jackson6658

Do I need to do 2nd dose for MMR for K1 interview?

22 posts in this topic

were you never vaccinated as a child?  Doctor could've ran a titre test before you did all the vx. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have done some vaccine(may not those listed on the vaccine checlist ) when I was child and I have no record. 

NOA1 Apr 19, 2018  

NOA2 Oct 18.2018  

Packet 4 recieved Jan 11,2019

K1 Interview date: Feb 13,2019

K1 Visa received: Feb 21,2019

US Entry: April 7,2019

AOS Filed: April 30,2019

Bio Appt: May 30,2019

AOS interview date: Sep 10,2019(GREEN CARD APPROVED!!)

On 1/15/2019 at 8:03 PM, jackson6658 said:

I have done some vaccine(may not those listed on the vaccine checlist ) when I was child and I have no record. 

You can request the record from the provincial health (i was too old for them to keep the record though..) or get titre tests done by your GP to show immunity or not.  

I had to get an MMR because i didnt have immunity to measles (but i did to mumps and rubella).  I also had a tdap since you need one once every 10 years anyhow. 

But i requested titre tests first.  I have a chicken pox scar (2 actually) so that was easy to show but we titre tested it anyhow. 

Flu vx is just mandatory right now. 

Edited by NikLR

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

I did medical exam yesterday and the doctor told me he doesn't need confirmation of vaccination and the stamped vaccination checklist is good enough. I am not sure whether I have antibody or not. Today I called my family doctor regarding confirmation of antibody and he gave me a form to do blood test in lab and after that he can provide confirmation of antibody(also, he mentioned only MMR and Chicken pox has antibody confirmation, and no for flu shot or tdap). I am not sure whether I can use my family doctor's antibody confirmation for my future AOS is US? Any one can give me any advice? Thank you!    

NOA1 Apr 19, 2018  

NOA2 Oct 18.2018  

Timeline

@jackson6658 I also had my US medical yesterday and the only thing I needed was TDAP. I received it there for a cost of $45 can 😁. All my other imms were up to date.

Possibly see you Feb. 13th...getting really excited to have this next step completed.

Tdap.. free at any health clinic if you can't provide info you've had it within the last 10 years. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, Joan58 said:

@jackson6658 I also had my US medical yesterday and the only thing I needed was TDAP. I received it there for a cost of $45 can 😁. All my other imms were up to date.

Possibly see you Feb. 13th...getting really excited to have this next step completed.

Wish you all the best🗽

NOA1 Apr 19, 2018  

NOA2 Oct 18.2018  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.