Cultclassic92

Interview Checklist

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, I am putting together my documentation ready for my AOS interview on March 4th. I was wondering how people organised their paperwork, just to give a rough idea. Should all photos be put together with the rest of the documentation or in a separate folder? Me and the hubby have quite a lot of photos on top of our wedding photos.

I also have concerns since we are still residing at his mother's house, since I have only just managed to get employment due to the rural area we are in, but do have plans to save up and move to a different State. Would we just need to bring evidence of both our names at the address and maybe a letter from his mother as confirmation?

3 minutes ago, Cultclassic92 said:

Hey everyone, I am putting together my documentation ready for my AOS interview on March 4th. I was wondering how people organised their paperwork, just to give a rough idea. Should all photos be put together with the rest of the documentation or in a separate folder? Me and the hubby have quite a lot of photos on top of our wedding photos.

I also have concerns since we are still residing at his mother's house, since I have only just managed to get employment due to the rural area we are in, but do have plans to save up and move to a different State. Would we just need to bring evidence of both our names at the address and maybe a letter from his mother as confirmation?

I always advice to go a little light on the photos. Put them on an album. Do a reprsentation spreading out the duration of your relationship. The photos will not be the focus of the interview, but rather other documents that prove your relationship and your commmingling of assets, your bank statements, joints checkings, savings, insurance policies, .... 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Cultclassic92 said:

@USS_Voyageralready gave a lot of great tips on the evidence. Since you live with your mom, you could bring sworn affidavits from your parents and an explanation why you live with them, that all the bills are in their name etc (this should be written by your parents, not by you and it should be sworn) besides all the stuff mentioned above. I know someone who did this for ROC and got approved. 

Keep in mind that if you don't make the 125% or if you just started working, you should have a co-sponsor (if you didn't already filed an I-864 with a co-sponsor) 

Edited by C90

We don't have a co-sponsor, his mother could write something up to confirm we live there and that she pays the bills, we also pay her rent the first of every month. We calculated he makes enough for the income requirement and have an updated Affidavit of Support to show this. I start my new job on Monday and can most likely get confirmation of that through the agency I got the job through. We can also show our joint bank account and me under his insurance, as well as his past tax returns and W-2's for three years.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Cultclassic92 said:

We don't have a co-sponsor, his mother could write something up to confirm we live there and that she pays the bills, we also pay her rent the first of every month. We calculated he makes enough for the income requirement and have an updated Affidavit of Support to show this. I start my new job on Monday and can most likely get confirmation of that through the agency I got the job through. We can also show our joint bank account and me under his insurance, as well as his past tax returns and W-2's for three years.

Maybe someone else has more experience so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not sure just a statement would be enough. A sworn affidavit is notarized, see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affidavit. So that's something to keep in mind to get (I didn't do much research, what I'm writing is based on stories of friends who lived with in laws and had to go through this process)

Sorry, I read 'we are residing at my mothers house' instead of his mothers, that's why I mentioned co sponsor. But if he (the USC) def makes enough then no, you don't need a co sponsor :) 

Oh and congrats on your new job!

Edited by C90

:) No problem and thank you! We are collecting Affidavit's of Support from my brother's in law, my sister and his mother to put with our evidence as I am stressing that we don't have enough! Along with our bank statements from our joint account, I am under his medical insurance and have a gym membership. We could also include letters addressed to us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.