Jump to content
saiibi

SPOUSE INTERVIEW

12 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

HELLO VJ FAMILY,

 

I applied for my wife and got approval from USCIS in December. yesterday I received notice to pay for NVC. since I was a citizen I applied my daughters Certificate of birth abroad in the local embassy there. They asked me some extra evidence that I will submit  it on the 10th Feb. now I am assuming my residency is not enough for my daughter to have citizenship so in case they deny that how I can add her to my wife's case so both can have the visas without the delay. kindly help if you have knowledge of such situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, saiibi said:

HELLO VJ FAMILY,

 

I applied for my wife and got approval from USCIS in December. yesterday I received notice to pay for NVC. since I was a citizen I applied my daughters Certificate of birth abroad in the local embassy there. They asked me some extra evidence that I will submit  it on the 10th Feb. now I am assuming my residency is not enough for my daughter to have citizenship so in case they deny that how I can add her to my wife's case so both can have the visas without the delay. kindly help if you have knowledge of such situation.

Unfortunately the child of a USC requires a separate i130 and does not qualify for derivative benefit like a child of an lpr does.  The only way for them to both come without delay is an approved crba 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Unfortunately the child of a USC requires a separate i130 and does not qualify for derivative benefit like a child of an lpr does.  The only way for them to both come without delay is an approved crba 

so I should apply for i130? in case they don't approve CRBA? and if yes what would be the timeline for approval?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, saiibi said:

so I should apply for i130? in case they don't approve CRBA? and if yes what would be the timeline for approval?

12 months or so, give or take, depending on the ever changing processing times is typical


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, saiibi said:

honestly this does not make any sense I guess this is what it is thanks anyways

I don't think anyone would disagree that logic and immigration don't appear to belong in the same sentence 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I don't think anyone would disagree that logic and immigration don't appear to belong in the same sentence 

I said because its just not making sense to me that LPR could add derivative benefits and citizens can not that's why I said what I said and again that's my opinion thanks for your help

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, saiibi said:

I said because its just not making sense to me that LPR could add derivative benefits and citizens can not that's why I said what I said and again that's my opinion thanks for your help

I agreed with you.   The difference is one is subject to quotas and the other is not.  Doesn't help your situation though. 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

I agreed with you.   The difference is one is subject to quotas and the other is not.  Doesn't help your situation though. 

yes I agree with that part but now my situation is that I have joined a new company and could not fly to omans embassy. my wife went there with coned bills credit cards statements and bank statement as well as pay stubs and embassy gave her a paper saying evidence of physical presence lol seriously what else could be evidence of presence ? I just don't get it now I have gotten pay receipts and my degrees as well as all the college certs to submit. honestly I hope its sufficient but if its not just in case my little girl have to wait a year. there should be something done in this case I guess I have to fly and go fight for my rights 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, saiibi said:

yes I agree with that part but now my situation is that I have joined a new company and could not fly to omans embassy. my wife went there with coned bills credit cards statements and bank statement as well as pay stubs and embassy gave her a paper saying evidence of physical presence lol seriously what else could be evidence of presence ? I just don't get it now I have gotten pay receipts and my degrees as well as all the college certs to submit. honestly I hope its sufficient but if its not just in case my little girl have to wait a year. there should be something done in this case I guess I have to fly and go fight for my rights 

 

Passport entry stamps , lease? 

 

 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Passport entry stamps 

 

 

thanks for the suggestions I will work on the leases and passport stamps I don't have any property but I will send the maximum I can 

 

Edited by saiibi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, saiibi said:

thanks for the suggestions I will work on the leases and passport stamps I don't have any property but I will send the maximum I can 

 

Lay out the days of physical presence, count the days for them.  Make it as easy for them as you can so as not to leave it up to interpretation 


YMMV

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×