Drummerboy

Medical Examination.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi to all, I hope someone can help, I'm confused as to the Embassy website. I recieved a letter from the NVC in New Hampshire stating mine and my Fiancée's application/petition had been sent to the U.S. Embassy in London I then recieved a letter from the Embassy in London stating they had recieved an approved petition in support of our fiance(e) visa application and gave me a website to go on to for detailed instructions on applying, well I went on and applied for my visa by doingthe DS-160 online application form, I completed this and printed out the confirmation page but what happens now ??  Does the Embassy recieve an electronic copy of my DS-160 and then send me out an appointment letter for making a booking for my medical examination or do I just go on to the website and ring the number myself given to make an appointment and book my medical exam myself ?? I'm just confused and a little bit in limbo as there was nothing stated along those lines when I printed out my DS-160 confirmation page. Am I to just wait and expect a letter through the post or can I just go onto the website given and click the section regarding medical examination and ring the telephone number given in order to book my medical exam as from anytime now ?? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards:

Hi!!

For London you have to book the medical and the interview yourself. The medical i believe you can book by ringing up knightsbridge. Once you have a medical appointment date and since you completed the DS160 online you would be good to go to book the visa appointment at the embassy as well. The booking for this is online and if i remember correctly they mailed my husband instructions on how to sign up etc. Just make sure you book your embassy appointment at least 7-8 business days after the medical. They recommend 5 business days (which we did) and my husband's medical hadn't arrived yet. You can still do the interview without it but it's better for them to have it.

K-1 VISA

I129F Sent: 08/23/2017

NOA 1: 08/25/2017

NOA 2: 02/27/2018

NVC Received: 03/14/2018

NVC Case #: 03/15/2018

NVC Left: 03/24/2018

Embassy Received: 03/28/2018

Medical: 05/08/2018

Interview: 05/15/2018 

Visa issued: 05/18/2018

Visa received: 05/23/2018 

AOS

POE: 06/07/2018

SSN applied: 06/12/2018

SSN received: 06/28/2018

AOS Sent: 07/27/2018

Biometrics: 08/23/2018

Interview: 10/30/2018

Approval: 10/30/2018 

NOA2: 11/05/2018

Green card Received: 11/08/2018

NO MORE USCIS UNTIL ROC!!!!!😁

Timeline
56 minutes ago, K & R said:

Hi!!

For London you have to book the medical and the interview yourself. The medical i believe you can book by ringing up knightsbridge. Once you have a medical appointment date and since you completed the DS160 online you would be good to go to book the visa appointment at the embassy as well. The booking for this is online and if i remember correctly they mailed my husband instructions on how to sign up etc. Just make sure you book your embassy appointment at least 7-8 business days after the medical. They recommend 5 business days (which we did) and my husband's medical hadn't arrived yet. You can still do the interview without it but it's better for them to have it.

Thank you for your reply 😀

I followed the official London Embassy website for the next steps when we were going through my K1

(ignore the part about the embassy scheduling your interview, K1 fiancé visas have to book that themselves)

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/medical-examination/

Edited by Meisha&Jake

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
1 hour ago, Drummerboy said:

Hi to all, I hope someone can help, I'm confused as to the Embassy website. I recieved a letter from the NVC in New Hampshire stating mine and my Fiancée's application/petition had been sent to the U.S. Embassy in London I then recieved a letter from the Embassy in London stating they had recieved an approved petition in support of our fiance(e) visa application and gave me a website to go on to for detailed instructions on applying, well I went on and applied for my visa by doingthe DS-160 online application form, I completed this and printed out the confirmation page but what happens now ??  Does the Embassy recieve an electronic copy of my DS-160 and then send me out an appointment letter for making a booking for my medical examination or do I just go on to the website and ring the number myself given to make an appointment and book my medical exam myself ?? I'm just confused and a little bit in limbo as there was nothing stated along those lines when I printed out my DS-160 confirmation page. Am I to just wait and expect a letter through the post or can I just go onto the website given and click the section regarding medical examination and ring the telephone number given in order to book my medical exam as from anytime now ?? Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Kind Regards:

Is this the page you looked at? https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Scroll down and find the four steps and read the details of each one. You have done Step 1. Open the others to see what else you need to do. Then get specific information from those links numbered 1-6 at the top of tha page. 

Here's what you're looking for-----

IMG_1700.thumb.PNG.4adb4acabe471b16a08fd1c453fb7299.PNG

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

I followed the official London Embassy website for the next steps when we were going through my K1

(ignore the part about the embassy scheduling your interview, K1 fiancé visas have to book that themselves)

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/family-immigration/medical-examination/

Ok thanks for your help

Timeline
15 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Is this the page you looked at? https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/

Scroll down and find the four steps and read the details of each one. You have done Step 1. Open the others to see what else you need to do. Then get specific information from those links numbered 1-6 at the top of tha page. 

Here's what you're looking for-----

IMG_1700.thumb.PNG.4adb4acabe471b16a08fd1c453fb7299.PNG

Yes that's the page I looked at. The website you put above is what they put in letter from Embassy saying they recieved our approved petition. I have completed DS-160 and I think I have all the documents I need for the medical exam, I have filled out the medical questionnaire etc, and for scheduling it gives a numberto ring to book your medical exam it's just the bit underneath that I feel is conflicting information where it says dont schedule an appointment till you receive an appointment letter from NVC, the only letter I have from NVC and that was from the NVC in New Hampshire stating our application/petition was being sent to the US Embassy in London. I guess I just have to get on the website and ring that number as from anytime now. I thought I had to wait for notification from embassy telling me when to book the medical exam ie a letter stating when through the post, but I guess not it's just up to me when I'm ready to book by ringing the number given. Thanks for your help though.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Drummerboy said:

Yes that's the page I looked at. The website you put above is what they put in letter from Embassy saying they recieved our approved petition. I have completed DS-160 and I think I have all the documents I need for the medical exam, I have filled out the medical questionnaire etc, and for scheduling it gives a numberto ring to book your medical exam it's just the bit underneath that I feel is conflicting information where it says dont schedule an appointment till you receive an appointment letter from NVC, the only letter I have from NVC and that was from the NVC in New Hampshire stating our application/petition was being sent to the US Embassy in London. I guess I just have to get on the website and ring that number as from anytime now. I thought I had to wait for notification from embassy telling me when to book the medical exam ie a letter stating when through the post, but I guess not it's just up to me when I'm ready to book by ringing the number given. Thanks for your help though.

The spouse visa people get an interview appointment from NVC so yes conflicting because that is written to spouse IR1/CR1. You got the instruction packet from the embassy and that's all you will get in the mail. Carry on with calling to get a medical appointment. Then follow Step 4 for booking the interview.  Anything that says "bring your appointment letter" (from the medical people) is written to IR1/CR1s who will have an appointment letter before. You just provide that letter of instruction from the embassy so they can verify your LNDxxxxxxxx new case number. 

Oh, forgot to say...leave 2 weeks between medical and interview. It is now taking longer than they say. That 5 days is 2017 and it doesn't happen that fast anymore.

Edited by Wuozopo

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

The spouse visa people get an interview appointment from NVC so yes conflicting because that is written to spouse IR1/CR1. You got the instruction packet from the embassy and that's all you will get in the mail. Carry on with calling to get a medical appointment. Then follow Step 4 for booking the interview.  Anything that says "bring your appointment letter" (from the medical people) is written to IR1/CR1s who will have an appointment letter before. You just provide that letter of instruction from the embassy so they can verify your LNDxxxxxxxx new case number. 

Oh, forgot to say...leave 2 weeks between medical and interview. It is now taking longer than they say. That 5 days is 2017 and it doesn't happen that fast anymore.

Ok thank you very much for your help, I thought that bit about a letter from NVC was conflicting information. Thank you again for all of your help 👍🏻

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.