Jump to content
Nnnnnn

Visa interview

7 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi all, me nd my fiancé are having some difficulties at the moment and decided to not continue at this time with our application until things are better. We have been approved for our 129f, I’ve had my medical and the next stage would be for me to have my interview at the London embassy. They sent me a letter that we have 60 days to inform them if we want to continue with the process. My question is, if we stop at this point and then decide in a couple months to put in a new application would we need to wait a period of time or will it even be considered if we’ve not continued with this first process? I’ve not booked my interview yet and not sure if their timeframe would be extended? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nnnnnn said:

Hi all, me nd my fiancé are having some difficulties at the moment and decided to not continue at this time with our application until things are better. We have been approved for our 129f, I’ve had my medical and the next stage would be for me to have my interview at the London embassy. They sent me a letter that we have 60 days to inform them if we want to continue with the process. My question is, if we stop at this point and then decide in a couple months to put in a new application would we need to wait a period of time or will it even be considered if we’ve not continued with this first process? I’ve not booked my interview yet and not sure if their timeframe would be extended? 

You could ask the consulate to extend your NOA2, I believe they can do this twice (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) which buys you an extra 8 months. You would need to re-do the medical. You won't need to wait a period of time to apply again if you abandon it, but it's best to let the consulate know that you are discontinuing the K1 visa if you choose to do that.


event.png

 

K1 Timeline

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nnnnnn said:

Thankyou. Don’t suppose you know how long that period of time is? I can’t find any information about it.

If you ask them to extend it they give you another 4 months.


event.png

 

K1 Timeline

07/23/2018    I-129F sent

07/25/2018    NOA1 email notification

07/30/2018    NOA1 hard copy

12/21/2018    NOA2 hard copy

01/10/2019    NVC Case # assigned

01/22/2019    Left NVC

01/29/2019    Embassy received

01/29/2019    Pkt 3 sent

02/01/2019    Pkt 4 received

02/13/2019    Medical

03/26/2019    Interview

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Nnnnnn said:

Hi all, me nd my fiancé are having some difficulties at the moment and decided to not continue at this time with our application until things are better. We have been approved for our 129f, I’ve had my medical and the next stage would be for me to have my interview at the London embassy. They sent me a letter that we have 60 days to inform them if we want to continue with the process. My question is, if we stop at this point and then decide in a couple months to put in a new application would we need to wait a period of time or will it even be considered if we’ve not continued with this first process? I’ve not booked my interview yet and not sure if their timeframe would be extended? 

I am sorry that you & your fiancé are having some problems.  The two of you have gone through a challenging journey together & managed to get approved through USCIS.  It depends on what the problems are & the severity.  It doesn't sound as though you are ready to split up for good.  Communication is key to a successful relationship.  My suggestion is to take the advice Ethan & Shannon gave you.  Get extension on your NOA2.  I believe 4 months will give you guys a chance to cool down & re-consider the issues you are having & maybe you will be able to resolve them.  From the way I understand things here on VJ, you can get another extension also after that.  Think about what brought the 2 of you together & the good qualities you find in each other.  Best wishes to you with hugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nnnnnn said:

Hi all, me nd my fiancé are having some difficulties at the moment and decided to not continue at this time with our application until things are better. We have been approved for our 129f, I’ve had my medical and the next stage would be for me to have my interview at the London embassy. They sent me a letter that we have 60 days to inform them if we want to continue with the process. My question is, if we stop at this point and then decide in a couple months to put in a new application would we need to wait a period of time or will it even be considered if we’ve not continued with this first process? I’ve not booked my interview yet and not sure if their timeframe would be extended? 

I think you are using good judgement here. There was a couple here on VJ recently who had an argument.  In haste, she sent an email to the embassy to withdraw the I-129f.  Within an hour, they decided that the withdrawal was a mistake. She then sent another email in an attempt to explain the "mistake". That action caused them a great deal confusion as to what actions the embassy took.  Remember that if you officially withdraw at some point, you will have to start from the beginning.  I have read that withdrawals can not be retracted.  My advice is to think carefully about what you want to do in the future....good luck.


"Experience can be a tough teacher to those who fail to heed good advice"- Missileman, 12/6/18

"Only a fool would fail to heed the advice of someone who has walked in his shoes"- Missileman, 2/8/19

"What I am to be, I am NOW becoming"- Benjamin Franklin

First career- 20 year Retired E-8, USAF Missileer,

Second career-Retired Registered Nurse, experience in Labor& Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent & Adult Psych

Third career-Retired IT Developer & Database Administrator for surgical services dept.

 

Immigration Journey:

  • Texas Service Center after transfer from Nebraska
  • Consulate :Taipei, Taiwan
  • Marriage: 7/30/2015
  • I-130 NOA1 : 4/27/2016
  • I-130 Approved :9/8/2016
  • Case received at NVC: 10/11/2016                               
  • Case # and IIN#: 10/24/2016
  • AOS Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • AOS Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • IV Fee Invoiced:10/24/2016  
  • IV Fee Paid:10/25/2016
  • DS-260 Completed: 10/28/16
  • Scan Date:11/9/2016
  • Supervisor review: 12/21/16 
  • Checklist: 1/13/17 
  • Case Complete: 4/10/17
  • Interview Date: 5/8/17 
  • Visa  "ISSUED": 5/10/17
  • Visa and Passport in hand/Flight to USA Booked!!!: 5/12/17  
  • POE Dallas DFW on June 22, 2017
  • SS Card received : 7/3/2017
  • 2-year Green Card received in mail: 7/15/17
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×