Jump to content
Veronica W

I am little nervous about the questions of green card interview.

9 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

It’s bit stupid thing to ask. We are expecting to receive our notice for the interview. Our attorney has instructed us to prepare for the interview. However, I just want to get an idea about the questions or what we can face there?

We need to prepare for the interview. I would really appreciate if any couple (who recently gave interview) can give us an idea about it. Our marriage is going to be two-year-old in this April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, kcolorado2018 said:

Hi Veronica, they will ask you personal questions regarding your marriage. As for me, they asked more questions to my husband which is the petitioner. As long as you know each other well, you should be good! Good luck! :)

Understood. I am petitioning for him. Just wanted to know what we can expect. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, even if you have an immigration attorney helping with the paperwork, it is likely that they don't have the first hand   experience with the interview process , so you have been married for 2year and you know much about your husband so they will ask you personal question about your husband and anything surrounding your marriage and wish you the best. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 1:35 AM, kcolorado2018 said:

Hi Veronica, they will ask you personal questions regarding your marriage. As for me, they asked more questions to my husband which is the petitioner. As long as you know each other well, you should be good! Good luck! :)

As a petioner for my wife, do you know if I will be required to attend the interview?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, fbjr said:

As a petioner for my wife, do you know if I will be required to attend the interview?

 

18 hours ago, fbjr said:

As a petioner for my wife, do you know if I will be required to attend the interview?

Hi, if her eligibility is based on your marriage, then you are required to attend the interview with her, unless you are in the military and is deployed. 

Edited by kcolorado2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 12:01 AM, Veronica W said:

It’s bit stupid thing to ask. We are expecting to receive our notice for the interview. Our attorney has instructed us to prepare for the interview. However, I just want to get an idea about the questions or what we can face there?

We need to prepare for the interview. I would really appreciate if any couple (who recently gave interview) can give us an idea about it. Our marriage is going to be two-year-old in this April.

 

One thing we did before the K1 and the AOS interview was to sit down and practice our answers to the questions that we found from these forums (even though I wasn't present at the K1).  By practicing, we tried to create a clear narrative for the officer of our relationship based on the truth of our experience together, immigration officers appreciate clarity and being concise. So, we agreed on clear and concise descriptions of events and each other, decided on favorite colors (neither of us is a big fan of favorites), editing out information that wasn't important, and thought about how to communicate our commitment to each other by focusing on using words like "we" "us" and "our".  My wife (the beneficiary) found this especially helpful because English is not her first language and it made her feel more confident during the interviews.

 

The questions were pretty basic, when and where we met, how much time we spent together with each other's family, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/4/2019 at 2:42 PM, Jessica Donahue said:

 

One thing we did before the K1 and the AOS interview was to sit down and practice our answers to the questions that we found from these forums (even though I wasn't present at the K1).  By practicing, we tried to create a clear narrative for the officer of our relationship based on the truth of our experience together, immigration officers appreciate clarity and being concise. So, we agreed on clear and concise descriptions of events and each other, decided on favorite colors (neither of us is a big fan of favorites), editing out information that wasn't important, and thought about how to communicate our commitment to each other by focusing on using words like "we" "us" and "our".  My wife (the beneficiary) found this especially helpful because English is not her first language and it made her feel more confident during the interviews.

 

The questions were pretty basic, when and where we met, how much time we spent together with each other's family, etc.

I know we are ready for that. Only thing that bothers us is that we might miss something. In that case, they will create any problem or they will be easy with us?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Veronica W said:

I know we are ready for that. Only thing that bothers us is that we might miss something. In that case, they will create any problem or they will be easy with us?

 

It would really depend on what you "missed." If they are confident that you are acting in good faith, they will not probe further.  However, if that is not clear to them, they will.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×