Jump to content
Gurdip bassi

Proof of citizenship documents

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi there.. to file I129f fiance or 130 spouse visa.. need to provide proof of citizenship aquired. I got citizenship thru naturalizations.. but i lost my naturalizations certificate.. i also see in document needed that.. u can submit either birth certificate, naturalizations or copy of American passport.. i am jus confused if that sending passport copy of citizenship proof is only for people who born in USA or i can also submit the american passport copy as citizenship proof.. please help. To get new naturalizations certificate its going to cost $535. If i can avoid paying that money for certificate.. its okay to submit passport copy?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can submit a passport copy. The only thing you can’t send is a birth certificate as you were not born in the US.


You should get a new certificate of naturalization. The cost is deter people from losing them. 




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...