RobertDski

Citizenship Interview Waiting Times Portland, Or.

294 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Vikingoutwest said:

Hahaha same! 😄 It would be way cool if we end up with the same date. I will just yell out CRAZELY and see who reacts haha (just kidding). In any case, it is just cool to know that someone else from this forum is going through the same thing as you, at the same time:-) 

Omg please do! 🤣🤣... I have a great feeling we will have the same date and time. 😊😊

On 11/27/2019 at 2:33 PM, Vikingoutwest said:

Thank you. You can't inquire about your case until after it is "outside normal processing time", which is different than the estimated time your account shows. Portland has a processing time of 8.5-15 months right now, and you can inquire about your case if you applied prior to September 15, 2018. https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

So, you probably just have to try and be patient. My wait time expired on 8/30 and I got the notification about interview being scheduled on 10/17 if that helps at all.

Really Appreciated Vikingoutwest

Alright then I am gonna just wait for it!

Filed: Timeline

Had my interview this morning. Got called about 45 min after my scheduled time. Officer only asked for my appointment letter and green card. I submitted all the pertinent docs and some additional evidence online so that could have helped speed things up. Applied via the 3-year marriage rule.  Interview was fast and easy.  Civics questions, bio confirmation and yes/no questions from the application. Upon completion, officer gave me the form which had a checkmark on 'Congratulations, your application has been approved.' Officer said that since it was 11:35a , I missed the cut-off for same-day Oath by 5min :( I asked if there was any way to squeeze me in and he said sorry that's the policy. Status changed online a couple hours later on the old site to 'We placed you in line for your oath ceremony'. New site has not been updated yet. The stressful part is over. Now it's just a waiting game!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 hour ago, mixxin said:

Had my interview this morning. Got called about 45 min after my scheduled time. Officer only asked for my appointment letter and green card. I submitted all the pertinent docs and some additional evidence online so that could have helped speed things up. Applied via the 3-year marriage rule.  Interview was fast and easy.  Civics questions, bio confirmation and yes/no questions from the application. Upon completion, officer gave me the form which had a checkmark on 'Congratulations, your application has been approved.' Officer said that since it was 11:35a , I missed the cut-off for same-day Oath by 5min :( I asked if there was any way to squeeze me in and he said sorry that's the policy. Status changed online a couple hours later on the old site to 'We placed you in line for your oath ceremony'. New site has not been updated yet. The stressful part is over. Now it's just a waiting game!

Wow Mixxin! Congratulations on being approved immediately! 😄 I am so sorry to hear you missed the oath by such a short amount of time...but you are right, the hard part is over - now we wait:-) Maybe we will all (Crazely, me and you) get the same date for oath - that would be way cool! I hope it will be speedy! I am in line also, and nothing new has happened yet. Congrats again! 😄

4/23/2019 (Day 00): N-400 filed Online (Portland, OR), Receipt Notice

4/27/2019 (Day 04): Biometrics scheduled

4/29/2019 (Day 06): Receipt notice available online and received in mail, Biometrics notice available online 

5/06/2019 (Day 13): Biometrics letter received in mail

5/15/2019 (Day 22): Biometrics appointment

5/16/2019 (Day 23): Reviewed biometrics

8/30/2019 (Day 129): Estimated wait time count down expired, "we are taking longer than expected to process your case"

10/17/2019 (Day 177): Egov says "Interview was scheduled", 2 hours later Myuscis says the same - no date yet

10/18/2019 (Day 178): Interview document uploaded to Myuscis

11/25/2019 (Day 216): Interview in Portland, Oregon, "A decision cannot be made", 5 hours later Egov says "placed in line for Oath"

11/26/2019 (Day 217): Myuscis says "We approved your application" 

01/16/2020  (Day 268): Casetracker says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" - 52 days since interview - no date yet

01/17/2020 (Day 269): Myuscis says "We scheduled your naturalization ceremony"

01/18/2020 (Day 270): Oath Ceremony document uploaded to Myuscis

02/06/2020 (Day 289): Oath Ceremony in Portland, Oregon

Uscis Processing Timelines https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

Visajourney Timelines https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op5=5,10,11

April Filers 2019's Tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19px0T7I0L1r79JhIJJriP1EXI1sO3u1ImNhcP38FETQ/edit#gid=0

4 hours ago, Vikingoutwest said:

Wow Mixxin! Congratulations on being approved immediately! 😄 I am so sorry to hear you missed the oath by such a short amount of time...but you are right, the hard part is over - now we wait:-) Maybe we will all (Crazely, me and you) get the same date for oath - that would be way cool! I hope it will be speedy! I am in line also, and nothing new has happened yet. Congrats again! 😄

Thanks! Being scheduled on the same day would be great!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey guys☺just wondering if any of you have gotten scheduled for the oath? I haven't heard anything yet and am getting anxious lol

4/29/2019 (Day 06): Receipt notice available online and received in mail, Biometrics notice available online 

8/30/2019 (Day 129): Estimated wait time count down expired, "we are taking longer than expected to process your case"

10/17/2019 (Day 177): Egov says "Interview was scheduled", 2 hours later Myuscis says the same - no date yet

11/25/2019 (Day 216): Interview in Portland, Oregon, "A decision cannot be made", 5 hours later Egov says "placed in line for Oath"

01/16/2020  (Day 268): Casetracker says "Oath ceremony notice was mailed" - 52 days since interview - no date yet

Visajourney Timelines https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/citlist.php?cfl=&op5=5,10,11

April Filers 2019's Tracker https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19px0T7I0L1r79JhIJJriP1EXI1sO3u1ImNhcP38FETQ/edit#gid=0

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Vikingoutwest said:

Hey guys☺just wondering if any of you have gotten scheduled for the oath? I haven't heard anything yet and am getting anxious lol

Nothing here yet. 

12 hours ago, Vikingoutwest said:

Nothing here yet either. I'll definitely post when I do. Can't wait to get this over with and move forward.

2 hours ago, SpeedUp said:

Hello guys, so thankful and blessed to have my interview and oath taking done in one day. Yesterday, December 16, 2019 is one of the most unforgettable journey of my life. Thanks be to GOD for all the blessings and guidance to help be to a Naturalized American Citizen. To GOD BE THE GLORY! 

Congrats! You're so lucky to have the oath on the same day. I am assuming your interview was done before 11:30am?

1 hour ago, mixxin said:

Congrats! You're so lucky to have the oath on the same day. I am assuming your interview was done before 11:30am?

Thanks mixxin! My interview done by 10:15am, just take less than 15 minutes, I remembered There’s some applicants had joined us after their interview before 1:30pm. I’ve seen some asked the officer to be included in the oath taking but the officer refused. We’re 63 oath takers from 24 different countries, thank GOD I’m one of them! Good luck to all and GOD bless all of us. 

Timeline
25 minutes ago, SpeedUp said:

Thanks mixxin! My interview done by 10:15am, just take less than 15 minutes, I remembered There’s some applicants had joined us after their interview before 1:30pm. I’ve seen some asked the officer to be included in the oath taking but the officer refused. We’re 63 oath takers from 24 different countries, thank GOD I’m one of them! Good luck to all and GOD bless all of us. 

Congratulations SpeedUp! So happy for you that you finally got an interview, and then Oath the same day!!! How lucky is that:-D It sounds like a cool ceremony too with so many different countries. Congrats again!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 12/26/2019 at 9:58 PM, mixxin said:

Anyone waiting for the Oath ceremony get a date yet? I'm still waiting. Quite sad that you can have it the same day or 2 months later.

Not a word yet for me. My status is still "oath ceremony will be scheduled" 🤔 it is pretty weird that it is taking so long to get scheduled, one would think the system would know what dates are available - even if that date was months away for some reason. I'm hoping this means they are gathering up a bunch of us for some kinda enormous ceremony haha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.