Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I was wondering if anyone can help me, my boyfriend and I are UK citizens and he got transferred to the US on a L1 visa from his employers at the time of him completing his visa application we didn't include myself and my son on his application as the time was not right for us to get married and move. He then went to stay in the US in October 2018 alone, We have since realised the time is now right for me and my son to move over and we are making our plans to get married. We think we have to apply for a L2 visa for myself and my son to move to the US but we are not sure. He also is under the impression he has to approach his employer for them to change his visa for us to move, my main questions if anyone can help are;, he is in the US now and I am in the UK

Does his employer have to change his visa?
if there is a way to do it ourselves does he have to inform his employers ?
Do we have to get married before we apply?
would we have to get married in the US or the UK (he is over here for holidays some of the time)
how much does it cost?
how long does it take?
What documents would we have to submit?

any help would be very much appreciated .


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.