Jump to content

11 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I have read that people have been receiving a RFE- s at their marriage, birth or other certificates if they are just average scanned copies. 

What is acceptable- notarized scanned copy or must be certified copy ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, RedroseMT said:

I have read that people have been receiving a RFE- s at their marriage, birth or other certificates if they are just average scanned copies. 

What is acceptable- notarized scanned copy or must be certified copy ? 

I think those RFEs are anomalies... I haven't sent a single certified or notarized copy of anything, and we weren't asked for originals at the interview. 

 

I did take color copies of everything though, just because it can be hard to see pictures and even words for some documents in black and white, and who wants to tinker with contrast settings. 

Edited by eckoin

Adjusting from TN to GC as spouse of USC

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-11: Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - approved 

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expires 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, eckoin said:

I think those RFEs are anomalies... I haven't sent a single certified or notarized copy of anything, and we weren't asked for originals at the interview. 

 

I did take color copies of everything though, just because it can be hard to see pictures and even words for some documents in black and white, and who wants to tinker with contrast settings. 

Actually I think that too but that happened. The only thing I could do is to go to the court and ask for the certified copy of our marriage certificate. Divorce and birth certificates can’t get certificate copies so I will notarize ( to avoid RFE) . 

However that is very strange as at USCIS site is written they ask for copies and originals must be brought to the interview. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedroseMT said:

I have read that people have been receiving a RFE- s at their marriage, birth or other certificates if they are just average scanned copies. 

What is acceptable- notarized scanned copy or must be certified copy ? 

I put my aos packet together all done with copies from my local library and I’m ready to be scheduled for an interview, not one RFE, so I don’t think that was the problem, probably not legibl or not including a copy of the original and the translated version or translation attestation page, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RedroseMT said:

Actually I think that too but that happened. The only thing I could do is to go to the court and ask for the certified copy of our marriage certificate. Divorce and birth certificates can’t get certificate copies so I will notarize ( to avoid RFE) . 

However that is very strange as at USCIS site is written they ask for copies and originals must be brought to the interview. 

I don't know, I wouldn't worry about it. Perhaps the RFE was because USCIS misplaced the copy or just couldn't read it. The contrast settings, I tell ya. 

 

There is no requirement to send originals obviously, and there's also no requirement to get such documents certified. However, if you're a worrywart, it also won't hurt. So do what you want. VJ is not the type of place where people frown upon overkill so 


Adjusting from TN to GC as spouse of USC

2015-11-23: Last TN received at CBP

2017-06-12: Married

2018-06-25: Mailed I-485, I-864, I-130/I-130A, and I-765 to USCIS

2018-07-24: Biometrics appointment

2018-08-28: Expedite request submitted for EAD via USCIS support line

2018-09-21: EAD and SSN received in the mail

2018-10-11: Case is ready to be scheduled for interview

2018-10-31: Interview is scheduled

2018-11-21: TN expired

2018-12-11: AOS Interview - approved 

2018-12-18: Green Card received

------------------

2020-12-11: Conditional green card expires 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mellamanlola said:

I put my aos packet together all done with copies from my local library and I’m ready to be scheduled for an interview, not one RFE, so I don’t think that was the problem, probably not legibl or not including a copy of the original and the translated version or translation attestation page, etc.

I have seen the picture of that RFE - a certified copy of marriage certificate has been required. 

I have also all copies from my printer, certified translation of my foreign documents but now afraid to send it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedroseMT said:

I have seen the picture of that RFE - a certified copy of marriage certificate has been required. 

I have also all copies from my printer, certified translation of my foreign documents but now afraid to send it. 

Make sure you sent the marriage certificate and not the license. I sent copies of my original foreign documents, the translated version and the attestation page from the translator. Send it with confidence and organized. I made a title page for each category of document, for example: “beneficiary information”; “petitioner information”. Go to the evidence section of each form and make a checklist of each evidence that pertains to you, put you file together and double and triple check before you send it again. Good luck 🍀👍🏽 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mellamanlola said:

Make sure you sent the marriage certificate and not the license. I sent copies of my original foreign documents, the translated version and the attestation page from the translator. Send it with confidence and organized. I made a title page for each category of document, for example: “beneficiary information”; “petitioner information”. Go to the evidence section of each form and make a checklist of each evidence that pertains to you, put you file together and double and triple check before you send it again. Good luck 🍀👍🏽 

I don’t dare to fill myself and will use one agency but will check if all good organized before sending . Yes of course I will not send marriage license. Have my translations and the attested page from the translator . 

Thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RedroseMT said:

Here is the  picture of RFE one lady from another forum has got according to the marriage certificate: 

9B077133-4897-4340-99C8-BB189D1EE213.jpeg

It doesn’t say that certificate must be original. Get a colored copy that is legible. Having an agency do it and STILL get RFE should tell tou something. Just be extremely detailed and do it yourself, save money and since you have all you originals you can handle your paperwork properly and in an organized matter. I did it all myself. This forum and YouTube were extremely helpful! You can definitely do it, if not make sure they do it right this time!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Mellamanlola said:

It doesn’t say that certificate must be original. Get a colored copy that is legible. Having an agency do it and STILL get RFE should tell tou something. Just be extremely detailed and do it yourself, save money and since you have all you originals you can handle your paperwork properly and in an organized matter. I did it all myself. This forum and YouTube were extremely helpful! You can definitely do it, if not make sure they do it right this time!!! 

This is not my RFE but someone else’s. And I don’t know if she did herself or not . 

I will control several times everything to be sure before sending. Anyway, no one could be 100% sure with USCIS. 

Thank you for your advice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...