lzmc92

Need help! CRBA and passport approved for child, waiting for K1 visa issuance. Need information

1 post in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello! I am currently waiting for my fiance visa and was not clear if they're gonna issue me a fiance visa already or if I need to go to another interview

Our story goes like this. I went to my fiance visa interview last December 6 at the US Embasssy in Manila, I was already having my interview then I mentioned that my fiance and I have a baby together, so the consul said that I should get a CRBA and passport for my child before we continue on with my interview. So the consul directed me to the releasing window and the staff there directed me on what to do, after directing me on what to do, he mentioned that if my child gets approved for a CRBA and passport, they will issue me a visa right away but if not then I would have to show them the notice that I got denied and we will continue on with the visa interview.

January 7, 2019 we had our CRBA and passport interview and was asked to send additional documents that my fiance has been living in the US for at least 5 years (they did not state that it has to be 5 years on the list of requirements they gave me), so after like a month of giving evidences and my fiance talking to the embassy to prove that he has lived for more than 5 years, we finally got approved on February.

A few days after the CRBA and passport got approved, a representative of the US Embassy (or visa center, I'm not really sure because I forgot to ask) said that I should send my passport to the Embassy for visa issuance. I know the representative said issuance because I asked how many days it would take to have my passport returned back to me after I send it, she just said as soon as I send them my passport, the sooner it will get returned. I sent my passport to them the next day and got a call the next day after that to confirm if I have sent them the passport already and they also asked for the tracking number so they can forward it to the consul, but the caller also said that it will be forwarded so that the consul can review my papers for the fiance visa.

So I'm really confused because I know they said that they'll issue me a visa right after my child gets approved for a CRBA and passport but then the last call I had said the consul will still review my papers. Has anyone had this same situation? Did they still require you to have another fiance interview or did they issue a fiance visa without interview after approval of the CRBA and passport (like one of the staff and the first call I had said). Please inform me because the waiting is killing me and my fiance 

Edited by lzmc92

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.