Mr Trav

Living overseas while processing/income overseas question

2 posts in this topic

Hello All!

So I am just about at month 6 that I have gotten my NOA 1 for my Spousal Visa for my wife in the Philippines. I am currently working as a teacher in NM and living in company housing.

I end my job and my house and will leave here by June 1st---headed to Philippines. I also work online as a teacher for a China based company that also has an office in San Francisco. I got a W2 from them for tax reasons for my work. I am telling this because it is important.  I know that one needs a US based income for the visa application (which  I have with my day job at my school). 

I am thinking if she is NOT yet approved by June that I may stay there with her until she is...perhaps another 2-4 months or so. My income would be from my online teaching. (the company for information is VipKid).

I would have to change my address with USCIS to my family home back east.

Does anyone see any issues or problems with this? Again, this would just be if she was not approved by then. I am hearing July at the latest she would have her visa.

Thanks

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
On 2/16/2019 at 9:17 PM, teachertrav said:

Hello All!

So I am just about at month 6 that I have gotten my NOA 1 for my Spousal Visa for my wife in the Philippines. I am currently working as a teacher in NM and living in company housing.

I end my job and my house and will leave here by June 1st---headed to Philippines. I also work online as a teacher for a China based company that also has an office in San Francisco. I got a W2 from them for tax reasons for my work. I am telling this because it is important.  I know that one needs a US based income for the visa application (which  I have with my day job at my school). 

I am thinking if she is NOT yet approved by June that I may stay there with her until she is...perhaps another 2-4 months or so. My income would be from my online teaching. (the company for information is VipKid).

I would have to change my address with USCIS to my family home back east.

Does anyone see any issues or problems with this? Again, this would just be if she was not approved by then. I am hearing July at the latest she would have her visa.

Thanks

Your timing is way off.  If you are six months since filing the petition, in a 12 to 15 month process, do the math over again.  You need to qualify financially, at the time the affidavit of support is submitted.  Last year is the past.  You qualify based on current income, not 2018 income.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.