5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

Hello VJ family.  I have been researching this topic on "regional discussion", Africa Sub-Saharan forum & I couldn't find the answer & no one responded to assist.  My fiancé requested for his police report from Nigeria in December.  When he received it, it says it is only valid for 3 months, up to March 12, 2019.  His interview might be after that date.  Does anyone know if he should request for a more recent one or use the one he has now?  It will probably expirer before he gets a chance to be interviewed.  He is really feeling the stress, so I am hoping someone can help us out.  Thank you.

2 hours ago, PandT said:

Hello VJ family.  I have been researching this topic on "regional discussion", Africa Sub-Saharan forum & I couldn't find the answer & no one responded to assist.  My fiancé requested for his police report from Nigeria in December.  When he received it, it says it is only valid for 3 months, up to March 12, 2019.  His interview might be after that date.  Does anyone know if he should request for a more recent one or use the one he has now?  It will probably expirer before he gets a chance to be interviewed.  He is really feeling the stress, so I am hoping someone can help us out.  Thank you.

I recommend getting another one just to relieve your stress.  Waiting and wondering if they are going to issue a 221(g) at the interview is not fun.  My guess is that they will want a more recent police certificate.  Just go and get it for your own sanity.  They may not ask for it but at least you will know you are ready.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I recommend getting another one just to relieve your stress.  Waiting and wondering if they are going to issue a 221(g) at the interview is not fun.  My guess is that they will want a more recent police certificate.  Just go and get it for your own sanity.  They may not ask for it but at least you will know you are ready.  

Thank you very much for your help.  That's exactly what we are going to do.  The report has to come from Nigeria because that is where he was born & lived most of his life, though he is living in the Gambia.  Again, we appreciate it.

Edited by PandT

3 minutes ago, PandT said:

Thank you very much for your help.  That's exactly what we are going to do.  The report has to come from Nigeria because that is where he was born & lived most of his life, though he is living in the Gambia.  Again, we appreciate it.

If he hasn't been back then there will be no reason for a new report.  I thought he lived there now.  You are fine with the one you have.  If questioned just state the last time he was in Nigeria.  He can't possibly commit crimes there if he wasn't there.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
18 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

If he hasn't been back then there will be no reason for a new report.  I thought he lived there now.  You are fine with the one you have.  If questioned just state the last time he was in Nigeria.  He can't possibly commit crimes there if he wasn't there.

Very true.  Thanks.  I feel some relief & I know he will also when I talk to him later.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.