Jump to content
gurutogo

Is additional I-864 required for K2 under age 14?

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I had someone tell me that an additional I-864 needs to be completed (not a copy) for a K2 AOS but the child is under 14 and it states in the guide here https://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips

 

" I-864 - Affidavit of Support: K-2's don't require their own separate I-864 with supporting documents (tax returns, etc). Make sure they are listed in section 9 of the K-1's I-864, and provide a photocopy of the K-1's I-864 with the K2's paperwork"

 

Which is correct?

 

 

Edited by gurutogo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, gurutogo said:

I had someone tell me that an additional I-864 needs to be completed (not a copy) for a K2 AOS but the child is under 14 and it states in the guide here https://www.visajourney.com/content/k2-visa-adjustment-of-status-tips

 

" I-864 - Affidavit of Support: K-2's don't require their own separate I-864 with supporting documents (tax returns, etc). Make sure they are listed in section 9 of the K-1's I-864, and provide a photocopy of the K-1's I-864 with the K2's paperwork"

 

Which is correct?

 

 

The latter ie not "someone".

 

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/453689-i-864-and-k2-questions/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We only submitted one and had no issues.


K-1 + K-2:                                                                                                                                AOS from K-1 + K-2:

02/02/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX                                                                       08/25/16....AOS package mailed to Chicago, IL

02/03/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX                                                                               08/26/16....Delivered at Chicago, IL

02/08/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail. Case sent to CSC                                                         09/01/16....NOA1 Text & E-mail

02/12/16....NOA1 Hard copy received                                                                               09/09/16....NOA1 Hard copy received

03/24/16....NOA2 (45 days)                                                                                                 09/15/16....Bio-letter received for K-1/K-2 for Sep. 26th

03/29/16....NOA2 Hard copy received                                                                               09/19/16....Bio appointment done (Walk-in)

03/31/16....Medical                                                                                                              11/01/16.....EAD/AP approved

05/26/16....Interview                                                                                                            11/16/16.....EAD/AP card received

06/10/16....Visa in hand                                                                                                       03/08/17.....AOS Approved - No interview

06/21/16....POE Atlanta                                                                                                       03/15/17.....Green cards in hand

07/30/16....Wedding                                                                                                    

                                                                                                                                       

 

ROC from K-1 + K-2:

12/08/18....ROC window opens

12/13/18....I-751 mailed to Lewisville, TX

12/14/18....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

12/20/18....Text with case number. TX service center

12/24/18....NOA1/Extension letter received

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gurutogo said:

Thanks so the Tips is outdated then and needs to be updated? According to the thread you mentioned a new I-864 needs to be completed and submitted for the K2 or I may get an RFE? Much appreciate the help.  

No it doesnt say that. Not in the tips nor the link I posted. It says they are included on the K1s AOS I864. Read the post by DeeKayCee..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, K1visaHopeful said:

No it doesnt say that. Not in the tips nor the link I posted. It says they are included on the K1s AOS I864. Read the post by DeeKayCee..

So NikLR stated the following in my reply to another thread

 

"Either way EACH AOS needs it's own I-864 with the person the I-=864 is sponsoring as the principal immigrant on that I-864. 

Husband - I-864 named as principal immigrant, step son counted under dependents. 

stepson- - I 864 with step son named as principal immigrant, husband listed under married. "

 

So that is not correct then? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, gurutogo said:

So NikLR stated the following in my reply to another thread

 

"Either way EACH AOS needs it's own I-864 with the person the I-=864 is sponsoring as the principal immigrant on that I-864. 

Husband - I-864 named as principal immigrant, step son counted under dependents. 

stepson- - I 864 with step son named as principal immigrant, husband listed under married. "

 

So that is not correct then? 

Interesting. I may be completely wrong. And it may have changed but that has never been my understanding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...