cc13

i-130 @ NVC - 2 questions about Document Cover Sheet

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So after what has seemed like eons of waiting, we FINALLY got a case and invoice number. We paid both the AOS and IV fee, the status is still 'in process' instead of 'paid' as it is the weekend, and it says it takes a couple of days. That is fine, while I am waiting I am finalizing the AOS package so I can upload it as soon as it lets me. (im assuming it has to go to paid before it will let me upload anything)
In reading the instructions, it says I must upload the attached cover sheet or face delays. I need more delays like I need another hole in my head. Soooo, My first question is, I have tried both printing, and emailing cover sheet to myself, and my spouse. In all cases, Where I am pretty sure there should be a bar code there is a little 'x' in a box like it is a borked link to an image. (see attached) I have updaded Adobe, tried using other PDF readers, and even tried different browsers. Anyone have an idea what is going on there?

Second question,

Does this get uploaded separately? (as in on its own as a separate file?) or Does it get uploaded as part of (as in, on top of the I-864, scanned in as one file) and if that is the case, does it also get scanned in as the first page of all the supporting docs as well?  

Hope someone who has done electronic processing, can help me make some sense of this. I am trying to have everything organized and ready to go as soon as the status turns to paid, and I can just upload the files, not wasting time re scanning and playing shrinky dink to get the files sizes under 2mb all over again. 

Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to answer. 

BorkedCoverSheet.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

That coversheet is to be included when you mail in forms. Read what it says--Please attach this page.....and mail to

Go here

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-6-submit-documents-to-the-nvc.html

Electronic is Method 1 and does not mention the cover sheet. 

See Method 3. It says:

Method 3: Mail processing

If none of the above methods apply to your case, mail your financial forms and evidence, supporting documents, translations, and photocopies, along with the Document Cover Sheet included with your NVC Welcome Letter, to the following address:

National Visa Center
Attn: DR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH  03801-2914

Please mail all of these items together in one package. If you are sending documents for more than one case number, please mail each case number’s documents in a separate envelope. 

If your Document Cover Sheet is missing, you can print a new one online. Go to ceac.state.gov and click on “Fee Payment” under the “Immigrant” category. You will be asked to enter your NVC case number and Invoice ID number. After doing so, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the “Print Document Cover Sheet” button. You can also choose to email yourself a copy of your document cover sheet for printing at a later time.

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

@Wuozopo 
thank you! 
Duh!!! 
I was reading to much into it.
do understand I tend to over complicate things, (I is American afterall) and when I see a form, or a piece of paper, it hurts my brain a little, as nothing is truly straight forward.  As in that would not be a link to download print an email if it was not important.
I am also exhausted from this go around the second time around,  just to get my husband back home.  

Thank you again, I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
10 hours ago, cc13 said:

Duh!!! 
I was reading to much into it.

Understood. It gets overwhelming when you are in the middle of it. I am completely done, so have the advantage of a clear head with no visa fog. 😂

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.