Veronica W

I am little nervous about the questions of green card interview.

9 posts in this topic

It’s bit stupid thing to ask. We are expecting to receive our notice for the interview. Our attorney has instructed us to prepare for the interview. However, I just want to get an idea about the questions or what we can face there?

We need to prepare for the interview. I would really appreciate if any couple (who recently gave interview) can give us an idea about it. Our marriage is going to be two-year-old in this April.

22 hours ago, kcolorado2018 said:

Hi Veronica, they will ask you personal questions regarding your marriage. As for me, they asked more questions to my husband which is the petitioner. As long as you know each other well, you should be good! Good luck! :)

Understood. I am petitioning for him. Just wanted to know what we can expect. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

hi, even if you have an immigration attorney helping with the paperwork, it is likely that they don't have the first hand   experience with the interview process , so you have been married for 2year and you know much about your husband so they will ask you personal question about your husband and anything surrounding your marriage and wish you the best. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/2/2019 at 1:35 AM, kcolorado2018 said:

Hi Veronica, they will ask you personal questions regarding your marriage. As for me, they asked more questions to my husband which is the petitioner. As long as you know each other well, you should be good! Good luck! :)

As a petioner for my wife, do you know if I will be required to attend the interview?

IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate :  
Marriage (if applicable): 2018-01-26
I-130 Sent : 2018-02-08
I-130 NOA1 : 2018-02-13
I-130 RFE :  
I-130 RFE Sent :  
I-130 Approved : 2018-08-02
NVC Received :  
Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2018-09-12
Pay AOS Bill : 2018-09-12
Receive I-864 Package :  
Send AOS Package : 2018-10-12
Submit DS-261 :  
Receive IV Bill : 2018-10-09
Pay IV Bill : 2018-10-09
Send IV Package : 2018-10-12
Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :  
Case Completed at NVC : 2018-10-22
NVC Left :  
Consulate Received :  
Packet 3 Received :  
Packet 3 Sent :  
Packet 4 Received :  
Interview Date : 2019-10-01

18 hours ago, fbjr said:

As a petioner for my wife, do you know if I will be required to attend the interview?

18 hours ago, fbjr said:

Hi, if her eligibility is based on your marriage, then you are required to attend the interview with her, unless you are in the military and is deployed. 

Edited by kcolorado2018

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 2/2/2019 at 12:01 AM, Veronica W said:

It’s bit stupid thing to ask. We are expecting to receive our notice for the interview. Our attorney has instructed us to prepare for the interview. However, I just want to get an idea about the questions or what we can face there?

We need to prepare for the interview. I would really appreciate if any couple (who recently gave interview) can give us an idea about it. Our marriage is going to be two-year-old in this April.

One thing we did before the K1 and the AOS interview was to sit down and practice our answers to the questions that we found from these forums (even though I wasn't present at the K1).  By practicing, we tried to create a clear narrative for the officer of our relationship based on the truth of our experience together, immigration officers appreciate clarity and being concise. So, we agreed on clear and concise descriptions of events and each other, decided on favorite colors (neither of us is a big fan of favorites), editing out information that wasn't important, and thought about how to communicate our commitment to each other by focusing on using words like "we" "us" and "our".  My wife (the beneficiary) found this especially helpful because English is not her first language and it made her feel more confident during the interviews.

The questions were pretty basic, when and where we met, how much time we spent together with each other's family, etc.

On 2/4/2019 at 2:42 PM, Jessica Donahue said:

One thing we did before the K1 and the AOS interview was to sit down and practice our answers to the questions that we found from these forums (even though I wasn't present at the K1).  By practicing, we tried to create a clear narrative for the officer of our relationship based on the truth of our experience together, immigration officers appreciate clarity and being concise. So, we agreed on clear and concise descriptions of events and each other, decided on favorite colors (neither of us is a big fan of favorites), editing out information that wasn't important, and thought about how to communicate our commitment to each other by focusing on using words like "we" "us" and "our".  My wife (the beneficiary) found this especially helpful because English is not her first language and it made her feel more confident during the interviews.

The questions were pretty basic, when and where we met, how much time we spent together with each other's family, etc.

I know we are ready for that. Only thing that bothers us is that we might miss something. In that case, they will create any problem or they will be easy with us?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, Veronica W said:

I know we are ready for that. Only thing that bothers us is that we might miss something. In that case, they will create any problem or they will be easy with us?

It would really depend on what you "missed." If they are confident that you are acting in good faith, they will not probe further.  However, if that is not clear to them, they will.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.