aliwaqas707

Section 221(g) form Immigration Visa F1 category

9 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello

My visa category is F1. My interview was on 4th Feb i.e; today at 7 AM at Islamabad embassy. First they collected my medical report, my birth certificate and 2 photos and she asked me if i am single or married. I replied i am single she gave me an affidavit to sign if i marry before getting my visa i will dis qualify from the current category and my category will be changed. I signed the affidavit and then she asked me to wait for interview call. i waited in the hall and after 10 minutes my token was announced to window 27 where a counselor guy  asked me below questions:

1: who is your petitioner?

2: who sponsored your petitioner?

3: how many siblings you have

4: where you fall elder/middle or younger?

5: who do you live with?

6: where your siblings live?

7: how many siblings live in US?

8: how many siblings are married?

9: are you married?

10: why you did not marry?

11: what do you do?

then he asked me to wait for a while and leave the counter after 2 minutes he returned and asked me please if i have the financial documents of my sponsor?

i gave it to him. he had a birds eye view on those documents and handed back to me along with my original birth certificate and also he gave me a paper on which my case number and interview date is mentioned with 2 ticks on the  section 221(g).

i asked him if i have to wait. he said you are done for today and we will let you know the decision.

I am confused because on the letter it is written that your visa has been refused under the provision of the Immigration and nationality Act. i have attached the form phots which he handed over me.

Please if anyone has the same situation, explain what does it mean please.

Regards

221g-back.jpeg

221g-front.jpeg

The 221g isn't anything abnormal. They need to complete additional processing after the interview. As such, the visa is refused under INA 221g until they make a decision.

This is very common with Pakistan due to background checks and such (the US government does not trust the police certificates as they can be inaccurate, per https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html).

The only part that confuses me is they gave you a form to upload documents for a new I-864. However, the letter does not indicate that you need to provide any additional I-864 evidence or a joint sponsor. Did the CO mention anything about providing more documents?

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, geowrian said:

The 221g isn't anything abnormal. They need to complete additional processing after the interview. As such, the visa is refused under INA 221g until they make a decision.

This is very common with Pakistan due to background checks and such (the US government does not trust the police certificates as they can be inaccurate, per https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html).

The only part that confuses me is they gave you a form to upload documents for a new I-864. However, the letter does not indicate that you need to provide any additional I-864 evidence or a joint sponsor. Did the CO mention anything about providing more documents?

The CO did not ask me for any additional documents to upload even no document is checked on the form provided. even the CO did not keep any document with him which was list in the interview checklist. he only keep my birth certificate for 10 minutes and then returned me.

one more thing the other guy who was at the entrance gate gave a green form to all the immigrant applicants to create the profile online at 

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk now i am trying to create profile but i am unable to create the profile. it is giving error. please help me out.

I am providing the correct first name and last name as per my passport but still i am unable to create.

image.png.d7c8454a4b2d9d4322508a1713701e55.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, aliwaqas707 said:

The CO did not ask me for any additional documents to upload even no document is checked on the form provided. even the CO did not keep any document with him which was list in the interview checklist. he only keep my birth certificate for 10 minutes and then returned me.

one more thing the other guy who was at the entrance gate gave a green form to all the immigrant applicants to create the profile online at 

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/pk now i am trying to create profile but i am unable to create the profile. it is giving error. please help me out.

I am providing the correct first name and last name as per my passport but still i am unable to create.

image.png.d7c8454a4b2d9d4322508a1713701e55.png

They didn't kept ur passport ???

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.