Innocent devil

K1 visa (how soon will get visa after interview)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i am from Pakistan. I had my k1 visa interview in december at US embassy. after interview they congratulated me and told me i am approved and took my passport and didnt give me any paper or anything. They said i will get my passport in 2 weeks. Now its been 32 days since then. I have not heard from them. The online status shows application received; case last updated 7 january. Can anyone help me how soon and when will i get my passport back with visa.

6 hours ago, Innocent devil said:

i am from Pakistan. I had my k1 visa interview in december at US embassy. after interview they congratulated me and told me i am approved and took my passport and didnt give me any paper or anything. They said i will get my passport in 2 weeks. Now its been 32 days since then. I have not heard from them. The online status shows application received; case last updated 7 january. Can anyone help me how soon and when will i get my passport back with visa.

There is no set timeline for AP.  Just be patient.It is VERY rare that the CO says anything (including approval or denial).  I've never heard of them stating when the visa would be delivered.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

6 hours ago, Innocent devil said:

As @John & Rose stated the AP timeline can't predicted as it is based on many factors. Pakistan is a difficult consulate to process through. AP from them can last 2 wks, 30 days, 60 days to 12 months. We just can't say. Keep checking ceac.state.gov and when you see your status change from "immigrant" to "non-immigrant" then you are getting very close to receiving your visa.

For them to keep your passport and not hand you any papers is a good sign. More patience is needed.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

As @John & Rose stated the AP timeline can't predicted as it is based on many factors. Pakistan is a difficult consulate to process through. AP from them can last 2 wks, 30 days, 60 days to 12 months. We just can't say. Keep checking ceac.state.gov and when you see your status change from "immigrant" to "non-immigrant" then you are getting very close to receiving your visa.

For them to keep your passport and not hand you any papers is a good sign. More patience is needed.

Hi @Greenbaum. they didnt say its in AP. consulate said you are approved and kept the passport. At ceac.state.gov website status changed from immigrant to non-immirgant on the same day of my interview on 14 dec and status as "application received". After that case updated date changed twice 2 january and 7 january.

Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

There is no set timeline for AP.  Just be patient.It is VERY rare that the CO says anything (including approval or denial).  I've never heard of them stating when the visa would be delivered.

They didnt say it is in AP. CO just said congrats you are approved and took the passport. At ceac.state.gov website status changed from immigrant to non-immirgant on the same day of my interview on 14 dec and status as "application received". After that case updated date changed twice 2 january and 7 january.

Its now 32 days so i am not sure when will i receive the visa

5 minutes ago, Innocent devil said:

They didnt say it is in AP. CO just said congrats you are approved and took the passport. At ceac.state.gov website status changed from immigrant to non-immirgant on the same day of my interview on 14 dec and status as "application received". After that case updated date changed twice 2 january and 7 january.

Its now 32 days so i am not sure when will i receive the visa

•  

AP is the black hole after the interview.  Every petition goes through it.  You just need to be patient.  I believe there is another thread here where the petition has been in AP for almost 2 years.  That is abnormal but it is part of the process.  There is no timeline for AP.

Sometimes it is just days and other times it is months and years.  

Edited by John & Rose

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
On 1/14/2019 at 9:04 PM, John & Rose said:

AP is the black hole after the interview.  Every petition goes through it.  You just need to be patient.  I believe there is another thread here where the petition has been in AP for almost 2 years.  That is abnormal but it is part of the process.  There is no timeline for AP.

Sometimes it is just days and other times it is months and years.  

okay. thank you for your reply. hoping for the best.

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:56 AM, Innocent devil said:

Hi @Greenbaum. they didnt say its in AP. consulate said you are approved and kept the passport. At ceac.state.gov website status changed from immigrant to non-immirgant on the same day of my interview on 14 dec and status as "application received". After that case updated date changed twice 2 january and 7 january.

One you see case updates it's because someone is "touching" your file which can only mean they continue to adjudicate your case. This is a good sign. But still, being in AP is different for each embassy and different for each individual. No one can say for sure. We can only share what we have seen and what tricks we have to determine where in the process you are.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Greenbaum said:

One you see case updates it's because someone is "touching" your file which can only mean they continue to adjudicate your case. This is a good sign. But still, being in AP is different for each embassy and different for each individual. No one can say for sure. We can only share what we have seen and what tricks we have to determine where in the process you are.

Right. Hoping for the best. Thank you for your reply.

Be thankful you are both in non immigrant status right after your interview. My non immigrant has no status a week after interview and immigrant is in ap so I’m in the uncertain early stages of the black hole 

Late 2016: Met playing Clash of Kings the West

Feb 2017: Started online "dating"

May 2017: Met in Orlando

July 2017: Arkansas and Seminole (1 night) visit

October 2017: Washington DC visit.

December 2017: Seminole OKC home visit and Amanda  met Chayne's kids and dad.

January 2018:  York England visit Chayne met Amanda's son.

April 2018: London/Paris/York visit we got engaged on April 6th!!

April 19th 2018: packet sent

April 23rd 2018: USPS say packet signed for.

April 25th 2018: Electronic NOA1 received 

April 26th 2018: Cheque Cashed

April 30th 2018: hard copy NOA1 received

June 2018: Seminole visit, Amanda met Chayne's  adult son

event.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, AmandaandChayne said:

Be thankful you are both in non immigrant status right after your interview. My non immigrant has no status a week after interview and immigrant is in ap so I’m in the uncertain early stages of the black hole 

yeah im hoping for the best. Today status changed from application received to Admin processing and status is non-immigrant. 

best of luck with your case.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 8:16 PM, Innocent devil said:

yeah im hoping for the best. Today status changed from application received to Admin processing and status is non-immigrant. 

best of luck with your case.

Thanks to God. My visa issued today. After 2 weeks of admin processing.Today the ceac website showed the issued status in the morning. Also received call from embassy informing about visa issuance. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.