Junior19

Sputum culture result extended

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Junior19 said:

Does anyone experience called by st lukes as early as your due date? I was called by st lukes on the 3week of my culture and they said that they found some bacteria in my sputum but not tb. Does anyone experience it? They extend mu result for another week

I know of a few that have received that call from SLEC .. always adds a week or two to the wait.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Junior19 said:

Did they tell why they added additional week? Its my 5th week of culture now

No.   Just told them it was not TB  and they were going to add a week or so to watch the culture.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 hour ago, Junior19 said:

Why will they add another week of culture? It is possible for me to come back on the original date thay they gave me?

No.   Follow their instructions.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
1 minute ago, Junior19 said:

Im so nervous about that call it bothers me a lot. But they said its not tb. 

Don't stress on it .. they already confirmed it was not TB  .. but until they release the culture results you can not complete your medical.  Relax ...

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On 2/14/2019 at 5:18 AM, Junior19 said:

Does anyone experience called by st lukes as early as your due date? I was called by st lukes on the 3week of my culture and they said that they found some bacteria in my sputum but not tb. Does anyone experience it? They extend mu result for another week

I’ve been there. They extended 1 more week from my origninal date. I went there on the date they told me and continued my medical wc was the immunization/vaccines. Just please be patient. We cannot say no and follow their instructions. As long as they told you it was not TB, everthing is good for you. Just wait 😊 

Edited by Dimpna

On 2/20/2019 at 5:25 AM, gwapo said:

@Dimpna, did they explain what kind of bacteria grew on your culture? thanks... 

They didn’t explain what bacteria grew up in the culture. They just indicate the results of my sputum culture as 2 negatives for the 2 tubes and 1 NTM (NonTuberculous Mycobacteria) for the 1 tube. But don’t worry, as long as the bacteria is non TB, you are safe. Just sucks! Coz you need to wait another week for that. Patience is a virtue 😊 I’m sure there are some bacteria growing up on our mouth due to food intake. So i’m sure that was it. 

Edited by Dimpna

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.