bigjuniper

DS160 & Interview Schedule Question - Passport for K-2?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancée is ready to pay for the 2 DS160's at BPI (one for her K-1, one for her child's K-2), however we don't have her child's passport in hand, as it will arrive next week.

It seems as if BPI (based on a visit there this afternoon) will allow her to put HER passport (parent) in for the DS160, and then fill in "pending" in the box on the online form used to schedule the interview. Is this OK or should we wait until we have the child's passport in hand?

Obviously I'm anxious to get an interview scheduled, so I was hoping to do it this way. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 hours ago, bigjuniper said:

My fiancée is ready to pay for the 2 DS160's at BPI (one for her K-1, one for her child's K-2), however we don't have her child's passport in hand, as it will arrive next week.

It seems as if BPI (based on a visit there this afternoon) will allow her to put HER passport (parent) in for the DS160, and then fill in "pending" in the box on the online form used to schedule the interview. Is this OK or should we wait until we have the child's passport in hand?

Obviously I'm anxious to get an interview scheduled, so I was hoping to do it this way. Thanks in advance for your replies.

There is not a fee with the DS-160.  You pay the visa fee at BPI.     You complete a DS-160 for each applicant (you and the child)

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/visa-payment.html

You need the child's passport to schedule her interview  ...  S-L-O-W down.

When scheduling the interview, you first schedule the parent, then when that is complete the system will ask if you want to schedule another interview .. at that time you schedule the K2

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/scheduling-interview.html

http://www.visaconnection-philippines.com/k-1-visa-application.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
34 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You need the child's passport to schedule her interview  ...  S-L-O-W down.

Are you saying: I need the child's passport to schedule the CHILD'S interview, or THE FIANCEE'S interview.

I'll restate my question: are passport #'s required to pay the Visa fee at BPI. Didn't get a clear answer from BPI.

Timeline
1 hour ago, bigjuniper said:

Are you saying: I need the child's passport to schedule the CHILD'S interview, or THE FIANCEE'S interview.

I'll restate my question: are passport #'s required to pay the Visa fee at BPI. Didn't get a clear answer from BPI.

No .. passports are not need to pay the visa fees at BPI .. only need two deposits slips printed from the USTRAVELDOCS website.

You schedule BOTH interviews at the same time ... so YES you need BOTH passports 

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks for the help and the quick responses. I have followup questions.

8 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

No .. passports are not need to pay the visa fees at BPI .. only need two deposits slips printed from the USTRAVELDOCS website. 

FYI, I (poster/OP) am the US Petitioner. My fiancee is the Filipina Beneficiary, and she doesn't post here. She told me that when she went to BPI  with her 2 deposit slips to pay her Visa fee, BPI asked for her passport number, and then asked for her child's, which we don't have yet. They suggested just filling in HER passport number there. She was unsure at this point, so she texted me, and I said don't make the Visa fee payments today, lemme research this.

So, you're saying no passports needed. When she returns, if BPI asks for the passport numbers, she should tell them "those aren't needed, just take the payments with these deposit slips" (and get the names correct). Is that correct?

8 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

You schedule BOTH interviews at the same time ... so YES you need BOTH passports 

OK, I was hoping to schedule interview now, before we have child's (K-2) passport in hand, by filling in "pending" in the space for the child's passport number on the scheduling website. But if you're sure that the scheduling tool requires the child's passport we'll have to schedule after we have the passport in hand (it's being picked up next week).

Timeline
8 minutes ago, bigjuniper said:

Thanks for the help and the quick responses. I have followup questions.

FYI, I (poster/OP) am the US Petitioner. My fiancee is the Filipina Beneficiary, and she doesn't post here. She told me that when she went to BPI  with her 2 deposit slips to pay her Visa fee, BPI asked for her passport number, and then asked for her child's, which we don't have yet. They suggested just filling in HER passport number there. She was unsure at this point, so she texted me, and I said don't make the Visa fee payments today, lemme research this.

So, you're saying no passports needed. When she returns, if BPI asks for the passport numbers, she should tell them "those aren't needed, just take the payments with these deposit slips" (and get the names correct). Is that correct?

OK, I was hoping to schedule interview now, before we have child's (K-2) passport in hand, by filling in "pending" in the space for the child's passport number on the scheduling website. But if you're sure that the scheduling tool requires the child's passport we'll have to schedule after we have the passport in hand (it's being picked up next week).

I was aware you, the petitioner, were posting, you can take "you" in a general since .. ;)  

From the USTRAVELDOCS website (within the links to the guide I gave you earlier  ^^), as you will note there is NO mention of needing to present the passport, I would say the person at BPI is adding "their own requirements":

Fee Payment Options

Cash at Bank

You can pay your nonimmigrant visa application fee with cash at any Bank of Philippine Islands. Before going to the bank, you must print the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip available below on this page. Take the printed deposit slip with you to pay your fee.

DO NOT print multiple copies of the same deposit slip. You must have a unique deposit slip for each transaction.

If you print a deposit slip in advance of the day in which you plan to make your payment, please take note of the expiration date on the deposit slip. If the expiration date passes prior to using the slip to make your payment, simply return to this site and re-click the appropriate link below to generate a new deposit slip. Bank agents will NOT accept payments based on expired deposit slips. Upon receiving of your payment, bank will issue you a receipt. Save your receipt. It cannot be replaced if it is lost. You will not be able to schedule an appointment without your receipt number.

http://ustraveldocs.com/ph/ph-niv-paymentinfo.asp

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.