Olga&Jared

Package 3 (Moscow)

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a Package 3 letter copy? I was wondering if its information differs from the one they have on their Moscow embassy website. 

Best,

Olga 

Timeline
On 2/17/2019 at 11:22 AM, Olga&Jared said:

Hey guys,

Does anyone have a Package 3 letter copy? I was wondering if its information differs from the one they have on their Moscow embassy website. 

Best,

Olga 

What is Package 3? When we applied noone had any packages. They don't send anything via regular mail, only e-mails. 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Olga&Jared said:

I actually made a mistake. It's called Package 4. And yes, it is an email they send after receiving a case from NVC

Is this what you need? 

I also had a really short automatic message that I couldn't find now. It was basically saying that you can schedule an interview now. That's it. 

fff.jpg

Timeline

That's what they call Package 3, a letter from NVC :) But if they don't send anything important from the embassy later then it's fine. Thank you! I filled in DS-160 and paid the fee, so I guess I should just wait for a green light when our case reaches Moscow. 

Timeline
On 2/19/2019 at 6:25 AM, LenaT said:

Is this what you need? 

I also had a really short automatic message that I couldn't find now. It was basically saying that you can schedule an interview now. That's it. 

fff.jpg

To clarify: the”short, automatic message” came after the embassy received the hard copy of your case?  It was the invitation to schedule?  So, we need to wait until we receive the “invitation” to start looking for appointments?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Mekulisch said:

To clarify: the”short, automatic message” came after the embassy received the hard copy of your case?  It was the invitation to schedule?  So, we need to wait until we receive the “invitation” to start looking for appointments?

Yes. I paid when we got NOA2 and was waiting until the NVC Ready. But the Ready stage has two dates: first, as I understand, when they send a file, the second, when the embassy receives it. There is no chance to schedule or even see open interview dates before the embassy receives the hard copy and lets you use the calendar. If you try to schedule the interview before they have a hard copy, you will simply see a notice on the website saying that your request was accepted, wait until the embassy confirms it. When they get your hard copy they will give you access to the calendar and send you a short message on your mail basically inviting you to schedule.

Edited by LenaT

Timeline

I received an email from the US Embassy in Moscow from the Immigrant visa unit. The body of the email contains basic personal information and the attached letter in both English and Russian is generic with no personal information. Since this letter we have had no contact from the embassy. As an aside, the NVC letter was received by my fiance in the mail about 35-40 days after I received it via email.

472280109_USEmbassyMoscowInvitation.JPG.09ddff15fe4c79f11965bcc37994d6ad.JPG

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, 

If you don't mind me asking - how long did it take to get the letter from the Embassy since "ready" status on CEAC website?

Thanks!

Elena

Edited by Helena_Siberia

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Helena_Siberia said:

Hello, 

If you don't mind me asking - how long did it take to get the letter from the Embassy since "ready" status on CEAC website?

Thanks!

Elena

I don't specifically remember when the CEAC website said ready, but I know it was 17 days from the time I received the email from the NVC until I receive the email from the Embassy and I know it said ready before that because I remember being confused about what exactly I do now. 😂

Hope that helps!

Timeline
18 hours ago, O&JForever said:

I don't specifically remember when the CEAC website said ready, but I know it was 17 days from the time I received the email from the NVC until I receive the email from the Embassy and I know it said ready before that because I remember being confused about what exactly I do now. 😂

Hope that helps!

Ouch! 17 days!  I figured once the hard copy was at the embassy it would only be a couple of days.  17 days will put us at March 7th before we can attempt to schedule the interview. Shoot 

Timeline
On 2/27/2019 at 10:56 AM, Mekulisch said:

Ouch! 17 days!  I figured once the hard copy was at the embassy it would only be a couple of days.  17 days will put us at March 7th before we can attempt to schedule the interview. Shoot 

We are at March 3rd and can totally relate to being inpatient waiting for the calendar to open

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Helena_Siberia said:

We are at March 3rd and can totally relate to being inpatient waiting for the calendar to open

Your interview is in March 3rd?  Good luck! 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mekulisch said:

Your interview is in March 3rd?  Good luck! 

I wish, but nope) the expected feedback from the Embassy, if counting 17 days, is on March 3rd.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.