akfamilyjourney

Evidence of Financial Support 2018

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi people!

You've been very helful so far! 😊

We are collecting evidence of financial support at this moment.

I just checked instructions for i-134 and they either don't mention recent payslips for the evidence or I simply can't see the information about them.

1. If we still need to include them, how recent do they need to be and how many of them? Would it be ok to include September (earlier?) - December paystubs if I have my interview in February?

2. Does anybody have samples of the employment letter?

3. Tax return/W2/IRS transcripts, what is the difference?

4. Bank statement? How necessary?

Am I missing something out?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. How booked the embassy in London right now, does anybody know?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
57 minutes ago, theafons said:

Hi people!

I just checked instructions for i-134 and they either don't mention recent payslips for the evidence or I simply can't see the information about them.

1. If we still need to include them, how recent do they need to be and how many of them? Would it be ok to include September (earlier?) - December paystubs if I have my interview in February?

Thanks a lot!

You won't need all four of these proofs. Pick whatever is easiest to provide. They seem to like employer letters.

Concerning tax info: one or the other, not both

• A complete tax return would include a photocopy of all the forms and schedules in your paper tax return PLUS the wage statement that comes from the employer (W2 or 1099-MISC or 1099-R). 
  • Or send a tax return transcript that is ordered from  the IRS. 

You employer or HR department probably knows how to write a letter saying Joe Smith is employed full time as an engineer earning $86,000 per year. (Or whatever they choose to cover your circumstances.) 

No to bank statements unless you have no job and are seeking approval on having enough cash in the bank in lieu of a salary.

Edited by Wuozopo

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
54 minutes ago, theafons said:

Would it be ok to include September  - December paystubs if I have my interview in February?

Sure. Sounds fine. They aren't too fussy in London.  My stuff was four months old at interview and they didn't even discuss any of it. Not a word.

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
53 minutes ago, theafons said:

Hi people!

Thanks a lot!

I did an I-134 last year.  Printed every bank statement YTD from Jan to the date I filled out the form and matched them month by month with paystubs for current year income, then attached previous year’s tax return / W2/1099’s for previous year income and sent it in with the last paystub from December.

The latest paystub had gross/net deposit so it was an easy trail of income to follow.

The first I-134 I did in 2008 had a one-page letter from my employer, a one-page letter from my bank, a current YTD paystub, and previous year’s tax return with the W2, etc attached.  It was also accepted.  So there are two ways to demonstrate income, both deemed acceptable.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

I did an I-134 last year.  Printed every bank statement YTD from Jan to the date I filled out the form and matched them month by month with paystubs for current year income, then attached previous year’s tax return / W2/1099’s for previous year income and sent it in with the last paystub from December.

The latest paystub had gross/net deposit so it was an easy trail of income to follow.

The first I-134 I did in 2008 had a one-page letter from my employer, a one-page letter from my bank, a current YTD paystub, and previous year’s tax return with the W2, etc attached.  It was also accepted.  So there are two ways to demonstrate income, both deemed acceptable.

Thank you!

We plan to go with employment letter and paystubs mainly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.