JWaiver_2019

2019 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE - New Applicants

2,060 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
34 minutes ago, KKR said:

UPDATE 2: Finally, I have received USCIS I-797 Notice of Action (Waiver).

Thank you all forum members for posting their timelines and tips.

Congrats!!!!!! 

Waiting for my case number from USCIS

Department of State Advisory Opinion Finding: Favorable Recommendation

Item Action Date
Recommendation Sent August, 23 2019
No Objection Statement Received August, 05 2019
Fee Received June, 11 2019
Form DS-3035 Received June, 11 2019
Form DS-2019 Received June, 11 2019
Passport Data Page Received June, 11 2019
Statement Of Reason Received June, 11 2019

Filed: Other Country: Guatemala
Timeline

has anyone recently received their receipt number by USCIS? It's been almost a month and they can't find my file.

Fav recommendation by DOS 07/29/2019

Already sent two emails to Vermont center and DOS, no response yet. this is the email I used: vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

31 minutes ago, mibarillas said:

has anyone recently received their receipt number by USCIS? It's been almost a month and they can't find my file.

Fav recommendation by DOS 07/29/2019

Already sent two emails to Vermont center and DOS, no response yet. this is the email I used: vsc.ncscfollowup@dhs.gov

How do you know it went to Vermont center? My favorable recommendation was on 16th and I too haven’t received any letter from either DoS or USCIS. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Tulip987 said:

How do you know it went to Vermont center? My favorable recommendation was on 16th and I too haven’t received any letter from either DoS or USCIS. 

USCIS page says that non-objection are Vermont, most commonly

https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

image.png.ec30d2bcc281aedfb24b551544564a98.png

I'll keep you updated of my case if it helps... just called nothing yet

Edited by mibarillas

Guys I am really concerned about my Waiver...

My no objection letter was updated in May 22 and till now (August 27) I still don't have the recommendation! I e-mail them and they just said the timeline now is 12-16 weeks so I should be patient but I'm seeing here people receiving it. I am just so sad and anxious about it

Timeline
1 hour ago, Giselle Jones said:

My no objection letter was updated in May 22 and till now (August 27) I still don't have the recommendation! I e-mail them and they just said the timeline now is 12-16 weeks so I should be patient but I'm seeing here people receiving it. I am just so sad and anxious about it

you could email them and explain your case, that's what I did in my case my program had already started.

Hopefully it will work

2 hours ago, Giselle Jones said:

16 weeks is 3ish months and it's been 3 months so email them again (u still have couple more weeks before 16weeks but it makes no sense to take this long unless you have government funding).

Edited by eliottreid

Timeline
7 hours ago, eliottreid said:

16 weeks is 3ish months and it's been 3 months so email them again (u still have couple more weeks before 16weeks but it makes no sense to take this long unless you have government funding).

Just for clarification,  after your no objection statement is received am I to understand that it will take 12-16 to get a recommendation? 

My NOS was recieved july 7 and I am already losing my mind.

Timeline
2 hours ago, eliottreid said:

Yes. Some people get it in 2. Go figure their logic lol

I have read every message in this forum and as far I can see there is no logics. I guess its a waiting game. Sigh

Hey guys, 

Like it is said on this platform. I want to give account of my timeline and status and also ask questions.

So I sent my package to DoS in Missouri on  August 5 and it was delivered the next day and the fee was cashed on August 8. And just this evening, I got a status update which I have attached.

But I have this questions.

My NOS was sent electronically on August 8th by my embassy and I was even copied the NOS. Is it normal that they did not update it with my current status? Or do I need to contact my embassy to send another document.

Secondly, I saw this line on my status that says "DOS Case File Number", I have not seen something like this on any status posted. Please what does this mean?

So I will keep my hands cross, but really, I am very anxious and apprehensive. 

Thanks guys.

status august 28.jpg

19 minutes ago, Abayomi said:

Hey guys, 

Like it is said on this platform. I want to give account of my timeline and status and also ask questions.

So I sent my package to DoS in Missouri on  August 5 and it was delivered the next day and the fee was cashed on August 8. And just this evening, I got a status update which I have attached.

But I have this questions.

My NOS was sent electronically on August 8th by my embassy and I was even copied the NOS. Is it normal that they did not update it with my current status? Or do I need to contact my embassy to send another document.

Secondly, I saw this line on my status that says "DOS Case File Number", I have not seen something like this on any status posted. Please what does this mean?

So I will keep my hands cross, but really, I am very anxious and apprehensive. 

Thanks guys.

status august 28.jpg

Guys please,

I need answers on my post. I am going crazy on this. It shows "DOS Case File Number: Sent" What does this mean and where did they send it to.

Urgent answers pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.