Cornelio

document submitted but not accepted for months

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for a CR-1 spouse visa. I'm a Canadian living and working in Turkey, my wife is going between Turkey and Minneapolis. We don't quite meet the financial requirements, so we also have a sponsor, her father, who lives in Minneapolis. We're at the stage where we have submitted civil documents and affidavits / evidence. When I go to the CEAC site and log in, everything is fine for me: IV fee PAID, IV application COMPLETED, civil documents ACCEPTED -- I submitted my last civil document on Oct. 18, 2018. Everything also seems fine where my wife is concerned, her Affidavit and Support Fees are listed as PAID, and Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence are ACCEPTED; she completed submission of all documents on Oct. 20, 2018.

The problem seems to be with my father in law, whose Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence are listed as SUBMITTED. He has submitted 7 documents, and they are all listed as ACCEPTED, except for one, his passport, which is listed as SUBMITTED. He uploaded the biographic data page of the passport on Oct. 20, 2018. On Nov. 20, we got a message in our inbox, asking us to submit proof of my father in law's citizenship, e.g. biographic data page of passport; the same day, we got a second message: "We are unable to accept these documents as uploaded. Please delete these documents and submit them under the correct document name." I assume they're referring to the passport, but the system doesn't allow us to delete it. We've tried writing and calling, with no success -- any suggestions? I'd be very, very grateful. Thank you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Cornelio said:

Hi everyone,

I'm applying for a CR-1 spouse visa. I'm a Canadian living and working in Turkey, my wife is going between Turkey and Minneapolis. We don't quite meet the financial requirements, so we also have a sponsor, her father, who lives in Minneapolis. We're at the stage where we have submitted civil documents and affidavits / evidence. When I go to the CEAC site and log in, everything is fine for me: IV fee PAID, IV application COMPLETED, civil documents ACCEPTED -- I submitted my last civil document on Oct. 18, 2018. Everything also seems fine where my wife is concerned, her Affidavit and Support Fees are listed as PAID, and Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence are ACCEPTED; she completed submission of all documents on Oct. 20, 2018.

The problem seems to be with my father in law, whose Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence are listed as SUBMITTED. He has submitted 7 documents, and they are all listed as ACCEPTED, except for one, his passport, which is listed as SUBMITTED. He uploaded the biographic data page of the passport on Oct. 20, 2018. On Nov. 20, we got a message in our inbox, asking us to submit proof of my father in law's citizenship, e.g. biographic data page of passport; the same day, we got a second message: "We are unable to accept these documents as uploaded. Please delete these documents and submit them under the correct document name." I assume they're referring to the passport, but the system doesn't allow us to delete it. We've tried writing and calling, with no success -- any suggestions? I'd be very, very grateful. Thank you.

Ok, so I’ve had to resubmit the biographic page of my husband’s passport so I’ve done this. When you click on the passport to submit it asks if you want to “replace” just click on that link. Hope this helps. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Cornelio said:

Hi everyone,

You will need to replace that document, there should be an option. Also, remember when you sumbit these documents have texts facing up, otherwise they will reject it.

Hello everyone,

Thank you very much for your responses. The problem is, when I go to the page, it gives me no option to replace / delete the document -- I've tried, my wife has tried, no luck. Normally there should be an option to delete in the action menu to the left of the document, but we're unable to do this, it doesn't give us the option. (In fact, we can't even open the document, to see what might be wrong, the page doesn't let us do this.)

We're thinking we might submit the document under "Additional AOS Supporting Documentation" instead of "Required AOS Documents," since this is the only place that gives us the option of adding a document. Hopefully the person at NVC will see the document and make the link.

Thanks again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.