better what it is consist of? if you don't mind 

since your naturalization was approved!!

1 hour ago, bestluck said:

I already applied for passport and then go to SS when I get the passport. In my case, do I have to change my DL if I don't have a name change? It's still valid for 13 months. In your case, go to SS first then dmv.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
4 hours ago, xyz12345 said:

I already applied for passport and then go to SS when I get the passport. In my case, do I have to change my DL if I don't have a name change? It's still valid for 13 months. In your case, go to SS first then dmv.

At least in Georgia the driver's license is "conditional" as Georgia sees you as a LPR and not a citizen which of course is correct.  There is a notation to that fact on your license.  My wife had her oath ceremony in the morning and we headed to the driver's license office before we went home.  Took about 15 minutes and only had to show the naturalization certificate.  Her license was going to expire in 13 months and we could have gotten a free change to her license status we decided to pay the $32 for a renewal so she is now good for 8 years.  

56 minutes ago, JohnE said:

At least in Georgia the driver's license is "conditional" as Georgia sees you as a LPR and not a citizen which of course is correct.  There is a notation to that fact on your license.  My wife had her oath ceremony in the morning and we headed to the driver's license office before we went home.  Took about 15 minutes and only had to show the naturalization certificate.  Her license was going to expire in 13 months and we could have gotten a free change to her license status we decided to pay the $32 for a renewal so she is now good for 8 years.  

Thanks for your reply! Is the "conditional" for the 2-yr conditional green card? I made sure though that there is no "conditional" somewhere in my FL DL that I might have missed before. I had a 10-yr GC from 2013 during which time I received a 7-yr DL.

I don't know why but had a hard time finding info. Finally found that unless I had a name or address change, I don't need to change to the newest ID until it expires. I'm not sure if I will move in a few months so I might hold off paying $48 until I really need to.

https://www.flhsmv.gov/driver-licenses-id-cards/newdl/faq/

My current credential is valid for a few more months/years. Do I need to do anything now?

No. Individuals are not required to replace their current driver license or ID card during this time, unless their current credential has reached its expiration or a required change is needed, such as a name or address change.

Renew in Office

Customers may visit any driver license service center statewide to renew or replace their credential. Please see the complete list of locations here.

Customers must go into an office:

• If a customer has already used their one-time online convenience renewal.
  • If a customer wishes to become REAL ID compliant.
  • If a customer wishes to update their photo.
  • If the customer is changing their name using an original or certified court order or marriage certificate.
  • If a customer wishes to add or remove a designation, or has a court order to update their credential.
  • If a customer is getting a Florida driver license or ID card for the first time.
  • If the customer holds a commercial driver license.
  • If the license has the word “TEMPORARY” printed on it.

1 hour ago, bestluck said:

I mean 1ST  thing to get us passport ? then DL ? Then Social S ? 

Passport, SS, DL. From what I understand, when the DMV looks up your SS#, it should be under your new name already.

I'm just waiting for my passport and then I'll drop by SS. I dont think I'll change my unrestricted DL for now since I didn't have a name change.

Timeline
2 hours ago, xyz12345 said:

Passport, SS, DL. From what I understand, when the DMV looks up your SS#, it should be under your new name already.

I'm just waiting for my passport and then I'll drop by SS. I dont think I'll change my unrestricted DL for now since I didn't have a name change.

mine?, I think I don't need to go to DMV in VA, there is not restriction or anything on my DL, but I will check once I have my passport. and do SS and DL.. 

4 hours ago, bestluck said:

I mean 1ST  thing to get us passport ? then DL ? Then Social S ? 

I understand now ty

On 3/21/2019 at 5:31 PM, mitefa said:

mine?, I think I don't need to go to DMV in VA, there is not restriction or anything on my DL, but I will check once I have my passport. and do SS and DL.. 

I understand now ty

@bestluck@mitefa

Finally received back my certificate of naturalization from passport processing!

just an fyi. I did expedited passport processing with 1-2 day expedited delivery. Applied on a Thurs, got my passport book 9 days after applic, the passport card 11 days after applic and the certificate 13 days after applic. The woman at the post office suggested money order (instead of check) if you want the passport processed as soon as they receive it. The USPS fee can be charged on a credit card. I was hoping that USPS could overnight deliver to them so they could process my applic that Fri. she said though that there was no such delivery and that it would arrive there on a Saturday. So it was 4 days after applic that they were able able to work on it. It was still fast though.

Now I can go back again to the SS office to update my citizenship status! I was there 2 days ago but this guy wouldn't accept my US passport saying what he needed was the certificate. So guys, just bring the certificate with whatever you have just in case. Best yet, if there is an SS representative at your oath, just do it there and get it over with. Your oath ceremonies will be here soon so try not to get traffic tickets before then! :)

2 hours ago, xyz12345 said:

@bestluck@mitefa

Finally received back my certificate of naturalization from passport processing!

just an fyi. I did expedited passport processing with 1-2 day expedited delivery. Applied on a Thurs, got my passport book 9 days after applic, the passport card 11 days after applic and the certificate 13 days after applic. The woman at the post office suggested money order (instead of check) if you want the passport processed as soon as they receive it. The USPS fee can be charged on a credit card. I was hoping that USPS could overnight deliver to them so they could process my applic that Fri. she said though that there was no such delivery and that it would arrive there on a Saturday. So it was 4 days after applic that they were able able to work on it. It was still fast though.

Now I can go back again to the SS office to update my citizenship status! I was there 2 days ago but this guy wouldn't accept my US passport saying what he needed was the certificate. So guys, just bring the certificate with whatever you have just in case. Best yet, if there is an SS representative at your oath, just do it there and get it over with. Your oath ceremonies will be here soon so try not to get traffic tickets before then! :)

Awesome , great information thank you for share 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.