JK2019

Usps available pickup, Dallas PO box, I751

11 posts in this topic

Looking for feedback if any recent I-751 filers experienced delays with USPS to the Dallas PO box.  

USPS tracking says my package arrived to TX 75266 on Tuesday and available to pickup.  It's been two full days now and the status remains available to pickup.  Has anyone experienced this recently? If so, how long did it take for USCIS to pick up the package?  Searching other threads and forums, some people say they are supposed to pick up daily.  I don't know how long I can keep thinking tomorrow, maybe day after and so on.  Any feedback will be appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
1 hour ago, JK2019 said:

Looking for feedback if any recent I-751 filers experienced delays with USPS to the Dallas PO box.  

USPS tracking says my package arrived to TX 75266 on Tuesday and available to pickup.  It's been two full days now and the status remains available to pickup.  Has anyone experienced this recently? If so, how long did it take for USCIS to pick up the package?  Searching other threads and forums, some people say they are supposed to pick up daily.  I don't know how long I can keep thinking tomorrow, maybe day after and so on.  Any feedback will be appreciated.

The lockbox mailpieces are processed by contractors and are not picked up everyday.  They have a scheduled pick up, and sometimes USPS have a scheduled delivery to a processing center.  I would give it at least one full week before you start to get worried.

GBOS, thanks.  But I checked the tracking # this morning and it says "action needed: reschedule delivery today or package will be returned".  USPS is putting me on hold for an hour.  Not sure the outcome.  If it was delivered to a PO box, why would it need to reschedule delivery?  Was it the signature?  So frustrated.  

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JK2019 said:

GBOS, thanks.  But I checked the tracking # this morning and it says "action needed: reschedule delivery today or package will be returned".  USPS is putting me on hold for an hour.  Not sure the outcome.  If it was delivered to a PO box, why would it need to reschedule delivery?  Was it the signature?  So frustrated.  

That message is meant for the receiver, not you @JK2019.

USPS works closely with USCIS in the lockbox locations.  They won’t be the one rejecting the package.

But the longer I wait, the fewer days before the conditional GC expiry date.  USPS call still on hold.  Just terribly frustrated.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, JK2019 said:

But the longer I wait, the fewer days before the conditional GC expiry date.  USPS call still on hold.  Just terribly frustrated.

I understand, but the fact that you filed is a proof and by law (has long been settled in court) mailing is a proof that you have filed it, if it ever comes to that legal dispute.

Also - The 90-day filing rule is to help mitigate this issue.  In the mean time, until you receive your I-797, if your card expires, there is not much you can do.

1 minute ago, GBOS said:

I understand, but the fact that you filed is a proof and by law (has long been settled in court) mailing is a proof that you have filed it, if it ever comes to that legal dispute.

Also - The 90-day filing rule is to help mitigate this issue.  In the mean time, until you receive your I-797, if your card expires, there is not much you can do.

GBOS, appreciate your feedback.  I may try contacting the lockbox email later to see.  

48 minutes ago, GBOS said:

That message is meant for the receiver, not you @JK2019.

USPS works closely with USCIS in the lockbox locations.  They won’t be the one rejecting the package.

GBOS, you're correct.  Finally got off the phone with USPS, that message is indeed for the recipient.  The rep on phone suspected that the package was left behind because it was waiting for a signature or whoever supposed to pick up didn't go to sign for them.  Nothing to do except to wait.  If no one signs for it, it will be returned.  Didn't have this problem mailing the K1 or AOS.  Thanks for your feedback.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JK2019 said:

GBOS, you're correct.  Finally got off the phone with USPS, that message is indeed for the recipient.  The rep on phone suspected that the package was left behind because it was waiting for a signature or whoever supposed to pick up didn't go to sign for them.  Nothing to do except to wait.  If no one signs for it, it will be returned.  Didn't have this problem mailing the K1 or AOS.  Thanks for your feedback.

I am quite certain it has been picked up, but USPS didn’t have USCIS sign for it.

Both of them are known for their “competency”

On 2/15/2019 at 12:49 PM, GBOS said:

I am quite certain it has been picked up, but USPS didn’t have USCIS sign for it.

Both of them are known for their “competency”

Package was picked up...just that no one signed for it.  Received notification that the check was processed.  I can breathe easier now.  Thanks for the help!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.