John & Rose

2 of 3 petitions Sent to NVC

7 posts in this topic

We are moving now.  2 of the 3 petitions have already been sent to NVC.  I assume the third has also.  Is there a timeline on how long that takes before I can start calling for the MNL#?

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
29 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

We are moving now.  2 of the 3 petitions have already been sent to NVC.  I assume the third has also.  Is there a timeline on how long that takes before I can start calling for the MNL#?

NVC will be contacting you .. process here takes a mite longer.   (a month +  once things start progress)

" Using CEAC is simple. To access your case online, use the unique case number and invoice ID number that NVC sends you. After you log in, you will see a summary of your case that includes the status of each visa applicant and financial sponsor associated with your case. The status chart will tell you what steps you need to take. The three main things you need to do are: 1) pay your fees, 2) complete the online visa application form, and 3) upload required documents that you scanned and saved to your computer.

You do not have to send NVC anything in the mail. Instructions and updates from NVC will be posted in your CEAC account. You can also use CEAC to update your email address; add or delete traveling family members; and add a second or third financial sponsor.  

Next steps

If NVC sent you a “welcome letter” that instructs you to begin paying your fees and working on your immigrant visa application  "

1 - Choose your agent (this can be yourself.  Please allow up to 3 weeks for the NVC to process your DS-261 before continuing to the next step )

2-  Pay your fees   ( After submitting your payment online, please allow up to 1 week for NVC to process your fee payments before continuing to the next step. You will not be able to access Form DS-260 until NVC has processed your payments. )

3-  Upload documents (..  then be patient some more ... ) 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/after-petition-approved/begin-nat-visa-center.html

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/PDF-other/Uploading to CEAC-instrucions.pdf

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

So there is no need to call to get the MNL# in the CR process?  I just wait for NVC to contact me?  I am going to ask for an expedite for the kids school.  We may be fine without it but I thought I would ask anyway.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
51 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

So there is no need to call to get the MNL# in the CR process?  I just wait for NVC to contact me?  I am going to ask for an expedite for the kids school.  We may be fine without it but I thought I would ask anyway.  

Nope, not really.   

Once NVC completes all the processing that they will do, THEN NVC schedules the interviews (you can reschedule them once the case files are at USEM).   

You need the NVC interview letter to complete the medicals.  (you have already been down this path, so you know there is no reason to rush on this)

Expedite just because of school isn't going to pull much weight .. but I am sure you know that already.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

6 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Nope, not really.   

Once NVC completes all the processing that they will do, THEN NVC schedules the interviews (you can reschedule them once the case files are at USEM).   

You need the NVC interview letter to complete the medicals.  (you have already been down this path, so you know there is no reason to rush on this)

Expedite just because of school isn't going to pull much weight .. but I am sure you know that already.

Yes, I do.  I just hope NVC is more on top of it than USCIS.  Rose is still listed as "Received" while the 2 kids are "Sent to Dept of State".  I already have Rose's NOA2 so it should at least say "approved".  We will see!

IMG_5168.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Hank_ said:

Haven't heard many complaints with NVC .. mostly people just get anxious .. ;)  

I know they were good with our K-1.  This is just a new process now and I'm getting a feel for it...and I'm anxious...😁

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.