PinayNurse23

K1 visa Holder Taking NCLEX RN in California

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, need your help.

I took my BSN in Philippines and had my RN license there. I am now in California and hopefully will be eligible to take Nclex. Now im not quite sure if I can use my Philippine passport as my IDENTIFICATION CARD in the testing center as i dont have my Cali ID.

Thanks.

33 minutes ago, PinayNurse23 said:

Hi guys, need your help.

I took my BSN in Philippines and had my RN license there. I am now in California and hopefully will be eligible to take Nclex. Now im not quite sure if I can use my Philippine passport as my IDENTIFICATION CARD in the testing center as i dont have my Cali ID.

Thanks.

The best information you will find on acceptable forms of ID at the testing center will be on the California state board of nursing's website.

• 5 months later...

PinaayNurse23,  As of Feb 2019,  you were hoping to be allowed to take the Calif NCLEX.  I hope you were allowed to take the exam.

May I ask a couple questions?  

1)  did the BON ultimately allow you to take the exam ?

2) and what school did you graduate from?

Apparently in the last couple years,  the Calif BON has been allowing some graduates of Philippine nursing  schools to take the NCLEX. 

E.g. an acquaintance with a recent nursing degree from Saint Louis University ( Bagio) was allowed to take the Calif NCLEX in 2018. 

Supposedly, several years ago,  representatives of St Louis Univ met with the Calif BON and obtained some kind of approval by the BON.

Does anyone know what the overall situation is graduates of Philippine nursing schools taking the NCLEX in Calif currently ?

Are many being allowed to take the exam in Calif now ?

Is approval by the BON on a school by school basis ?

Timeline
20 minutes ago, AmericanLVN said:

PinaayNurse23,  As of Feb 2019,  you were hoping to be allowed to take the Calif NCLEX.  I hope you were allowed to take the exam.

May I ask a couple questions?  

1)  did the BON ultimately allow you to take the exam ?

2) and what school did you graduate from?

Apparently in the last couple years,  the Calif BON has been allowing some graduates of Philippine nursing  schools to take the NCLEX. 

E.g. an acquaintance with a recent nursing degree from Saint Louis University ( Bagio) was allowed to take the Calif NCLEX in 2018. 

Supposedly, several years ago,  representatives of St Louis Univ met with the Calif BON and obtained some kind of approval by the BON.

Does anyone know what the overall situation is graduates of Philippine nursing schools taking the NCLEX in Calif currently ?

Are many being allowed to take the exam in Calif now ?

Is approval by the BON on a school by school basis ?

Hi There, 

Yes I got my eligibility to NClex Cali last March 2019, and took it the following month ,April 2019.

I graduated in Olivarez College Tagaytay last 2016. 

The whole application process took 3 months.

Thank you for your response.  It's very helpful.

So you took the NCLEX in April. I hope you passed.

1) when you applied with the Calif BON for NCLEX,  did you already know in advance that a degree from Olivarez would be accepted?

2) and if so, how did you determine that.

You're likely aware that prior to 2012,  it was easy graduates of Philippine schools to get a Calif license.

But then the regulations changed and  Philippine degrees were no longer acceptable;

don't know if it was all or most degrees from Philippine schools were not acceptable in CA.

Again, PinayNurse23, do you (or anyone reading this) know what the overall situation currently is for Philippine graduates to be eligible in CA now ?

Is it on a school by school basis ?  Do you know which Philippine schools are acceptable to CA BON now?  Most schools ?  Many schools ?  Or just a few schools?

I'm considering  Angles Univ Foundation (in Angles City, Pampanga)

I'd hate to spend 4 yrs studying in the PH only to learn later that I was not eligilble for the CA NCLEX.

Thanks in advance.

Timeline
7 hours ago, AmericanLVN said:

Thank you for your response.  It's very helpful.

So you took the NCLEX in April. I hope you passed.

1) when you applied with the Calif BON for NCLEX,  did you already know in advance that a degree from Olivarez would be accepted?

2) and if so, how did you determine that.

You're likely aware that prior to 2012,  it was easy graduates of Philippine schools to get a Calif license.

But then the regulations changed and  Philippine degrees were no longer acceptable;

don't know if it was all or most degrees from Philippine schools were not acceptable in CA.

Again, PinayNurse23, do you (or anyone reading this) know what the overall situation currently is for Philippine graduates to be eligible in CA now ?

Is it on a school by school basis ?  Do you know which Philippine schools are acceptable to CA BON now?  Most schools ?  Many schools ?  Or just a few schools?

I'm considering  Angles Univ Foundation (in Angles City, Pampanga)

I'd hate to spend 4 yrs studying in the PH only to learn later that I was not eligilble for the CA NCLEX.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, I passed the NCLEX also this April 2019. I got 1 month to review.

I also have the same questions as yours before. I didn't personally know any Filipino nurses who graduated prior to 2012 and actually applied for eligibility to take the NCLEX. 

I graduated 2016, and my School actually had the new curriculum that concurrent to the Cali curriculum. And also I have complete OR and DR cases, good grades, and I passed my Local Board exam.... 

If you have more questions, I'm more than happy to help and call you .

this is my email add.. message me.

[removed]

Edited by TBoneTX
e-mail address removed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

An e-mail address has been removed from this VERY public forum.  Use the Personal Messaging system to share such information.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.