saiibi

SPOUSE INTERVIEW

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

HELLO VJ FAMILY,

I applied for my wife and got approval from USCIS in December. yesterday I received notice to pay for NVC. since I was a citizen I applied my daughters Certificate of birth abroad in the local embassy there. They asked me some extra evidence that I will submit  it on the 10th Feb. now I am assuming my residency is not enough for my daughter to have citizenship so in case they deny that how I can add her to my wife's case so both can have the visas without the delay. kindly help if you have knowledge of such situation.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, saiibi said:

HELLO VJ FAMILY,

I applied for my wife and got approval from USCIS in December. yesterday I received notice to pay for NVC. since I was a citizen I applied my daughters Certificate of birth abroad in the local embassy there. They asked me some extra evidence that I will submit  it on the 10th Feb. now I am assuming my residency is not enough for my daughter to have citizenship so in case they deny that how I can add her to my wife's case so both can have the visas without the delay. kindly help if you have knowledge of such situation.

Unfortunately the child of a USC requires a separate i130 and does not qualify for derivative benefit like a child of an lpr does.  The only way for them to both come without delay is an approved crba 

YMMV

Timeline
4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Unfortunately the child of a USC requires a separate i130 and does not qualify for derivative benefit like a child of an lpr does.  The only way for them to both come without delay is an approved crba 

so I should apply for i130? in case they don't approve CRBA? and if yes what would be the timeline for approval?

Timeline
7 minutes ago, saiibi said:

so I should apply for i130? in case they don't approve CRBA? and if yes what would be the timeline for approval?

12 months or so, give or take, depending on the ever changing processing times is typical

YMMV

Timeline
43 minutes ago, payxibka said:

12 months or so, give or take, depending on the ever changing processing times is typical

honestly this does not make any sense I guess this is what it is thanks anyways

Timeline
7 minutes ago, saiibi said:

honestly this does not make any sense I guess this is what it is thanks anyways

I don't think anyone would disagree that logic and immigration don't appear to belong in the same sentence 

YMMV

Timeline
38 minutes ago, payxibka said:

I don't think anyone would disagree that logic and immigration don't appear to belong in the same sentence 

I said because its just not making sense to me that LPR could add derivative benefits and citizens can not that's why I said what I said and again that's my opinion thanks for your help

Timeline
2 minutes ago, saiibi said:

I said because its just not making sense to me that LPR could add derivative benefits and citizens can not that's why I said what I said and again that's my opinion thanks for your help

I agreed with you.   The difference is one is subject to quotas and the other is not.  Doesn't help your situation though. 

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, payxibka said:

I agreed with you.   The difference is one is subject to quotas and the other is not.  Doesn't help your situation though. 

yes I agree with that part but now my situation is that I have joined a new company and could not fly to omans embassy. my wife went there with coned bills credit cards statements and bank statement as well as pay stubs and embassy gave her a paper saying evidence of physical presence lol seriously what else could be evidence of presence ? I just don't get it now I have gotten pay receipts and my degrees as well as all the college certs to submit. honestly I hope its sufficient but if its not just in case my little girl have to wait a year. there should be something done in this case I guess I have to fly and go fight for my rights 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, saiibi said:

yes I agree with that part but now my situation is that I have joined a new company and could not fly to omans embassy. my wife went there with coned bills credit cards statements and bank statement as well as pay stubs and embassy gave her a paper saying evidence of physical presence lol seriously what else could be evidence of presence ? I just don't get it now I have gotten pay receipts and my degrees as well as all the college certs to submit. honestly I hope its sufficient but if its not just in case my little girl have to wait a year. there should be something done in this case I guess I have to fly and go fight for my rights 

Passport entry stamps , lease? 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
6 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Passport entry stamps 

thanks for the suggestions I will work on the leases and passport stamps I don't have any property but I will send the maximum I can 

Edited by saiibi

Timeline
5 minutes ago, saiibi said:

thanks for the suggestions I will work on the leases and passport stamps I don't have any property but I will send the maximum I can 

Lay out the days of physical presence, count the days for them.  Make it as easy for them as you can so as not to leave it up to interpretation 

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.