Nubiaa

Saudi Arabia consulate k1 visa

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

Hello I wanted to know if anybody went through the Saudi Arabian consulate and can tell me about their experience. Is it a tough embassy ? Does it take time to get an interview scheduled ? My fiancé is a Pakistani national who resides in Saudi his whole life. What can we expect? 

They will send a notice with steps to take and documents to gather. Once that is submitted to Riyadh, it's typically a little over a month or so before they will interview.

My now-wife started the process in KSA but transferred to Manila due to her work contract expiring, so she didn't interview there. But everything I've heard is that they are pretty fair. Not easy/strict, but not nearly as difficult as Islamabad either.

I've heard of generally short to moderate AP after the interview (unlike the months of background checks common with Pakistan).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline
1 hour ago, geowrian said:

They will send a notice with steps to take and documents to gather. Once that is submitted to Riyadh, it's typically a little over a month or so before they will interview.

My now-wife started the process in KSA but transferred to Manila due to her work contract expiring, so she didn't interview there. But everything I've heard is that they are pretty fair. Not easy/strict, but not nearly as difficult as Islamabad either.

I've heard of generally short to moderate AP after the interview (unlike the months of background checks common with Pakistan).

Thank you so much for replying ! We were both pretty nervous but this made me a little ease !

• 1 month later...
On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:09 PM, Nubiaa said:

Hello I wanted to know if anybody went through the Saudi Arabian consulate and can tell me about their experience. Is it a tough embassy ? Does it take time to get an interview scheduled ? My fiancé is a Pakistani national who resides in Saudi his whole life. What can we expect? 

Here is what you will need for the interview - P3 letter. There is additional information both on travel.state.gov and Embassy Reviews here on VJ. I hope this calms your nerves somewhat.

Saudi Arabia P3 letter

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/saudi-arabia/231771/public/k1packet_001.pdf

Additional information for K-1

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

Embassy Reviews - Good source of information and what to expect

Saudi Arabia Embassy Reviews on VJ

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
4 hours ago, Greenbaum said:

Here is what you will need for the interview - P3 letter. There is additional information both on travel.state.gov and Embassy Reviews here on VJ. I hope this calms your nerves somewhat.

Saudi Arabia P3 letter

https://photos.state.gov/libraries/saudi-arabia/231771/public/k1packet_001.pdf

Additional information for K-1

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

Embassy Reviews - Good source of information and what to expect

Saudi Arabia Embassy Reviews on VJ

Thank you so much! It’s been 3 days sense they received our case but they still haven’t sent packet 3. Is this normal? 

Timeline
5 hours ago, greendave said:

Hi. your fiancee had interviewed already?

No he hadn’t. We’re current collecting all the required documents. Can you tell me a little bit about your experience with the embassy and how you’re interview went? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sharing the things that I did and my personal experience with the U.S Embassy in Saudi Arabia 2017.

It took about a little over 3 weeks for them to send me an interview schedule for my K1 visa application after they received my DS160 through their recommended courier, SMSA.

Interview day:

Cellphones and any liquid products are prohibited inside the consulate. Not sure if there are any lockers to put in your personal belongings like phones but I didn't notice any. They did not even allow me to bring my tiny bottle of hand sanitizer. 

She will be given a number at the reception. There will be two interviews.

1. The first one I think is just a screening. The gentleman at the window took all the documents that I brought that was listed in Packet 3 and ask me a few questions. Like where did we meet, how many years I have known my fiance, and if we have met in person and number of times he visited me. He was more thorough with the documents that I brought than the questions.  Then I was asked to go back to my seat and wait for the next call.
  2. Second interview. This is with the consul who will decide on the case. I was asked the same question that I was previously asked with some additions, like how many siblings does my fiance have and what are their jobs and how long did he stay in my country for a visit etc... no questions out of the ordinary that one cannot answer who's in a bonafide relationship.

The only hurdle I have encountered is the affidavit of support I-864. My then fiance, now husband doesn't have tax return in the past 3 years and he doesn't have a job at that time. Although I thought that his bank statement and other things that I showed shows that he can support me are enough but this was not the case for the consul (I think they are following a Federal Poverty Guideline for it ) and he still wanted tax return. I was asked that my fiance get a joint sponsor before he approved my visa. (I was already teary-eyed and very sad at this point)

Having said that I still wanted to prove and convince him that I will not be a public charged when I arrived in the U.S, hence, I told him that I am a licensed Registered Nurse in the U.S and showed him my  U.S  nursing license and certificate  and that I can apply for a job as soon as I get my EAD. He then asks me a few questions about it and then decided to approve my visa. What a relief! I was so happy the whole day like nothing else matter. ☺️

Just make sure your fiancee have all the necessary documents listed in Packet 3, and that the documents you submitted along with the I-864 are complete.

Best of luck!!! 😊

Edited by RJW

Timeline
On 3/12/2019 at 11:08 PM, Nubiaa said:

No he hadn’t. We’re current collecting all the required documents. Can you tell me a little bit about your experience with the embassy and how you’re interview went? 

it was a smooth interview except for the waiting period, they will also accomodate  customers/applicants/ visitors with different purposes of coming.anyways they would mostly asked what was written on i129f, which includes petitioners& beneficiary's information, beneficiary must know the petitioners address. they also asked the circumstances of meeting, where? when?& how? they would ask for evidence you can provide  photos together with fam& friends, boarding passes, receipts, chatlogs, dont forget the affidavit of support, W2 for the past 3 years is better, bring also the requirements that was mentioned on k1 packet: police clearance with english translation,  passport, copy of petitioners passport ,birth certificate, if possible bring extra 2x2 or visa size photo. Goodluck on your interview

Edited by greendave

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

After you mailed the ds160 confirmation page along with the other documents, pay the visa interview, and received an email stating your MRV receipt number has been activated, U.S Embassy will e-mail the interview appointment letter to the e-mail address that you used when you filled out the ds160. I received mine 2 weeks after my MRV receipt has been activated.

Should you have any other concern with the upcoming interview, schedule, or wants to confirm if they received the ds160 confirmation page that you mailed them, you can always email the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh (RiyadhIV@state.gov). It usually takes 3-5 business days for them to reply but they do answer questions, just make sure you include your case number, ds160 confirmation page number (if any), petitioners name, and beneficiaries name in your e-mail.

Good luck.🙂

Timeline
11 hours ago, RJW said:

After you mailed the ds160 confirmation page along with the other documents, pay the visa interview, and received an email stating your MRV receipt number has been activated, U.S Embassy will e-mail the interview appointment letter to the e-mail address that you used when you filled out the ds160. I received mine 2 weeks after my MRV receipt has been activated.

Should you have any other concern with the upcoming interview, schedule, or wants to confirm if they received the ds160 confirmation page that you mailed them, you can always email the U.S. Embassy in Riyadh (RiyadhIV@state.gov). It usually takes 3-5 business days for them to reply but they do answer questions, just make sure you include your case number, ds160 confirmation page number (if any), petitioners name, and beneficiaries name in your e-mail.

Good luck.🙂

Thank you so much for all the help 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.