Flynn G

Changing DS-160 number on UStraveldocs application

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 2/4/2019 at 10:34 AM, Flynn G said:

My fiancé has an old DS-160 number which the application is defaulting too from an earlier tourist visa and it wont let me anywhere change the number to her new DS-160 application? How do I fix this?

I just had this same issue today.  My fiancé did the DS-160 and had the confirmation page then we was making the interview appt for our K-1 visa.  After we made the appt the confirmation page kept showing her old DS 160 confirmation code when she was approved for a tourist visa in 2017 and I was not able to change it anywhere in her profile.  I immediately cancelled that appt and kept trying to see where I can input the DS 160 code from the new DS 160 but there was no place I see where it could be changed so I called the customer service number and the person I spoke to deleted that old DS 160 confirmation number from her profile.  The person I spoke to said since I'm doing a K1 visa I don't have to worry about the DS 160 confirmation code being on the interview appointment confirmation.  When I re-scheduled the appt and printed the interview confirmation there was no DS 160 confirmation.  Only the UID number is showing.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

50 minutes ago, Jay Jones said:

I just had this same issue today.  My fiancé did the DS-160 and had the confirmation page then we was making the interview appt for our K-1 visa.  After we made the appt the confirmation page kept showing her old DS 160 confirmation code when she was approved for a tourist visa in 2017 and I was not able to change it anywhere in her profile.  I immediately cancelled that appt and kept trying to see where I can input the DS 160 code from the new DS 160 but there was no place I see where it could be changed so I called the customer service number and the person I spoke to deleted that old DS 160 confirmation number from her profile.  The person I spoke to said since I'm doing a K1 visa I don't have to worry about the DS 160 confirmation code being on the interview appointment confirmation.  When I re-scheduled the appt and printed the interview confirmation there was no DS 160 confirmation.  Only the UID number is showing.

Did you call the customer service number at the consulate where you're having your interview?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Flynn G said:

Did you call the customer service number at the consulate where you're having your interview?

Yes, I called the service call center for the Embassy here in the Philippines.  I live in the Philippines with my fiancé.  I made sure I kept asking the person I spoke to if I need to input the new DS 160 confirmation code in her profile and she kept telling me that it doesn't apply to K1 visa.

AOS Timeline (I-485, I-765, I-131)

12/28/2019:  Packages sent to USCIS via Fedex

12/30/2019:  USCIS received packages

1/08/2020:  NOA for all 3 applications

1/17/2020:  Received biometrics appt letter for the I-485 and I-765 (Code 3). 

1/31/2020:  Biometrics completed

2/20/2020:  RFE

6/15/2020:  Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

6/15/2020:  I-765 (New Card is Being Produced)

6/30/2020:  Received Combo Card in the Mail

4/22/2021:  AOS Interview

4/26/2021:  AOS Approval

4/29/2021:  Permanent Resident Card received in the mail

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 2/8/2019 at 1:09 AM, Jay Jones said:

Yes, I called the service call center for the Embassy here in the Philippines.  I live in the Philippines with my fiancé.  I made sure I kept asking the person I spoke to if I need to input the new DS 160 confirmation code in her profile and she kept telling me that it doesn't apply to K1 visa.

Were you able to have the interview without having the DS-160 code on your ustraveldocs confirmation page? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.