doveskylark

Spouse's passport validity-- 10 months validity

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My Brazilian spouse and I were hoping to submit all our forms and documents for the CR-1 visa at the end of this week. We realized that my Brazilian spouse's passport will expire in November. I have heard that 10 months of validity is not going to be a problem at this stage. But what about changing information down the line, communicating with appropriate offices, etc?. It takes about a month to get a new Brazilian passport....do you think it's better to wait and to submit our packet with the new passport information , to avoid future bureaucratic problems? 

If you're only ready to submit the information to USCIS for the I-130/I-130A then it's not a problem to renew the passport while waiting for the NOA2 and the case to be transferred to the NVC.

Since it may take anywhere from 6-10 months generally to receive NOA2 and they require 6+ months validity on the passport at the interview the intending immigrant will need to renew their passport.

The passport number doesn't really matter at USCIS but will be important for NVC and the embassy.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I agree.  Just update the passport information at the NVC stage.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.