Jamalz

Dv1

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Do I have to do any of the documents besides the medical exam when they are expired, like the criminal records and police records or any other document

because my criminal record says valid from October,8,2018 to January,8,2019

US applies one year validity to all police certificates. 

Do you actually have a criminal record and not just a clean police certificate? Not sure I understand you properly. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

looking at other posts by you,  you interviewed in November

it says you got visa stamp

the criminal reports were for the interview/not needed  no

so congratutions on the dv lottery and visa

you need   to travel within 6 months of the medical exam/so  you need to travel  here  before April  2nd

3 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

US applies one year validity to all police certificates. 

Do you actually have a criminal record and not just a clean police certificate? Not sure I understand you properly. 

Morocco has 2  criminal  reports  to do for the interview

one of them is only good for 3 months/it expires

13 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

looking at other posts by you,  you interviewed in November

it says you got visa stamp

the criminal reports were for the interview/not needed  no

so congratutions on the dv lottery and visa

you need   to travel within 6 months of the medical exam/so  you need to travel  here  before April  2nd

Morocco has 2  criminal  reports  to do for the interview

one of them is only good for 3 months/it expires

US department of state rules (one year) apply regardless of individual country expiry dates. This rule has I think changed the last couple of years so may not have been applicable when you emigrated. I know when I left, my country (6 month) expiry was applicable but that the US one-year rule now supersedes that.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
21 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

US department of state rules (one year) apply regardless of individual country expiry dates. This rule has I think changed the last couple of years so may not have been applicable when you emigrated. I know when I left, my country (6 month) expiry was applicable but that the US one-year rule now supersedes that.

thanks for that information /that is good for NVC part of the process if it goes beyond the expiration

just to let  you understand  casa embassy requires all to be current at interview even the birth certificate which is only good for 3 months

many have had to do additional documents for embassy if one is dated for only 3 months and past the expiration date

1 hour ago, adil-rafa said:

thanks for that information /that is good for NVC part of the process if it goes beyond the expiration

just to let  you understand  casa embassy requires all to be current at interview even the birth certificate which is only good for 3 months

many have had to do additional documents for embassy if one is dated for only 3 months and past the expiration date

I was talking about embassies, interesting that you say Casablanca seems to be off on their own mission doing things differently to everywhere else.

by the way  there is no “NVC part of the process” for DV

Edited by SusieQQQ

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.