love2007

did it happen to anyy body else

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

HI ALL

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AS u all know i got a 221g on april 20th for submitting the tax papers.

after i did that on 28th april they sent in another letter asking for the information of all the family members and relatives. i submitted the same and today they returned my passport with a letter statingPLEASE BEAR WITH US WHILE UR CASE UNDERGOES MANDATORY ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING.WE WILL CONTACT U . WAIT FOR OUR LETTER.

Now my question is why did they return my passport does it mean i would not be getting a visa....... oh please i m going mad :devil::devil::devil::devil:

PLEASE HELP

Filed: Country: Senegal
Timeline

Sometimes they don't keep the passport. They did not keep my fiance's

passport either and we have been on AP for 5 month now.

They will contact you.

You can contact DOS and the embassy about twice a month but that

won't make it go any faster.

We have not been approved neither denied just waiting for a decision

after AP is complete.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

CR 1 applicants have to endure AP as well and my husband was in AP for 5 months from the time of his interivew, had a field investigation and it is normal for this to happen at our particular consulate/embassy. All you can do is provide the information and be paitent and may you be rewarded soon with your visa. Remember too that as a CR 1 applicant you do not have to do AOS stateside and can work almost immediately.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline
CR 1 applicants have to endure AP as well and my husband was in AP for 5 months from the time of his interivew, had a field investigation and it is normal for this to happen at our particular consulate/embassy. All you can do is provide the information and be paitent and may you be rewarded soon with your visa. Remember too that as a CR 1 applicant you do not have to do AOS stateside and can work almost immediately.

Mary

What exactly is a field investigation? Is it because they suspect the validity of the relationship or job, etc, and proof supplied or what? (If you know)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Mary

What exactly is a field investigation? Is it because they suspect the validity of the relationship or job, etc, and proof supplied or what? (If you know)

A field investigation is done to verify the information that is submitted with your file. They will send out someone to your residence, place of work, in your neighborhood to inquire if you are married, about your character, etc. Some countries with high faud the individual is already married and hidden this fact to the USC and I have seen a few denials because of this in the past. But all investigations are done to protect the USC as well as to rule out any fraud on both parties part.

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

• 3 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.