Ginwill

upgrading i-130 from F2A to CR1

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

i filed petition for my husband under F2A category in may 2018 and my service center is CSC. I got my citizenship in Nov, 2018. I called USCIS to upgrade my petition from F2A to CR1. They sent me a notice in the mail stating that i have to fax the copy of notice and naturalizatiin certificate. I did it on the same day. Since, then i haven’t recieve any upgrade motice or confirmation that my case was upgraded or not. I also tried to call USCIS they said if i did fax the documents they should have done it and USCIS doesnt really send mails. The petition would have been upgraded by itself. I am so confused at this point. Has anyone experienced the same situation while upgrading the Petition?

Timeline

Have you tried talking to tier 2 officer? they tend to have bit more information about the file.

12/26/2015 Got Married

Our CR1 Journey

2/4/2016 - I-130 file and documents mailed to Chicago Lockbox

2/9/2016 - Received NOA1 via text and email

2/15/2016 - Received NOA1 in mail

5/18/2016 to 6/1/2016 - Visited wife in india

8/11/2016 - Received NOA 2 via text and email :dancing: :dancing:

8/22/2016 - Received NOA 2 in mail

9/6/2016 - Case was sent to NVC (received text & email)

9/12/2016 - NVC received our Case from USCIS... wait continues for NVC case number

9/27/2016 - Submitted -261 and paid AOS fee

9/29/2016 - Received and paid IV fee

10/9/2016 - Submitted DS-260

10/15/2016 - AOS and IV package mailed to NVC

10/19/2016 - Scan Date

12/07/2016 - Case Completed

12/27/16 - Interview date received over the phone

12/30/16 - P4 letter received

02/03/2016 - Interview, VISA APPROVED!!!:jest::jest:

Timeline

Yes, I tried that too. He said the same thing that it might have upgraded if you sent us a copy of naturalizatiin certificate. But he didnt give me any confirmation. Its been more than 40 days still no response.

• 3 months later...
Timeline
On 1/18/2019 at 7:34 PM, Ginwill said:

finally my case is upgraded to immediate relative category on jan 15 😀

I recieved an email from CSC 

email or physical mail?

Timeline
4 hours ago, saladboye said:

email or physical mail?

hi i recieved an email from USCIS

my case got approved on april 11 

waiting for NVC to send me the case number

• 2 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/22/2019 at 10:44 PM, Ginwill said:

hi i recieved an email from USCIS

my case got approved on april 11 

waiting for NVC to send me the case number

How long did you wait after approval? I upgraded mine on June. I didn't received any letter or email. I called them and they send me an email stating the category changed to immediate relative and will be waiting a response within 5 months. I have no choice at this point. 

Timeline
47 minutes ago, BerhaeLee said:

How long did you wait after approval? I upgraded mine on June. I didn't received any letter or email. I called them and they send me an email stating the category changed to immediate relative and will be waiting a response within 5 months. I have no choice at this point. 

i waited for 3 months 

And for those 3 months i used to put service request case outside normal processing time.

Edited by Ginwill

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.